First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took my Bronco Black Diamond 2.3L offroading a few times since I purchased it 2 months ago. Last time I went really hard on the trail and bashed some plates. Mostly scratches, nothing dented or broke. One of the obstacles was a 28 degree climb on very loose gravel with narly rocks peppering the ascend. It did a big number on my General Grabbers, some areas have tread litterally ripped out.
I've since been noticing a very low hum/very faint grind at speeds over 10mph. No noise when idling or going very low speed. Noise doesn't significanltl increase when accelerated and is only audible when windows are completely rolled up. When windows are down the road noise completely drowns it out.
What could this be?
I'm thinking of replacing the tires and hoping the noise would go away but worried I might have damaged bearings/suspension parts...
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

my money is that it is the tires..... Do not know without hearing it.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s the tires, when you lose pieces of your tread, it opens up the lugs, which causes the tired act like a mud terrain, which are very noisy

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy cow! I’ve abused my Grabbers pretty good but that’s definitely a step up

Might consider taking a video of the noise and sharing it here for more help - I just did this very thing 🙂

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

thx 5GeNIDN, uploaded a picture, what do you think?
Yea those tires look a bit worse for wear.... I would suggest those would sing pretty loud. Probably the sound you are hearing. I have seen a worse but those are pretty bad.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might want to speak with the shop that supplied you the tires, for two reasons:
1 - they may be able to help you with the cause of the noise
2 - they may be able to help you with the price on a new set of tires. Those Grabbers are supposed to be a tough, hard wearing tire. I am positive that they have some sort of a warranty, and maybe, you can get them replaced, maybe...

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took my Bronco Black Diamond 2.3L offroading a few times since I purchased it 2 months ago. Last time I went really hard on the trail and bashed some plates. Mostly scratches, nothing dented or broke. One of the obstacles was a 28 degree climb on very loose gravel with narly rocks peppering the ascend. It did a big number on my General Grabbers, some areas have tread litterally ripped out.
I've since been noticing a very low hum/very faint grind at speeds over 10mph. No noise when idling or going very low speed. Noise doesn't significanltl increase when accelerated and is only audible when windows are completely rolled up. When windows are down the road noise completely drowns it out.
What could this be?
I'm thinking of replacing the tires and hoping the noise would go away but worried I might have damaged bearings/suspension parts...
yep tires i had chips and a specific speeds it would chatter back lol
Sponsored