Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All 20k ADM. The sales manager said they bought them from other dealerships across the country at a premium. I got to see some colors I hadn't seen in person before (I'd only seen Area 51 and Cactus Gray), to include the color I'm getting (race red) - beautiful color but seeing iconic silver (my original pick before my wife said it was boring) got me thinking again.
Sponsored

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So dealerships selling to dealerships at a premium, therefore the first dealership is flipping for a profit (greater than their dealer margin) to another dealer, and then the second dealer is marking it up further?

Cool.

So a third dealer can come and convince the second dealer to flip it to them for a markup, and then the third dealer will list it at a higher markup.

Isn't this a pyramid scheme?

Sponsored

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Woodstock? If so, I asked about ordering from them a few months ago. They replied they can't even order from Ford for MSRP. 🤡
Hahaha. So, if a franchise/licensed dealer cannot order from Ford at MSRP, who can?

Just because ordering banks are temporarily closed doesn't mean a dealer cannot order from Ford at MSRP.

Actually, now that I think about it, they aren't wrong. Dealers cannot order from Ford at MSRP.

Dealers order from Ford at Dealer Invoice.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Woodstock? If so, I asked about ordering from them a few months ago. They replied they can't even order from Ford for MSRP. 🤡
Correct - I hadn't been by in a while, but made a change and wanted a new summary and signatures on the purchase agreement. Last time I was there they had 1 Cactus Gray in the show room and an Area 51 outside under cover. They've been busy - the lot is full - mostly with used cars.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So dealerships selling to dealerships at a premium, therefore the first dealership is flipping for a profit (greater than their dealer margin) to another dealer, and then the second dealer is marking it up further?

Cool.

So a third dealer can come and convince the second dealer to flip it to them for a markup, and then the third dealer will list it at a higher markup.

Capitalism at work.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Cool.

no, this is not a pyramid scheme

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers order from Ford at Dealer Invoice.
At the end of the day, dealers don't even pay Invoice price. The "regular guy" will never know what a dealership pays. They learned their lesson back when Invoice Pricing first became common knowledge.

The invoice pricing that is publicly shared is akin to MSRP in the old days.

Sponsored

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool.

No, This is the greater fool theory.

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At the end of the day, dealers don't even pay Invoice price. The "regular guy" will never know what a dealership pays. They learned their lesson back when Invoice Pricing first became common knowledge.

Indeed. That's right.

So, yeah, I suppose they can't even order from Ford at MSRP... Since they order at or below "dealer invoice." :)

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Incorrect!!!!! They pay invoice less a 3% hold back. This 3% is to help cover having inventory on lots. Once the vehicle is built a dealer is charged the invoice amount and the interest charge begins. The longer the vehicle is on the lot the less they make because of this. That's why a dealer is happier about an invoice deal on an order than they are on a stock unit. The 3% might've been eaten up by financing charges on the vehicle by the time you buy it. On an order, they will get almost the entire 3%, as it was never on their lot costing them anything yet.

This stuff about how a dealer invoice from Ford to a dealer isn't what they pay is hooey. The 3% is paid to them quarterly and again if inventory sits the 3% isn't enough to cover the carrying costs, if things are like now quick turn they will retain more of that 3%.

Last edited:

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Indeed. That's right.

So, yeah, I suppose they can't even order from Ford at MSRP... Since they order at or below "dealer invoice." :)
I'll go one further. I'll bet most sales people have no real idea what their dealership pays. That info is likely only privy to the GM and the Owner. I'm sure the sales people are told what the owner want them to be told.
Sponsored