Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was scrubbing the video but wasn't sure if he said the tires on the rigs are exactly the same size?
Yeah I did the same. I know the 2nd truck (not his) had 38" tires. But Im not sure what size HIS tires were. If he has 33" tires for example that's a big difference.
In the comments he confirmed both rigs have the exact same tires.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 12.55.15 PM
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MORRFlate TenSix: 1 minute, 40 seconds
ARB Twin: 1 minute, 40 seconds
How was your ARB set up, is the hose coupler mounted directly to the compressor itself?

I'm wondering if these other tests online are comparing the MORRFlate with an integrated ARB system that's using smaller diameter hoses/fittings. That would explain at least some of the variation in inflate time.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How was your ARB set up, is the hose coupler mounted directly to the compressor itself?

I'm wondering if these other tests online are comparing the MORRFlate with an integrated ARB system that's using smaller diameter hoses/fittings. That would explain at least some of the variation in inflate time.
We have the ARB hose going right to the compressor. Then i'm using a tire inflator (not an ARB one, some one I got on amazon years ago).

I also did the same thing with the MORRFlate.

Originally I connected my tire inflator directly to the MORRFlate Hose and got the same time frame then I said "well maybe we should use the ARB hose for both, to keep the hose diameter the same" but got the same results.

Tomorrow we'll try doing all 4 at once with each setup.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the AAL tailgate mount, the ARB single works perfectly with their harness and an AUX switch. I used the AUX to power the compressor switch on the harness, which is mounted next to the air chuck, so it doesn't power on if it gets bumped by cargo.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount AAL ARB air comp mount inside

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount AAL ARB air comp mount

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have the ARB hose going right to the compressor. Then i'm using a tire inflator (not an ARB one, some one I got on amazon years ago).

I also did the same thing with the MORRFlate.

Originally I connected my tire inflator directly to the MORRFlate Hose and got the same time frame then I said "well maybe we should use the ARB hose for both, to keep the hose diameter the same" but got the same results.

Tomorrow we'll try doing all 4 at once with each setup.
Yep, the hose/fitting diameter has got to be making a difference. The test you ran is probably the most accurate when comparing raw output of both systems. It seems like most of the ARB integrated air systems use smaller diameter tubing and couplers (in comparison with the coupler mounted directly to the compressor, see comparison below), which probably significantly restrict airflow.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.15.25 PM

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, the hose/fitting diameter has got to be making a difference. The test you ran is probably the most accurate when comparing raw output of both systems. It seems like most of the ARB integrated air systems use smaller diameter tubing and couplers (in comparison with the coupler mounted directly to the compressor, see comparison below), which probably significantly restrict airflow.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.15.25 PM
Well those would not matter since I'm using an ARB hose for both tests. One connected directly to the screw in coupler and the other connected to MORRFlates built-in hose coupler, which uses the same style connector (universal for air devices)

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well those would not matter since I'm using an ARB hose for both tests. One connected directly to the screw in coupler and the other connected to MORRFlates built-in hose coupler, which uses the same style connector (universal for air devices)
Right, that’s why your test results were the same between both products, which is probably accurate. What I’m saying is tests like the one in that video I linked earlier probably wasn’t the fairest comparison since the ARB onboard system used utilize smaller diameter fittings.
Sponsored