Sponsored

I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All these claims of abhorrent quality issues but nobody posting any pics? I am not saying Ford quality is the best and without fault but if one is going to level accusations of wavy doors, ripped tops, dented bumpers and ugly panels gaps at least post a pic to back it up. Otherwise it is just trolling.
Sponsored

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone show me what “cheap interior plastic” looks like compared to the expensive stuff?

I’m not concerned about scratches; I throw cinder blocks and 2x4s in the back, so I expect scratches.

Does it sound different while driving? Easily crack? Fall apart?

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fear not... the craftsmen who assemble these just got a huge raise.
Lol!!
The >$100k F-150s also boast the same crappy alignments!

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Future bronco owners pretending like their trucks will be finalists in concours d'elegance. Meanwhile I am trying to figure out how to get an entire sandwich worth peanut butter off of my cloths seats.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Nov 21 build is excellent all around. It did have two very small soft dents on the hood at delivery. Dealer/PDR removed them easily. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with how it was put together.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Future bronco owners pretending like their trucks will be finalists in concours d'elegance. Meanwhile I am trying to figure out how to get an entire sandwich worth peanut butter off of my cloths seats.
BRB, gotta run out and hug my MGV.

I can't say there's anything too terrible about my dirt mountain 21. The rocker to door gaps are a bit tight and the hood sits low, but neither are bad enough to spend time on correction.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All these claims of abhorrent quality issues but nobody posting any pics? I am not saying Ford quality is the best and without fault but if one is going to level accusations of wavy doors, ripped tops, dented bumpers and ugly panels gaps at least post a pic to back it up. Otherwise it is just trolling.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...g-ford-to-cover-misaligned-body-panels.66991/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hood-fender-alignment.20648/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/door-rubbing-on-the-body.36014/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-diamond-front-bumper-crooked.66503/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/new-bronco-with-tailgate-rubbing-against-body-panel-😢.24266/

It’s possible to love your bronco and also keep your head above sand.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the links but you completely missed my point, I will try and explain it better (slower?). I never claimed there were not any quality issues and that Ford was above reproach, instead, I requested that if one was to make such wild claims (dented bumpers, ripped tops, doors requiring bondo, etc) then to post pics to back it up so we can verify instead of relying on the word of an internet stranger.

Or, to put it more simply, the post is useless without pics.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the links but you completely missed my point, I will try and explain it better (slower?). I never claimed there were not any quality issues and that Ford was above reproach, instead, I requested that if one was to make such wild claims (dented bumpers, ripped tops, doors requiring bondo, etc) then to post pics to back it up so we can verify instead of relying on the word of an internet stranger.

Or, to put it more simply, the post is useless without pics.
Sorry. I thought dozens of examples from the variety of bronco owners in those threads would be more helpful than my singular experience. But since you asked so nicely, here ya go.
Ford Bronco I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot. IMG_3186

IMG_3187.jpeg

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should all have a moment of silence for the UAW -- they have done so much for the American auto industry. Imagine if Toyota and Honda used Union labor, maybe they too could some day match the quality of Ford and GM.
I've now put 26,000 miles on my '22 2dr 2.7, in 13 months. Nothing has gone wrong with it. I also am collecting my union pension...
Badmouth the UAW all you want, sorry you couldn't belong to a union also. As far as Japanese manufacturing non-union workers, Honda in particular has gone way down in quality since the "Old Man( Honda Soichiro)" died. But at least the UAW got those non-union workers better pay!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry. I thought dozens of examples from the variety of bronco owners in those threads would be more helpful than my singular experience. But since you asked so nicely, here ya go.
Ford Bronco I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot. IMG_3187

Ford Bronco I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot. IMG_3187
Ahh, see now that's what I was after, pics to back up claim.

However, and I do enjoy a good Internet pissing match as much as anyone, but I think we can both agree that those pics are a bit disingenuous and those horrendous gaps are not from some poor factory build quality but rather from an unacceptable and sloppy body shop repair resulting from a car accident.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahh, see now that's what I was after, pics to back up claim.

However, and I do enjoy a good Internet pissing match as much as anyone, but I think we can both agree that those pics are a bit disingenuous and those horrendous gaps are not from some poor factory build quality but rather from an unacceptable and sloppy body shop repair resulting from a car accident.
Oh, so all of a sudden my pictures (which you all but demanded) aren’t useful or credible. Good thing I shared those links so you know it’s not just me dealing with these issues. Maybe they’ve all been in crashes too?

Yep. I was in a crash. And, in my case the first body shop was able to quasi-credibly claim that this is normal because there were enough inconsistencies across the other broncos on their lot. Since then, I’ve had it in at another shop, they’ve adjusted the gaps to get it a little closer to “even” on each side but the tech at that (Lincoln) shop told me candidly that he looked a three broncos at their ford dealership a few miles away, and they were all inconsistent. Not just the hood but the doors as well.

That seems believable to me, as every time I've stopped and looked at another bronco to compare, the gaps have been a little different. Mine is on the outside of the range that I’ve seen, but there certainly doesn’t seem to be a gold standard to compare against.

I’m actually not interested in pissing matches at all, but I had to say something when you were claiming that issues don’t exist because there aren’t enough photos shared in this thread. They’re literally all over this forum. I’m sure it’s a nice feeling to have an example that was built closer to what is reasonably expected. Enjoy your Bronco.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol!!
The >$100k F-150s also boast the same crappy alignments!
..I'm at the dealership walking around checking out most of the 150's..and unless it's a Shelby or some specialty build..I've never seen a 100k plus truck...Navigator,yes if they have all options..

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, so all of a sudden my pictures (which you all but demanded) aren’t useful or credible. Good thing I shared those links so you know it’s not just me dealing with these issues. Maybe they’ve all been in crashes too?

Yep. I was in a crash. And, in my case the first body shop was able to quasi-credibly claim that this is normal because there were enough inconsistencies across the other broncos on their lot. Since then, I’ve had it in at another shop, they’ve adjusted the gaps to get it a little closer to “even” on each side but the tech at that (Lincoln) shop told me candidly that he looked a three broncos at their ford dealership a few miles away, and they were all inconsistent. Not just the hood but the doors as well.

That seems believable to me, as every time I've stopped and looked at another bronco to compare, the gaps have been a little different. Mine is on the outside of the range that I’ve seen, but there certainly doesn’t seem to be a gold standard to compare against.

I’m actually not interested in pissing matches at all, but I had to say something when you were claiming that issues don’t exist because there aren’t enough photos shared in this thread. They’re literally all over this forum. I’m sure it’s a nice feeling to have an example that was built closer to what is reasonably expected. Enjoy your Bronco.
I am at a loss here. I am not sure if my point is being missed, completely ignored or it is just a lack of reading comprehension (or maybe it's some incessant need to be right and have the last word).

Please go back and re-read my posts. I asked for pics to back up some of the more outrageous claims so they can be verified and never once stated that quality issues don't exist.

And no, pics of a terrible body shop repair do not equate to poor build quality from the factory.

I'm sorry that I can't simplify and better articulate my position so that you may understand.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
... those pics are ... from an unacceptable and sloppy body shop repair resulting from a car accident.
Touche. How the heck did you deduce that!
Sponsored