Sponsored

I’m disappointed in a few Broncos on lot.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
American built Toyota are kinda... sh*tty.

My 23 Sequoia TRD Pro was a rattling mess and the new gas Grand Highlander seems to be a QC nightmare. Personally, I tell folks to avoid the new American designed + built Toyotas.

Rivians are often poorly put together but surprisingly mine seems fine (had a tint shop owner look at it and he said Rivians are all over the place with gaps and misalignments)
I like my Bronco, the build quality is pretty good considering it is a spcialized vehicle with removal just about everything. I did have door and window alignment issues but these were quickly receified and I've had no issues on the road. I wouldn't trade it for anything -- despite my love for the UAW...
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
But if they were that bad, and it was my dealership, they would be re aligned. Sadly, nobody takes pride in their work or their product these days.
I think panel alignment is something dealers are supposed to check and adjust, but it's not an excuse for the factory to be sloppy. My 22 Bronco passenger door was misalgined and all four windows snagged on the weather stripping. The dealer aligned the door while I waited -- and I aligned the windows myself (because I didn't trust anyone esle to do it as it requires accurate measurements).

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a 2021 that has a quality build. The hood is not level with the passenger fender, as many from 21 are. Doesn't bother me. Our 2023 has excellent panel fit. It's flawless.
the hood rest have adjustable post that will level it with the fenders, I had to adjust mine from vibrating down

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the hood rest have adjustable post that will level it with the fenders, I had to adjust mine from vibrating down
Thank you, I'll do this!

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I purchased a 2023 Heritage that has no issues and was demo’d in the show room. Cannot find a flaw with it.

I used to have a first model Suburban Z71 that I got during the peak of COVID and the hood and fenders were not even aligned correctly. Just seems like they tossed it together.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I purchased a 2023 Heritage that has no issues and was demo’d in the show room. Cannot find a flaw with it.

I used to have a first model Suburban Z71 that I got during the peak of COVID and the hood and fenders were not even aligned correctly. Just seems like they tossed it together.
Maybe because it's nearly 90 years old? ;)

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think we should all have a moment of silence for the UAW -- they have done so much for the American auto industry. Imagine if Toyota and Honda used Union labor, maybe they too could some day match the quality of Ford and GM.
If you knew the way these factories are ran by management you wouldn’t be picking on the Uaw for shitty quality. The workers actually care but when they stop the line they risk write ups and or termination. If you have a gripe it’s with the Group/area leader who lets shitty quality out of their area to hit their production goals so they get their bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
lol, I mean first year of 12th gen Suburbans.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah it’s definitely a ford thing not a bronco thing there’s people out there with $100k powerstrokes that have trim falling off and panel alignment issues imo at that price point for a truck that damn thing should be absolutely perfect

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fear not... the craftsmen who assemble these just got a huge raise.
Good consistent gaps is more about design and manufacturing engineering than about assembly workers carelessness. One must build easy to obtain and great gap alignment into both the parts, process and tooling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford and dealer should be ashamed to display these on lot. I’m not one to really bash Ford except on interior plastics. I have a 22 and it’s assembled very well and love the thing. However I wouldn’t buy a 23 from what I saw today. Was at dealer getting oil done on wife’s sport. Walked over to look at 23’s soft tops. Much improved I must say. I’m looking at the Bronco and the Doors are so poorly aligned they actually are touching each other(4dr). I look at the Bronco in front of it from same standing position and the tailgate gaps are horrendous. I didn’t even look any further as sales person was trying hard to get me to upgrade my 7k mile 22 with nice gaps! I don’t buy its from transport. Otherwise everyone’s Broncos would become misaligned driving 1000’s of miles a year.
No pictures?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had significant body work done twice. Two separate “incidents” where I wasn’t at fault - front passenger collision and a passing car clipping my open drivers door while I was parked on the street. It’s been a frustrating first year of ownership. This has been exacerbated by the fact that my bronco has come back with body panel gap issues both times, and when I go to point out these problems using a bronco on the dealer’s lot, each one of them is totally different in terms of the body gaps. There is no consistency. I take my bronco to the Lincoln dealership for repairs. They also do repairs on a lot of high end import cars. The guy who did the work on my bronco last time, said “When we get new body and trim parts from Ford, we sometimes have to force them to fit. If I get a new front end clip for a Mercedes, I could put it on blindfolded because everything aligns perfectly.”

If there is a silver lining, these issues have been completely cosmetic. So, it’s more quickly got me to the point where I just sort of think. “screw it, this is an off roader. It doesn’t need to look perfect.” Maybe the bronco is like immersion therapy for my OCD. 😂

Wave if you see me. I’m the one in the shadow black base 2 door with the drivers side arrow crease looking like the San Andreas fault line.

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My MY22 Bronco came hilariously assembled. No door gap was the same. Doors were wavy and pushed in. My rear bumper (not the cover, the metal bumper) was pushed in from being rear-ended by another bronco while at ice mountain (I could see the bronco touching my bumper in pictures). My soft top seam was ripped. A window looked like a legit sasquatch tried to get into my bronco, and all of the 4 windows aligned differently with the weather stripping at the top - with varying gaps.

All brought to attention to the dealership, with the service manager saying, "what do you want? this is a mass produced vehicle not a hand build Ford GT"

So this is all acceptable apparently.

Ford offered to fix the wavy doors with bondo if I gave it to them for 6 weeks with no loaner vehicle.

I declined and sold it.

Not sure I'll buy my MY24 but the quality better damn sure be better than my 2022 or I won't make the same mistake again.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 23 fit and finish seems pretty good overall, no body issues. Most everything I see off the transport at my dealership is in good shape, a few broken windshields from transport but nothing body related really.

Only thing that I think is real crap is the cheap plastic interior trim they are using. Putting my system in some of the panels in the back and dash have been off and on a few times and rattle some, breathe wrong on the plastic seat trim and it'll scratch....but I know this is a concern on other posts on 6G as well. But then again this is a vehicle you take the top off of and yet people expect them to not make noise.

Last edited:

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious does any one have photos of these panel gap issues? I have an early 21 build and don’t really have these issues. The soft top is annoying,, but I have not been in a rush to replace it.
Sponsored