LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change of plans. Actually gonna sell the ARB. Not because I don't want it. Because some life circumstances...
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used the @DV8offroad mounting solution for my ARB twin - very happy with the results. Also added a 2 gallon storage tank with custom mounts and remote air chuck - essentially a no cut/no splice installation with the exception of 3 holes drilled and 1 vampire connector for the relay.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JK9DzkcMWQaB368UA

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted for the EZ Flate Case. https://amzn.to/3HEqmmi

Similar performance as the ARB Twin, but much less expensive, and conveniently transportable between vehicles. Weighs in at just under 25# in the case with accessories.

Pairs with very convenient hose set that makes airing down, up, and balancing all tires a cinch. https://amzn.to/48U6MyJ

As for mounting, toss it in the back or in a rooftop carrier with the rest of your recovery gear.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got some nice weather here in MN. Decided to finally install the ARB with the Barnes bracket. Their instructions aren't the greatest, but I figured it out. Watched some various Youtube videos to figure out the wiring. I wanted to use one of the Aux switches, so Chase Gentry's video was the most helpful in that sense.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1533

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1534

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1535

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1536

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1537

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1538

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount IMG_1539

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No that is a portable compressor and it's not designed for on-board installations. We stock the TenSix compressor as well FYI
Old post but I just reached out to Morrflate about the TenSix since I already have their quad and love it. They mentioned it can be hard wired under the hood with proper ventilation. I picture a mount similar to yours in my head but with vertical surface to mount the compressor looking like it's laying on it's back and the numbers facing the passenger side. If I go this route I might get the Barnes mount and try to weld something custom up.

Sponsored

Lonecamper

Wildtrak
First Name
Fremi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got some nice weather here in MN. Decided to finally install the ARB with the Barnes bracket. Their instructions aren't the greatest, but I figured it out. Watched some various Youtube videos to figure out the wiring. I wanted to use one of the Aux switches, so Chase Gentry's video was the most helpful in that sense.

IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg
Looks awesome! I'm considering this option, but that bracket is sold out. How is the quality of the bracket? Was it easy to install? I'm also looking at the injen and the kr offroad but those are more expensive, and like you I don't want to spend $200+ on a mount.

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy KR bracket and ARB twin compressor user here. I’d not put one of these in the cab if you have passengers or dogs that want to stay in the vehicle while using it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks awesome! I'm considering this option, but that bracket is sold out. How is the quality of the bracket? Was it easy to install? I'm also looking at the injen and the kr offroad but those are more expensive, and like you I don't want to spend $200+ on a mount.
I'd actually recommend our KR Off-Road bracket. We have a patent pending design on it and were the first to market with our kit. It's made out of stainless steel and powder coated black (right here on Long Island, NY).

Ours is the easiest to install and our instructions are great. Everything you need is in our kit and when you use coupon code BRONCO6G you save 10% on the ENTIRE KIT (w/compressor)

Ours costs what it costs because of the material we use. STAINLESS STEEL is expensive. BUT we don't like to use regular steel that will rust over time. The engine bay is not waterproof and water gets in there. Not only that but if you're in the northeast or anywhere it snows, you'll get salt in there and other crap from the road. That'll just eat away at regular metal. That's why KR Off-Road products are made out of stainless steel (or aluminum for our smaller items). AND we have al ifetime warranty.

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Photo Jan 23, 1 30 53 PM

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount GOR10387_M2_1500x1500
Untitled by Michael Halat, on Flickr

Now that I got this I think I am going to try to use Grimm's mount and modify it to suit my needs:

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount GOR10387_M2_1500x1500
DO NOT do that. That air compressor is NOT DESIGNED to go under the hood. It's a portable air compressor and should NEVER be installed under the hood.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DO NOT do that. That air compressor is NOT DESIGNED to go under the hood. It's a portable air compressor and should NEVER be installed under the hood.
I contacted Morrflate directly and they said that it can be perm mounted under the hood in any orientation except upside down. The only suggestion they had was to put the power source on a 120 AMP breaker, and I would probably run something similar to a battery isolator to control the power to the unit so it's not hot all the time. I guess I could use the breaker to cut the power source too but I've heard those breakers aren't meant to be used like a switch (cycle wise).

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there general consensus on what is the optimal compressor mount? I have a 2 door 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch and plan to install an ARB dual on-board compressor. I know that there are numerous options including engine bay, inside spare tire carrier, and under/in the trunk. I am sure that each has its pros and cons but maybe those of you with real world experience could give some guidance. Thanks!
I'm going for the compressor that mounts inside the rear swing gate on the inside of the truck space.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I contacted Morrflate directly and they said that it can be perm mounted under the hood in any orientation except upside down. The only suggestion they had was to put the power source on a 120 AMP breaker, and I would probably run something similar to a battery isolator to control the power to the unit so it's not hot all the time. I guess I could use the breaker to cut the power source too but I've heard those breakers aren't meant to be used like a switch (cycle wise).
I would question that in fact, i'm going to reach out to my rep over there. They should not be telling you to do that. Those are NOT on board air compressors, they are portable air compressors and shouldn't be mounted in the engine bay.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very straight forward install. Just take your time. I’d pre-assemble everything first (main bracket, leg brace, compressor) if I did it again. There were a couple blind bolts that were tricky.

Then the wiring part again just need patience and think your routing through ahead of time. I wired into the Aux switch which imo makes it easier than having an extra switch under hood which you need to run power to and ARBs instructions are shit for that.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would question that in fact, i'm going to reach out to my rep over there. They should not be telling you to do that. Those are NOT on board air compressors, they are portable air compressors and shouldn't be mounted in the engine bay.
I'd definitely be curious to what they say, they even called me to tell me it shipped (which was kinda awesome, don't see that much anymore) and I mentioned to them I had their quad already and loved it for my Tacoma. I told them I am going to try to perm mount it in the engine bay of the Bronco and he said he would love to see pictures if I can make it work. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored