Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Possibly.

If people are still retarded enough to pay $10k over sticker by the time mine is built, then I'll be selling and laugh to the bank. I'm not exactly excited about having a car payment, but if I can make enough to pick up a used sportbike on the cheap then so be it :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Milkbaby

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My big bend, 2.7, 3.73 , 33ā€ tires, Iā€™m averaging 21.5 around town. I fill up on Wednesday no matter what the fuel gauge is showing. Iā€™m driving

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I didn't order this "toy" based on gas mileage or consumption.
If I was really concerned I'd have bought a Tesla.
C'mom man!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won't effect me really as i will just have a daily that gets 30+ mpg. Right now i drive a beater Buick Lesabre and that gets between 25-30mpg. Good enough for me. The Bronco is a toy/hunting rig/family trip vehicle. Prices will cut down on how often i drive it around but not much overall...

StockFord2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150; 2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fuel costs go up and down all the time. I feel this is temporary ā€¦. and for a very good reason, as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sitting on the fence wondering which way to leap have a 2016 escape to trade but it gets 30mpg, but trade in prices are all time high 8000 grand buys a lot of gas.šŸ˜±šŸ¤”

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BTW. Found out new price protection.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamondā„¢$2,475$2,075
Outer Banksā„¢$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

_Nelson_

Base
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?

talk-amongst-yourselves-mike-myers.gif
Zero effect. The sale demographic doesn't sweat has price enough to disuad them from buying . Also won't affect selling over MSRP

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With gas going to $5-$6 a gallon it would not slow down sales of the Bronco people would go further in debt just to have one. Look you gotta to impress you neighbors and social media and pray that the government bail u out šŸ˜Ž

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting 14.5 mpg on sas bronco. But the Bronco is around towner/ fun toy. Itā€™s my dedicated vehicle but I commute via train. So Iā€™ll average about 5k miles a year, 90% non highway. Most of my miles frankly are unnecessary. Ie i turn a 5 mile trip into a 30-45 min joy ride. Or squeeze in a weekend adventure with no agenda. Itā€™s a weekend escape to have some freedom and fun.

My analogy is if there were a vending machine next to the bronco, I would need to slide in a 5 dollar bill to take it out for that long joy ride. If the vending machine started taking 10s instead of 5s, I would still be totally fine with that. So mentally my breakeven on gas prices would be more like double - $8 a gallon before I actually started to reconsider my rides. But honestly it would be need to be closer to $15 or 20 per weekend drive before I started to seriously rethink it. Maybe thatā€™s what they mean by smiles per gallon. Either way, I have a long way to go with inflation and gas prices before it changed my thought process on taking on the bronco for those weekend or evening cruises. Right now itā€™s almost a non-factor.

If it werenā€™t a fun vehicle I would care much more. Itā€™s actually my wifeā€™s XC90 that gets slightly better gas mileage but takes premium that annoys me. Itā€™s not fun to drive and could easily be replaced by an EV or more efficient vehicle. As for the Bronco itā€™s an amusement park ride that costs $5 per ticket. Big whoop. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fuel prices affect the cost of nearly everything. What you eat, what you wear, everything in the stores...

It won't be just the extra cost to drive the Bronco. It will also be the increase in everything else plus the cost of that Bronco that people really don't need.

GM was living high on the hog selling 1/2 ton pickups disguised as humvees until gas went up in price.
In a post on here I said that Ford could be keeping reservation holders in their packet for the bad times. This may be it, when the regular people make the calculation of gas cost and drop out Ford will have a buffer in the reservation holders.

When they run out of reservation holders they'll have to discount to get sales but if the cost of living keeps going up more and more buyers will back away. New sales of the Bronco could be fighting the used market of Broncos as they get dumped by people that can't afford to fuel them. The Bronco could be done in just a few years.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think what we're seeing here is close to what happened with the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Demand and sales were high when it was released. Gas prices skyrocketed and the sales dropped dramatically. Gas prices didn't really recover until near the end of the FJ Cruiser's run. Depending on how long gas prices stay high, the Bronco might experience the same problems. Not to mention all the other production and supply issues plaguing the Bronco.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When they run out of reservation holders they'll have to discount to get sales but if the cost of living keeps going up more and more buyers will back away. New sales of the Bronco could be fighting the used market of Broncos as they get dumped by people that can't afford to fuel them. The Bronco could be done in just a few years.
I think what we're seeing here is close to what happened with the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Demand and sales were high when it was released. Gas prices skyrocketed and the sales dropped dramatically. Gas prices didn't really recover until near the end of the FJ Cruiser's run. Depending on how long gas prices stay high, the Bronco might experience the same problems. Not to mention all the other production and supply issues plaguing the Bronco.
It would be dumb of Ford not to offer it as an electric/hybrid variant. I'd hope that it is already in development.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m currently on a spring break road trip with the family in the Bronco. The high gas prices are definitely sucking.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's got me thinking, but I want my toy.

I'm selling another toy to help get this toy.

We'll make it work until we can't (if it gets to that point).

Otherwise:

tenor.gif
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.