First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there general consensus on what is the optimal compressor mount? I have a 2 door 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch and plan to install an ARB dual on-board compressor. I know that there are numerous options including engine bay, inside spare tire carrier, and under/in the trunk. I am sure that each has its pros and cons but maybe those of you with real world experience could give some guidance. Thanks!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The engine bay will get pretty dirty if you wheel in dusty conditions. That's what I have using the KR Off-Road bracket. It does generally work fine though, but you can tell it does absorb quite a lot of heat from the engine. Personally I'm fine with it out of sight like that.

There is one solution that mounts behind the spare tire, that looks cool, but keep in mind you'd be running quite a long and thick wire from the engine bay to the swing gate. Another solution just released is from American Adventure lab which hides an ARB single INSIDE the swing gate. Now that's cool.

I can't speak for the performance of the other solutions, just that I'm happy with mine. I loathe running wiring so it's been ideal for me.

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like under the hood personally. It's wasted space otherwise and you won't put anything else there.

You can utilize space in the vehicle for other things so might as well take advantage of that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer engine bay.

Reason why is because compressors require a LOT of power to run, so if you stick it in the spare carrier or in the rear cargo area you are going to have to run a beefy high-gauge cable all the way back. I also avoided the rear cargo area for noise reasons... if I'm airing up the tires after being out on the trail, I don't necessarily want to blast my family sitting in the Bronco with a noisy compressor.

---

My mount of choice is by Grimm Offroad (link), but there are lots of options.

KR Offroad has a solid mount—pretty sure they were also the first mount to hit market a few years ago. KR Offroad is affiliated with @4x4TruckLEDs.com, which is a Bronco6G sponsor. Therefore they may have a discount code available for forum members (and if not, it seems like that mount goes on sale frequently).

And ARB also has their own official mount that they offer through Ford Performance and Ford Performance dealers (my favorite being @LethalPerformance).

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there general consensus on what is the optimal compressor mount? I have a 2 door 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch and plan to install an ARB dual on-board compressor. I know that there are numerous options including engine bay, inside spare tire carrier, and under/in the trunk. I am sure that each has its pros and cons but maybe those of you with real world experience could give some guidance. Thanks!
Our patent pending KR Off-Road Mount is the easiest mount to use. We were the first to come out with an air compressor mount for the Broncos and put it under the engine bay. This leaves it out of the way and when you are airing back up, you don't bother passengers inside. We actually make our mount from stainless steel (everybody else uses cheaper steel) and powder coat it black. So it'll last the life of your truck. It's also made right here on Long Island (New York) so in the good ole USA!

It uses factory bolt points so you don't have to relocate anything and as I said, it installs easily. It'll support an ARB Single or Twin Compressor.

ARB Air Compressors are built to withstand a lot of abuse. They were designed in Australia where ARB is from, and those guys KNOW wheeling better then anybody, especially with their terrain. So these things work great in the engine bay. We also keep the air compressor at the very top so it doesn't get as hot as say the Jeep JK mounts (which mount them near the manifold which gets VERY hot, but still works).

We offer a complete kit and if you use coupon code BRONCO6G you'll save 10% on the entire kit.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Photo Jan 23, 1 30 33 PM

Ford Bronco Best on-board air compressor mount Photo Jan 23, 1 31 04 PM

Check out the installation video here. Pretty easy to install. Justin used a different switch panel since he didn't realize we make a switch panel (and he doesn't have upfitters). But if you have the upfitters you don't need to worry about the switch. And if you don't have upfitters, we make a VERY easy to install switch kit (plugs right into the air compressor):

Last edited:

Northridge4x4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Left Brain

Left Brain

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the responses. I guess it's nice to have options.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

+1 for Grimm

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another vote for the Grimm compressor mount.

Another vote for Grimm—super high quality. I suspect it will hold up better long term than some of the other engine bay options.
Also, thumbs up to Northridge. I’ve bought a number of things from them and their CS is great.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the Barnes bracket for ARB twin under hood. Was like $80. No way I’m spending $250+ for a piece of bent and painted sheet metal.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good you found the right choice for your needs. Just giving a thumbs up for the Grimm as it is a really good design, really quality materials, sits vertical and sits low. Puts the intakes on the top, custom harness for the ARB switch and relocates the PCM to minimize space.

Like @Function_7 said, Northridge4x4 has been great and got most everything in just a couple days.

TKBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
American Adventure Lab's tailgate mount is super interesting to me, hoping to pull the trigger on it soon. Only houses a single as opposed to dual but that just adds a bit of time.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/ford-bronco-tailgate-compressor-mount-bundle/
I was interested in that too, and the 50% duty cycle should give enough time to air up my 4 tires, however it’s likely that I may be helping my fellow wheelers, so 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off isn’t going to work for me 😟
Sponsored