Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little bit newbie question, maybe. Is any compressor option that could be used with clips on a battery and being installed onboard? I like ARB compressors but I can't figure out if I could buy a compressor and use it as is with battery clips, and after a while install it onboard.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little bit newbie question, maybe. Is any compressor option that could be used with clips on a battery and being installed onboard? I like ARB compressors but I can't figure out if I could buy a compressor and use it as is with battery clips, and after a while install it onboard.
There are plenty of clip on compressors, but these are usually down market. Doesn't make them bad. I like VIAIR at this level if you'll only do occasional off road airing down and back up. There are many tiers of compressors, so I'm talking $100-$150 range for something decent. Sure, you can go into the upper $200 range, but why? At that point, get the ARB.

Anyway, when mounting you'll need to consider power and space. Running a dual battery and inverter set up is nice, but expensive. If you'll wheel often, it's a luxury investment that may be worth it. However, for light duty or occasional off roading, the higher end options are not a necessity.

When you have 37"-40" tires and air down to 12psi or lower on bead locked wheels, sure.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are plenty of clip on compressors, but these are usually down market. Doesn't make them bad. I like VIAIR at this level if you'll only do occasional off road airing down and back up. There are many tiers of compressors, so I'm talking $100-$150 range for something decent. Sure, you can go into the upper $200 range, but why? At that point, get the ARB.

Anyway, when mounting you'll need to consider power and space. Running a dual battery and inverter set up is nice, but expensive. If you'll wheel often, it's a luxury investment that may be worth it. However, for light duty or occasional off roading, the higher end options are not a necessity.

When you have 37"-40" tires and air down to 12psi or lower on bead locked wheels, sure.

I want to save space in the car for different stuff. So I like the idea of having a compressor under a hood. But looks like there are no plates so far.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to save space in the car for different stuff. So I like the idea of having a compressor under a hood. But looks like there are no plates so far.
You're right, I haven't seen any under hood solutions either , hope aftermarket steps in if there's room. Like you, would rather not mount in cargo area, but may have too. Looking at a single compressor from ARB as of now.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right, I haven't seen any under hood solutions either , hope aftermarket steps in if there's room. Like you, would rather not mount in cargo area, but may have too. Looking at a single compressor from ARB as of now.
Yeah, basically it's exactly what I am asking about. I wanted to buy it and mount it after, but I am not sure if it's easy to switch clips with direct wiring or not.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, basically it's exactly what I am asking about. I wanted to buy it and mount it after, but I am not sure if it's easy to switch clips with direct wiring or not.
Yes its easy to install/hard mount layer down the road. You cut the clips off, run correct gauge wiring, fuse it and figure out how to mount it. Aftermarket will come out with a plate so no need to worry.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you absolutely can do that. Simple matter of cutting off the clips and connecting to the power source.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive never considered having on board air compressor but toying with the idea of having one and tying it in to the accessory switch. Where do people typically mount these? In the engine bay? Under the car some year? Real estate in the back?
Thoughts?
I opted for the EZ Flate Case. https://amzn.to/3HEqmmi

Similar performance as the ARB Twin, but much less expensive, and conveniently transportable between vehicles. Weighs in at just under 25# in the case with accessories.

Pairs with very convenient hose set that makes airing down, up, and balancing all tires a cinch. https://amzn.to/48U6MyJ

As for mounting, toss it in the back or in a rooftop carrier with the rest of your recovery gear.

Here is a video review of the EZ FLATE C.A.S.E and Recoil Hose System:

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive never considered having on board air compressor but toying with the idea of having one and tying it in to the accessory switch. Where do people typically mount these? In the engine bay? Under the car some year? Real estate in the back?
Thoughts?
We actually have a patent pending design on our onboard air mounting platform. We were the first ones to come to market wtih an onboard air mounting system for the new Broncos.

Made here on Long Island (NY) out of stainless steel + powder coated black. It bolts right onto the 2.3L and 2.7L trucks. It's also the easiest onboard air system to install using factory mounting points. Installs it about an hour with basic hand tools. No cutting or drilling required. Keeps all of your factory components in the same location as well.

Use coupon code BRONCO6G and you'll save 10% on the entire kit w/compressor.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-air-compressor-engine-bay-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco On board air question Photo Jan 23, 1 31 04 PM
Sponsored