First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might seem that way here on 6g, but it ain't that way with the important larger demographic of potential buyers.

I mostly tapped out after the last $2000 price increase, with no 2-door likely this summer anyway, and having low motivation to screw around finding some high allocation non scamming dealer or whatever.

And now we've got prospect of a relatively low mpg vehicle and steeply rising fuel prices. Man I do hope though, the Bronco is a long term success for the vehicle genre.
I strongly disagree. This is a niche market it doesn't compare to standard vehicles outside of the Jeep Wrangler which bronco will be carving out in it huge market share of the Wrangler. There's nothing else on the horizon in this category (Chevy is owned by China and they don't have a vision for this market). Also when it comes to the two-door that is even more of a niche market. Families aren't going to be buying the two-door. Two doors will be sold to people with more disposable income.

Reactions: Jdc

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunatley that forecast doesn't take into account world events. We're already sniffing $130 a barrel and over $4/gl avg. We're seeing over $5 here in the Seattle area

N8Mash

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the forecast is accounting for volatility though, as there is also this graphic relating prices in context of geopolitical events:

Ford Bronco How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery [Warning: NO POLITICS] 1646834694527

Of course who knows what more :poop: will hit the fan.

Important to note the charts are showing prices in 2010 dollars, so adjusted for inflation it looks like ~$112-$117 currently.

That site is an worthwhile read, it gives a lot of information on the complexity of the market. Thanks @mhtucker78

Sponsored

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my recent trip from Charleston. SC to Nags Head, NC, my Bronco OBX 2.7 ECO got 22mpg. Fuel prices go up and down over the months and years, dont know why that would dissuade buyers, unless they're tired of waiting, and fuel economy is a last straw and they buy an electric Hummer?!
I have an OBX 2.7 non SAS coming in myself soon. If you donā€™t mind me asking are you a heavy foot/what was your average speed? I get about 23.3 mpg in my Edge sport with the 2.7 and just wondering how much less mpg Iā€™ll get (I was expecting some drop). I am not so much a heavy foot anymore but I do drive 75-80 mph on the highway here in Texas.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
hey for all the electric car people how do you charge them anyway? seems like gas, coal, and nuclear power is what powers most homes right is that really better for the environment?
My home uses nuclear power, which is what I use to charge my electric car.
I am not overly concerned about the environment but am cautious about it. I try not to damage the trails in my Jeep and won't pour the used oil down the drain when I change it, but still drive my Jeep and use my boat.
I am not an expert on the governmental controls over nuclear plant emissions but I've worked solely in manufacturing during the last 16 years and have been part of the construction of several manufacturing plants throughout the world. For example, India strictly regulates any emissions from manufacturing sites. The water out of our plants is on average cleaner than what we get from the city/river.
I assume power plant emissions are regulated in a similar way unlike someone that, for example, removes the catalytic converter from his/her car. So probably easier to regulate a single source of energy instead of hundreds of thousands running around.
My biggest reason to drive electric is that it costs me less than $1 to drive 40 miles or the equivalent of one gallon of gas on a really efficient car.
Hope it helps.

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just paid $3.59 at Costco here in the Dallas areas, one of the many reasons I moved out of OC in 2017. ;)
yeah not good here, just paid $5.50 at Costco yesterday. Those prices I mentioned jumped another $0.20 since Sunday. Considering joining the e bike gang and figuring it out from there.

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel one change weā€™re gonna see is a lot of people drop Sasquatch and 2.7. Granted if youā€™re buying a bronco fuel economy probably isnā€™t high on your priority list but I think some people will drop those because of fuel prices already mixed with ridiculous wait times

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see myself cancelling unless I get raked over the coals by price increases and miss the '23 window for the price honoring. WFH makes the Bronco entirely a toy for me. Currently planning on keeping the Fiesta alongside it which costs less than $40 to fill up and will go 300+ miles off that tank.
Also just picked up a RAV4 Hybrid for the SO which gets even better MPGs so not overly concerned. I will say if this launch continues to be butchered I'd consider a PHEV 4Runner (when those come) for her daily so we get the slightly bigger car but keep the excellent efficiency.
I've seen varying reports on how much we get from Russia. 3-8%. I wonder how accurate that really is? And any bets prices will rise far more than 3-8% in response to this?
Would also love to know how much they actually need to be raised. Is it inflation? Or companies using articles to stir the pot so they can charge the consumer more while not paying all that more themselves. Rinse and repeat for most industries right now.
hey for all the electric car people how do you charge them anyway? seems like gas, coal, and nuclear power is what powers most homes right is that really better for the environment?
The power coming from a coal plant will still be more efficient than one petrol engine. The regulations are tighter and they are more efficient for energy plants. Additionally renewable energy is expanding at an astounding rate. This argument needs to die as it has been disproven over and over and over again.

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My home uses nuclear power, which is what I use to charge my electric car.
I am not overly concerned about the environment but am cautious about it. I try not to damage the trails in my Jeep and won't pour the used oil down the drain when I change it, but still drive my Jeep and use my boat.
I am not an expert on the governmental controls over nuclear plant emissions but I've worked solely in manufacturing during the last 16 years and have been part of the construction of several manufacturing plants throughout the world. For example, India strictly regulates any emissions from manufacturing sites. The water out of our plants is on average cleaner than what we get from the city/river.
I assume power plant emissions are regulated in a similar way unlike someone that, for example, removes the catalytic converter from his/her car. So probably easier to regulate a single source of energy instead of hundreds of thousands running around.
My biggest reason to drive electric is that it costs me less than $1 to drive 40 miles or the equivalent of one gallon of gas on a really efficient car.
Hope it helps.
thank you I always wondered the cost to run it. electric wouldnt work for me i use my f250 to carry a lot of stuff around. now if they made a electric car that had solar panels on top that could always keep it charged that would be great . future

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't see myself cancelling unless I get raked over the coals by price increases and miss the '23 window for the price honoring. WFH makes the Bronco entirely a toy for me. Currently planning on keeping the Fiesta alongside it which costs less than $40 to fill up and will go 300+ miles off that tank.
Also just picked up a RAV4 Hybrid for the SO which gets even better MPGs so not overly concerned. I will say if this launch continues to be butchered I'd consider a PHEV 4Runner (when those come) for her daily so we get the slightly bigger car but keep the excellent efficiency.

Would also love to know how much they actually need to be raised. Is it inflation? Or companies using articles to stir the pot so they can charge the consumer more while not paying all that more themselves. Rinse and repeat for most industries right now.

The power coming from a coal plant will still be more efficient than one petrol engine. The regulations are tighter and they are more efficient for energy plants. Additionally renewable energy is expanding at an astounding rate. This argument needs to die as it has been disproven over and over and over again.
ok but what about once more people get electric cars? i know some areas cant keep enugh power on the grid to keep from having rolling outages so what happens then. im not knocking electric i just think they have a lot further to go before id buy in to it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I strongly disagree. This is a niche market it doesn't compare to standard vehicles outside of the Jeep Wrangler which bronco will be carving out in it huge market share of the Wrangler. There's nothing else on the horizon in this category (Chevy is owned by China and they don't have a vision for this market). Also when it comes to the two-door that is even more of a niche market. Families aren't going to be buying the two-door. Two doors will be sold to people with more disposable income.
We'll have to disagree. It's not a niche market. Jeep sold 204,610 Wranglers in the USA in 2021. Ford can't dink around selling boutique numbers to 6g people and make Bronco a success.

Ford already "has at hello" the kind of guys who will wait around 2 years and pay ADM for a Bronco. There's only so many of those guys. Ford can string those guys along. Ford needs people like me along with the general public who are more cost influenced to buy and make Bronco viable.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok but what about once more people get electric cars? i know some areas cant keep enugh power on the grid to keep from having rolling outages so what happens then. im not knocking electric i just think they have a lot further to go before id buy in to it.
Ideally we see an invigoration of our grids with the latest announced infrastructure plan. There's no doubt EVs have a long way to come and we'll see more exciting products in the future filling various niche's. I'm sure their prices will also come down in due time as well. I don't think anyone is "wrong" for not wanting an EV at the current moment, hell I don't want one either.
Come 3-5 years or sooner though I think the proper leaps will be made making them more accessible and practical.

Reactions: Jdc

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX 2.7 non SAS coming in myself soon. If you donā€™t mind me asking are you a heavy foot/what was your average speed? I get about 23.3 mpg in my Edge sport with the 2.7 and just wondering how much less mpg Iā€™ll get (I was expecting some drop). I am not so much a heavy foot anymore but I do drive 75-80 mph on the highway here in Texas.
Yes, these are all the questions we wish we could have answered BEFORE we bought, Eh? So I'm for posting our real-life experience here to help future buyers. The 22.5 mpg is on state highways with a 60mph speed limit and a typical 66 mph speed . . . And a mix of 45, 55 and a little 70 mph. I drive often 90 miles from Charleston to Myrtle Beach, 45-65 mph. Thats the sweet spot for this car and yields 22.5 mpg on 87 octane gas.

I do have the rear locker, which changes the gear ratio from 3.73 to 4.27, so that probably costs me 1 mpg.

Regarding Interstate travel, 75-80 mph sustained trips, my mileage drops to 20 mpg, like Charleston to Jacksonville. IMO, above 75mph, the car is no longer comfortable to drive, wind noise, a little bouncy, not easy like my previous F150 or, if you're in the Texas State Car, the Suburban! (I lived in Midland 4 years). So the OBX is probably the best you can do in a Bronco for a Texas Road car.

That said, I've never driven a Sasquatch Bronco, I avoided it due to theoretical tire noise and suspension stiffness, but the only way to test that hypotheses is to drive both on the highway and measure! I do know that Sasquatch owners report MPG figures in the teens, so we're better off there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.