First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reviving an older thread, but thought I'd share in case it helps someone out. I'm going the Milwaukee M18 compressor route as I already have a stable of Milwaukee tools. Acme Tools has a flash sale today (10/18/21), $50 off $299+ with code RED50, free shipping over $199.

Best legit deal I have found, hope it's helpful to someone else.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-tools
Super late reply to your post...

I am researching options as well and this unit looks nice. How many tires can you fill up on a single battery, how long does it take, which PSI from/to, etc? Thanks!
Sponsored

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Late to the party but I figure this would be the best thread to let you all know that we are here to answer any questions about our Power Tank CO2 systems.

2 things to consider regarding CO2 tanks:

1. The tanks are supposed to be re-certified every 5 years. If it doesn't meet the specs, you're buying another tank.

2. ALWAYS Secure them properly. Had a friend that was taking one to get refilled (wasn't completely empty) in his daily-driver, and it rolled loose inside the truck and dumped CO2 into the cabin. He was barely able to pulled over to the side of the road, with the windows open, before he blacked out because it happened that fast.
Yes, all gas cylinders in the USA need to be re-hydrotested and for CO2 it is every 5 years. Generally the cost is $35-50 at your local fire extinguisher service shop. All Power Tank CO2 bottles are made and tested in the USA and we guarantee the bottle to pass recertification as part of our limited lifetime warranty.

Power tank folks. Where/how are you storing the bottle when on the road?
We have our four door Bronco mount already on the market and we are finishing up our two door mount now.
Four Door 10 lb Power Tank Package
6G Bronco Thread - WIP 2 Door Mount

Thank you to all of you with Power Tank experience jumping in to answer questions before I got here.

You'll never hear us talk bad about the ARB twin because we think it's a great product that fits certain people's requirements better than a Power Tank. We have actually worked directly with ARB in the past to supply their racers with a higher pressure air system for competition lockers.

The advantages of Power Tank summed up:
Speed - A Power Tank can air up a 37" tire from 10 psi to 30 psi in under 30 seconds
Power - No other air system, including other CO2 systems, can match our 400 psi and 48 cfm flow rates for airing up tires, reseating tires, and running air tools
Portability - Pull your Power Tank out and walk it down the trail to help a stuck rig or take it out and use it around the house to run nail guns, clean gutters, or blow out sprinkler lines.
Reliability - No moving parts and no electronics to fail or leave you stranded