Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco HE, 21 Bronco Sport BL
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Great info. Thank you!

I really am not seeing too many owners do remote locations for the coupler. I love the idea of NOT having to pop the hood for air up and down.

I assume wiring was simple, just hooking it up to one of the Aux Switches?
Yes. Purple wire coming out of compressor switch loom connector tied to Aux switch.
If you're using pressure control, you can also tie the PCM red wire to the same Aux switch.

I ran PCM red to a single WeatherPack connector near the compressor connectors. Then I used extra PCM red wire to run from the WeatherPack along with purple wire in 1/4" conduit to the Aux switch. I joined the PCM red and switch purple with the Aux wire (using another WeatherPack connector). PCM red is similar gauge to to AUX switch wire, and switch purple is smaller gauge - that's why I ran both PCM red and switch purple all the way to the AUX switch before connecting all three.

PCM black runs to ground at the top of DLCM bracket.
Compressor switch black doesn't need to connect to anything...compressor already grounded through the power loom. It's only needed if you're using ARB switch.

For the power loom, I bought high-quality battery lugs and crimped them with a small hydraulic crimper. You want solid connections there with the high current. I also connected to Ford's recommended battery terminal locations. You need good quality nuts for B+ and B-, and a bolt for B- connection. See below
Ford Bronco ARB Twin Air Compressor and Pressure Control Kit Install 1702412092460
Sponsored