Sponsored

I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system)

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Headed back out from Houston to Big Bend Ranch State Park next week. I will be trying out “air up”/“air down” system that I built. It’s definitely a copy of what I have seen posted here.

Did the individual tire thing last time. It definitely required a lot of hands and knees in the dirt work.

Hope I’ll be moving up in the world this trip. It inflates/deflates one side of the vehicle at a time. I actually used the Trail Sights to support the gauge and vent valve. Badlands Orange!

Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) 2953F899-167D-400D-9CB0-543DD116DD18
Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) 0DC6A596-3D2C-4A9A-ACE6-26F12E01034E

After inflation/deflation, it takes a few minutes for the front and rear tire pressures to equalize. Might use bigger hoses next time.
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool. I built my self a 4 way!
Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) 20220606_123837

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool. I built my self a 4 way!
Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) 20220606_123837
Thank you. I’m just now starting to explore inflate / deflate systems and came across the three way manifolds. My first thought was what good does that do? I’ve got four tires. Duh. Now it makes sense.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use the system from Thor's Lightning. ARB under the hood with a coupler mounted to the modular bumper. Air manifold plugs in there and airs up all tires to the same pressure. 10psi > 36psi in ~10 minutes.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headed back out from Houston to Big Bend Ranch State Park next week. I will be trying out “air up”/“air down” system that I built. It’s definitely a copy of what I have seen posted here.

Did the individual tire thing last time. It definitely required a lot of hands and knees in the dirt work.

Hope I’ll be moving up in the world this trip. It inflates/deflates one side of the vehicle at a time. I actually used the Trail Sights to support the gauge and vent valve. Badlands Orange!

After inflation/deflation, it takes a few minutes for the front and rear tire pressures to equalize. Might use bigger hoses next time.
I really like that - do you have a parts list?

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like that - do you have a parts list?
Sorry, no listing. It was made with a few leftover fittings mounted to a piece of aluminum which hangs on the trail sights. The pressure gauge came from ebay/amazon as well as the valve stem clamps and isolation valves. Hose and various quick connects came from Walmart. The venting valve was leftover from a previous project. Air compressor is Viair

I would be willing to DM you detailed photos if your interested.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Sounds like a fun thing to put together. I have bought a few small portable compressor and they overheat too easy. I don’t care how long it takes or how long they last but want something small and inexpensive. Anyone seen any of those retail brands that perform well enough?

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally built my system - I'm really pleased with my manifold and chuck solution but I've bought three inexpensive compressors now and none of them are great. First one overheated with one tire so I returned it. Bought a cheap dual cylinder with an adjustable pressure shut-off switch and it works fine but is slow (about 14 minutes for all 4 tires from 15-30psi) - tried another (without a shutoff) and it was about 10 minutes. That's not bad, but I confirmed it's not a choke in my 1/4" tubing and fittings because I hooked it up to my garage compressor and it took only 2 minutes for all 4 tires from 15-30psi.

At $39 I can wait 15 minutes to let my tires fill up.

Now I need to find a good bag/box to contain it.

Here's my air system...

Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) IMG_5937D.JPG

Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) IMG_5938D.JPG

Ford Bronco I’m too old to be crawling around in the dirt (unless I have to install tire air up / down system) IMG_5939D.JPG

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs