Sponsored

best way to air up without on board air?

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased the new Milwaukee M18 portable inflator for work use about a month ago, sofar I’m very satisfied with it. I’m fully engaged in the Milwaukee M18 and M12 platforms, so this tool makes sense for me. I tested this inflator when I first received it, it took 2:20 to inflate a 285/70R17 on my Badlands from 15 psi to 35 psi. I made a video but never posted it anywhere, I’ll throw it on YouTube now.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...Cordless-Inflator-Tool-Only-2848-20/320022879
I am looking to get the same unit. How many tires can you will on one battery? What size battery are you using (they have lots of 18V versions).

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking to get the same unit. How many tires can you will on one battery? What size battery are you using (they have lots of 18V versions).
I would have to do a test to see how many tires it will do, but I use it commercially for the company fleet with a 9.0 ah battery. I’m surprised at how many 5-8 psi top offs I can do on 1 ton trucks and trailers without killing the battery, and those are running 70 psi. I would expect to do the Bronco from 15 to 35 psi at least twice on a single battery, maybe more.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just need a good way to air up without having on board air compressor. I am fine to travel with an individual compressor but i am looking for a complete package at a reasonable price for air. It will live in my garage for the most part but I would love something portable as well I can hook up to the battery when I go out. Any ideas?
I opted for the EZ Flate Case. https://amzn.to/3HEqmmi

Similar performance as the ARB Twin, but much less expensive (about half the price), and conveniently transportable between vehicles. Weighs in at just under 25# in the case with accessories.

Broncos with factory front and rear locking differentials use electric lockers, so there is no need for an onboard air compressor. Lots of gear heads who mod their rigs with air lockers must have onboard air, but factory Sasquatches have no such need.

The EZ FLATE CASE pairs with a very convenient Recoil hose system that makes airing down, up, and balancing all tires a cinch. https://amzn.to/48U6MyJ

As for mounting, toss it in the back or in a rooftop carrier with the rest of your recovery gear. If you have the V6, space under the hood is at a real premium, and the spot where most people put their ARB's is right over the exhaust manifold, so a pretty warm spot.

Here's a video review demonstrating the EZ FLATE CASE and Recoil Hose System.

Last edited:

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just pack my Smittybilt 2781 with a single hose. It's quick enough for me, and seems to be just as quick or faster than my buddy using his 2780 with 2 or 4 tires filling at the same time. Neither of us really complain about taking a 5-10 minute break to inflate tires between trails.
Sponsored