Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi all,

I have brand new 2023 Bronco Raptor for sale and was told I can make a profit, but I don’t even know where to begin. I have about 24 hours to decide if I’m going to pick mine up from the dealership (at MSRP) and resell it to make a little profit. Is it even worth doing it? And how would I do it?
Know someone that’s interested or a car broker?

UPDATE: I left it at the dealership. Thanks for the advice
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to buy it first.
That will cost you MSRP, plus sales tax (8.25% in Vegas baby), registration ($34 + 1.4% of vehicle sales price), plus processing fees (approx. $200). So there is about $9,000 of money you are not getting back. On top of that, you still will have to pay listing costs ($300 - $1500) or a brokerage fee (usually at least 2%). So you would have to clear $10G's or more above MSRP to break even.

You are now in the dealership ADM stratosphere. Is that a space you are comfortable in?
Are you a big roller?

OP
OP

Tommi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you’re saying you wouldn’t do it? Also, it would be registered in Michigan. I’m at $91k msrp

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1.. Look up Michigan's rates and do the math.
2. Me? No. I don't do negative transactions.
3. I personally think the people who said they "sold it for $XXX dollars over MSRP" never said they made a profit on all the transactions combined. To avoid vehicle sales tax and registration, you have to be a registered broker or dealer with the DMV (regardless of state). When someone posts the actual (unredacted) bills of sale and their bank statements, then I will believe them. So, smoke and mirrors and some bovine pucks.
4. Unless you find a real life dolt, you probably can't charge someone a premium and expect them to buy the Bronco "AS IS". I am not familiar with MI law on unexpired warranty period for private used car sales. (The instant you drive over that dealership curb, its a used car.) You could be on the hook for the warranty costs if Ford chose not to honor it for some lame reason.

You aren't selling Matchbox cars for cash. If someone can fork out $100K+ cash for a car, you can bet they have an attorney on speed dial for when they are not happy. Do you?

Sponsored

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You'll easily sell it for $120k, stick $20k in your pocket, I'd go for it.
Where? They aren’t even hitting $85k reserve prices on BAT and there are dealers like Granger who are selling their (5+) BRaptor allocations at MSRP. Reading auction comments you might be able to resell a bit above MSRP but $120k isn’t happening anymore. Anyone who wants one of these and was willing to pay $120k already has one.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have zero interest in a Bronco Raptor. But I just did a quick AutoTrader search near me, and there no less than 10 of them priced at or below what your paying and attempting to flip. Here’s one. GLWS!!
IMG_9257.png

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The flip boat has sailed my friend, odds are you’d end up losing a little I wouldn’t do it unless you plan on keeping it for at least a little while to enjoy it

Sponsored

orekid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at bring a trailer. It’s more than doable

jlee504

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think you missed that boat. I just a raptor for 2800 under MSRP, now it depends which MSRP you have but still they are dropping pretty quickly. even if you have an earlier 2023 raptor msrp there isn't that kind of premium anymore.

its amazing these dealers are still trying to get ADMs and don't actually realize how much inventory is building out there

Reactions: LCW

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it though?

Ford Bronco How to sell my Brand New Bronco Raptor Screenshot_20231210-121824

Ford Bronco How to sell my Brand New Bronco Raptor Screenshot_20231210-121824

The 3 month average sell price is $93.8k.
Average bid to price is $91.3k
I don't know if there is any correlation that can be made, but any raptor that is not a grayscale color seems to realize a lower selling price. Recognizing that the provided sample is small, it would be interesting if the general premise of the observation is supported with a larger sample size. Something raptor owners might want to explore, if they are curious.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're a tad late on the buy-and-flip of the Bronco's. The wait is not that long right now, so finding someone willing to spend $20k over MSRP (the amount you'd need to list it to make it worth your while) is unlikely.

I'm currently debating selling my current Bronco to pick up a Bronco Raptor and the dealership is listing it at $10k under MSRP. These are frickin expensive vehicles and if you haven't noticed, the Economy isn't doing too hot and interest rates are a killer to most folks.
Sponsored