Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I canceled today. Was 4door badlands sas lux tow hardtop 62k.
Gas prices was just final straw.
main reasons
1- only 3500lbs tow rating
2- removing features while raising price
3- worried about sub par chips do to shortage
4- audio quality even with lux package
5- orange isn’t really orange. not big deal but still
That Said still plan on getting one eventually but hoping Things will improve with future models
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I canceled today. Was 4door badlands sas lux tow hardtop 62k.
Gas prices was just final straw.
main reasons
1- only 3500lbs tow rating
2- removing features while raising price
3- worried about sub par chips do to shortage
4- audio quality even with lux package
5- orange isn’t really orange. not big deal but still
That Said still plan on getting one eventually but hoping Things will improve with future models
Honestly, I would be more tempted to cancel if I didn't get my VIN already. The uneasiness in the world has got me thinking.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me as well, this is a straight up want for me, not a need. I built my Bronco to the top end of my budget because I didn't want to settle. If I lose paying MSRP(which I think is highly unlikely) or if I'm pushed to 2023 and there's a significant price increase, the Bronco will be in someone else's garage and I'll look at buying one down the road.
Me too.

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I would be more tempted to cancel if I didn't get my VIN already. The uneasiness in the world has got me thinking.
And what if you have to pay 2000 more at check out?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These thing will impact future supply. Not current supply. Also, one of the major issues with they keystone pipeline was the path it took and the potential to pollute the water supply in the area. The company pushing it said it would be one of the safest pipelines....
Keystone Pipeline Leaks 383,000 Gallons of Oil in North Dakota
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/us/keystone-pipeline-leak.html
Keystone XL is different pipeline that takes a different path. The thing is that they could have built the whole thing in sections without requiring US federal approval until the last mile crossing the border from Canada but they decided to be open and honest about the whole project and they got screwed by politicians buying environmentalist's votes.

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I still didn’t have vin and planed on paying cash and the way things are would rather hold on my money for awhile

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keystone XL is different pipeline that takes a different path. The thing is that they could have built the whole thing in sections without requiring US federal approval until the last mile crossing the border from Canada but they decided to be open and honest about the whole project and they got screwed by politicians buying environmentalist's votes.
You're right, though that pipeline also spilled oil. "The two spills from the Keystone pipelines dumped a combined 12,000 barrels of oil in the Dakotas"
And had a record worse than the national average. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/23/oil-leaks-keystone-pipeline-spill-record-506613

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And what if you have to pay 2000 more at check out?
Well my dealer better not mark me up. I signed when I put a $1500 deposit with no ADM.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im buying the Bronco as a daily driver until they make a plug in hybrid or full electric Maverick. Then the Bronco will only be a toy.
I would buy the hybrid now, if it was available. No plans to sell the Bronco or my wife’s expy.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've lost far more in investments than I'll pay extra at the pump before this all settles down, and there are far worse things going on in this world than the extra $80 - $100 a month that I have to pay for gas.

Just remember, this stuff is cyclical. Now is not forever. Those stocks will come back, and fuel costs will drop.

That being said, I will be getting the Bronco E whenever it comes around.

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my dealer better not mark me up. I signed when I put a $1500 deposit with no ADM.
The 2000 dollar increase is because of the latest B&P increases.. not ADM. depends on your order date..

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
Yes.
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
Yes. I suspect $4/gal won't be many, as it's high but not unprecedented. But if it starts hitting $5 most certainly.
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?
Price protection was already a good-will measure. They weren't obligated to do it.
Having said that, the number of early res holders is known and decreasing with every order that rolls out of MAP. If Ford cared about their customer sentiment (they don't) they would take a loss to maintain the original pricing.
I do find it funny all the people advocating "drill baby drill" on a forum for a vehicle ostensibly aimed at outdoor enthusiasts. Or that the politicians are controlling the oil companies and not the other way around.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To answer the question originally before the conversation changed:

The impact of the prices of oil do not affect my desire or my order of a Ford Bronco. It will be both a daily driver and a toy. I want a Bronco.

Now, if the crisis causes Ford to stop producing Broncos entirely, then yes I will move on... to an overly expensive refurbished and modified '67 - '70 Bronco that is 1.5 to 2x the cost of a new '22 (right now). Because... I have decided I want a Bronco. I will not pay the 2x on eBay for a '21 or '22 but might for a classic refurbished.

I do like the F-150 Lightning, but would probably wait a little longer on electric vehicles for states and/or the federal government to invest in the infrastructure to support them nationwide. While I live in a large enough city that I can easily find the infrastructure, I want the option to go outside cities. And, frankly, that is very difficult to do without very well-planned stops in an electric right now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.