First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all! After 18 months I finally have my 4dr Sasquatch Black Diamond! Love it. I live in Western Colorado and plan to spend lots of time in the San Juans and around Moab. The bronco itself wasn't cheap, as you're well aware, so outfitting it needs to be on a budget(Unless I want my wife to finally have that reason to kill me LOL). I am looking for air compressor options that I can eventually mount. I have never done this before but seems mounting under the hood would be my preferred option. SO, the question: What is your recommendation for a compressor under $200($250 max max) that can be mounted in the engine bay. Yes, ARB single or dual would be ideal but not in the budget yet; eventually though. Mounting does not have to be included in that $200 but needs to have hardware available as I piece this together. Yes, under $200 limits my options and will be a little slower to top off tires, but that's what I have to work with. Rats, I have might have to spend a few extra minutes at the trailhead airing up! I plan to run around 20ish PSI for general trail riding and comfort and airing back up to at least 35psi before hitting the road and then can top off later. So far my front runner is a Smittybilt but I don't know if it can be mounted in the front of the bronco. Tell me what you think! Thanks!
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all! After 18 months I finally have my 4dr Sasquatch Black Diamond! Love it. I live in Western Colorado and plan to spend lots of time in the San Juans and around Moab. The bronco itself wasn't cheap, as you're well aware, so outfitting it needs to be on a budget(Unless I want my wife to finally have that reason to kill me LOL). I am looking for air compressor options that I can eventually mount. I have never done this before but seems mounting under the hood would be my preferred option. SO, the question: What is your recommendation for a compressor under $200($250 max max) that can be mounted in the engine bay. Yes, ARB single or dual would be ideal but not in the budget yet; eventually though. Mounting does not have to be included in that $200 but needs to have hardware available as I piece this together. Yes, under $200 limits my options and will be a little slower to top off tires, but that's what I have to work with. Rats, I have might have to spend a few extra minutes at the trailhead airing up! I plan to run around 20ish PSI for general trail riding and comfort and airing back up to at least 35psi before hitting the road and then can top off later. So far my front runner is a Smittybilt but I don't know if it can be mounted in the front of the bronco. Tell me what you think! Thanks!

I know its a little over the budget but might be worth considering, @Northridge4x4 has a single arb kit with engine mount for 563.48. With it being about 114 bucks more, it might be worth it to go that route (if you are able to splurge).

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...age-deals/ckma12bk1-arb-single-compressor-kit

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got mine from Tricky Dick and I love it, but it's setup as a portable compressor not a direct mount (though I did see someone custom mount one in the Bronco at some point). It's a good base for adding accessories to over time (budget friendly). I just used the single hose as I don't have a multi hose setup yet and it brings my tires from 20 psi back up to 35 in seconds.

I didn't go with ARB as much as I initially wanted on-board air, as I couldn't justify 600$ on something I use a few times a year vs, weekly/monthly... so for me it's perfect. Also kind of nice that I could put it in my husband's car for a road trip for emergency inflation too, etc.

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got the one from tricky dick as well but still waiting on my Braptor so it just sits in my shed.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah for that budget, you can easily get a portable air compressor...go that route for now.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is just a bit over your budget, but airs up 4 Sasquatch tires in under 7 minutes and is easy to carry between vehicles. The EZ FLATE CASE. I highly recommend the matching Recoil Hose System for ease of use and convenience. See this post for a complete video review. Half the price of an ARB Twin, but just as fast. Also, if you have the V6, space under the hood is at a real premium. If you don't have air lockers (Sasquatches have electric lockers) there's no real need for an onboard full time air compressor or the expense.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/best-way-to-air-up-without-on-board-air.37885/post-2148516

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Club member has an under hood arb setup…I have a TD …both have 4 tire setups …I. Go from 20 to 35 psi 5 minutes faster…not science but he was pissed…

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Portable kits cannot be mounted in the engine bay. So you need to decide

A) Do you buy a portable kit and keep it as a portable kit
B) Do you just invest now for an on-board kit

Check out our site. The ViAIR are VERY popular portable kits. I've had mine over 18 years now, although I use an ARB these days my ViAIR served me well

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/air-compressors/

We also have the MORRFlate TenSix in stock as well which is designed to be used with their multi-tire kit. So unless you plan to ALSO buy their multi tire kit, it might not be for you.

But again, the ViAIRS are rock solid portable ones that won't break the bank.

Here are some options

ARB High Output Portable Air Compressor - $412
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-high-output-portable-air-compressor/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938355488

This CAN be re-purposed later. Unbolt it from the portable box and mount it to our KR Off-Road engine bay compressor mount later.

VIAIR 400P-Automatic Portable Compressor (12V) - $299.95
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/viair-400p-automatic-portable-compressor-12v/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938387790

We have a cheaper version of the 400P as well that is only $239.95 - The difference is there is no pressure switch. So the compressor will stay on constantly WHICH MEANS you have to make sure that your air chuck is releasing air constantly (zip tie it open). This cheaper model is designed to air up a tire and then turn OFF the compressor when you move to the next tire (or zip tie the chuck open). The automatic version has a pressure switch system built in so it'll do that for you

VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor (12V) - $239.95
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/viair-400p-portable-compressor-12v/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938461504

If you have bigger tires, the 450P is the next model up over the 400P

VIAIR 450P-Automatic Portable Compressor (Silver) - $349.95
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/viair-450p-automatic-portable-compressor-silver/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938489790

We no longer sell UDA, because of a patent issue with ARB and their Twin that we're waiting for them to resolve. BUT we have this in stock, which is VERY VERY fast

UDA EGOI Portable Air Compressor System (5.6CFM) - $199.95
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/uda-egoi-portable-air-compressor-system-5-6cfm/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938528321

And then as I said if you also plan to get the MORRFlate multi-tire inflation hose, you can get their compressor. Their compressor can have a PSI programmed in on the digital display and it'll turn itself off when the tires reach that PSI.

MORRFlate TenSix™ PSI Pro™ 12v Portable Compressor - $325
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-tensix-psi-pro-12v-portable-compressor/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938581383

But the MORRFlate compressor requires their multi-tire hose kit:

MORRFlate Quad (4 Tires, Up to 125″ Wheelbase)
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-quad-4-tires-up-to-125-wheelbase-1/
Ford Bronco Best value on board air options 1707938610108
Sponsored

Last edited: