Sponsored

How to find build date for non-factory order?

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All -

long story short - I had an issue w/ my day-1 order (it was damaged during transport), and my dealer worked with ford to "allow"(?) them to sell me a car that a customer walked away from that they had on their lot. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I was thankful I got a car and didn't overpay.

Question - I'd like to find out the actual build date of the car? Is this doable with the vin? Thank you
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi All -

long story short - I had an issue w/ my day-1 order (it was damaged during transport), and my dealer worked with ford to "allow"(?) them to sell me a car that a customer walked away from that they had on their lot. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I was thankful I got a car and didn't overpay.

Question - I'd like to find out the actual build date of the car? Is this doable with the vin? Thank you
I believe that it is on the window sticker. It should be the blend date.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a VIN has been issued, you need the VIN and Order Number (a 4 digit number) and then you can pull up the information.

This is the ford link:
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

There is this tracking app too:
https://ordertrack.app/?utm_source=Bronco+6g&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Thank+You

The other tracking links:
(1) Here are the Bronco Build & Tracking links | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

To my knowledge, if a VIN hasn't yet been issued, if you don't have a reservation, there isn't a way to track to find if a build date been set (VIN will typically will be issued when first build date is scheduled). Maybe if your dealer entered in your email properly and get notifications, but it didn't happen to me and if you are getting one someone walked away from that likely isn't possible either.

Good luck.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that it is on the window sticker. It should be the blend date.
The date on the window sticker for the blend date isn't always accurate either because depending on the vehicle's scheduled rotation number and blend date and if they weren't already a week or partial week behind when it was due to be built, e.x. my 22 OBX was given a final scheduled blend date of 4/1/22 but was actually blended and reported as having been built on 4/5/22. That wasn't reflected in the window sticker.

If you purchase temporary access to the Oasis system to look up the workshop manual etc, you should also be able to see based on the VIN when it was actually built and released.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biteyk9s

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick replies, all. The ford links wont wonk (i dont think) as I dont have the original order number, etc. This car was purchased out of dealer inventory.

Yes I have the car and window sticker - i'll go check the vin sticker.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the quick replies, all. The ford links wont wonk (i dont think) as I dont have the original order number, etc. This car was purchased out of dealer inventory.

The information you would have needed was on the window sticker (order number plus vin), but as you've already taken possession it's been marked as sold and thus the order tracker isn't available any longer for this vehicle.

It would work even if it wasn't your order but it had to be prior to delivery.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the bottom left of window sticker, there is a box that says "ITEM #:". In that box you can find the order number. For example mine says "13-5050 O/T 1" the 5050 is the order number. Use that and the VIN to look at the online status which should give you the build date.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the bottom left of window sticker, there is a box that says "ITEM #:". In that box you can find the order number. For example mine says "13-5050 O/T 1" the 5050 is the order number. Use that and the VIN to look at the online status which should give you the build date.
It won't work now that delivery was taken, but yes that was where to find the order number on the WS. The tracker will say something to the effect that this vehicle was delivered, please see your owners documentation for more information about your vehicle.

OP
OP
Biteyk9s

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12/21

I got it on the vin sticker...I dont know why I didn't think of that. Thanks all.
Sponsored