First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added RCI Rock rails and really like the fit and finish. The company impressed me. They shipped the wrong hardware. I called them and Evan shipped the correct hardware by priority mail the same day. I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend them.
Ford Bronco I added RCI rock rails. IMG_0516.JPG
Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good! I just got my set in from RCI. Still looking for time for install….

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still waiting on mine for over 8 weeks now.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that the standard 20 degree slider? Have mine on order, hoping to get it soon. When I ordered it, website showed 2 weeks but after a day or two, was updated to 8 weeks.

Looks great, how was the install, any issues?

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the standard 20 degree slider? Have mine on order, hoping to get it soon. When I ordered it, website showed 2 weeks but after a day or two, was updated to 8 weeks.

Looks great, how was the install, any issues?
The sliders are angled up. I am pretty sure that it is 20 degrees. Install was easy. If you do it by yourself, like I did, block it up. I used an upside down recycling bin with a few 2x4s. The only part that was not clear was the brake lines and wiring harness on the drivers side had to be detached from the frame. I left the brake lines loose. The plastic retainers had to be pulled out from the frame so the rock rails could snug up to the frame. I was thinking about drilling new holes for the lines with a 90 degree drill. I was going to call RCI for a recommendation on this. My sliders took about 9 weeks.

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the flat - more step like RCI Rock Rails and really like them!
I have used them twice to jack my Bronco up to change wheels. Super sturdy with zero give or movement when doing so. They very robust and usable.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Ford Bronco, '19 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the 20 degree on my prior 4Runner and really liked them

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sliders are angled up. I am pretty sure that it is 20 degrees. Install was easy. If you do it by yourself, like I did, block it up. I used an upside down recycling bin with a few 2x4s. The only part that was not clear was the brake lines and wiring harness on the drivers side had to be detached from the frame. I left the brake lines loose. The plastic retainers had to be pulled out from the frame so the rock rails could snug up to the frame. I was thinking about drilling new holes for the lines with a 90 degree drill. I was going to call RCI for a recommendation on this. My sliders took about 9 weeks.
Any chance you could take some more photos? Maybe one with your foot on top? I’m trying to decide between 20 and 5 since I can do local pickup.

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you could take some more photos? Maybe one with your foot on top? I’m trying to decide between 20 and 5 since I can do local pickup.
Hi. Sorry for the delay. I have been very busy at work. I hope these help. There is enough room to make a decent step without a running board look. My wife likes and uses them.
Ford Bronco I added RCI rock rails. IMG_0520.JPG
Ford Bronco I added RCI rock rails. IMG_0519.JPG

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I have been very busy at work. I hope these help. There is enough room to make a decent step without a running board look. My wife likes and uses them.
those are the 20 degree, correct? Also, does the back end where it kind of whale tails out provide even a bit more of a step? Thanks for uploading those.

Sponsored

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the same sliders. Have used them on Toyota vehicles as well. I have abused their stuff in the past and it held up well. The install was kind of a pain in the ass. I had to remove all bolts but one on the end and use a jack on the opposite end to lower the tank 4-6" to get access, then reverse on the opposite end. Would have been better had I done some research and known I needed to drop the tank. As it was, I had just refilled the night before, so I had a completely full tank. I would not have been able to do that safely without the gas tank skid. They look good and I have no doubt they will hold up to some rocks. I got the flat angled ones to keep rocks off the sides.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks good! I just got my set in from RCI. Still looking for time for install….

If you keep the gas tank on empty and go in knowing you need to have a jack handy to drop the tank, it can be done fairly fast. I think the driver side only took an hour and a half, and it would have been quicker if I had remembered to remove the wiring harness before I got the slider on jack stands and all lined up. I think you can do it in 3 hours if you are prepared. I wasn't.

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those are the 20 degree, correct? Also, does the back end where it kind of whale tails out provide even a bit more of a step? Thanks for uploading those.
Yes 20 degree and yes more room for step in back. You're welcome.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still waiting on mine for over 8 weeks now.
I was over 12 weeks when they finally came in. Definitely longer than expected, but worth the wait IMO.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you keep the gas tank on empty and go in knowing you need to have a jack handy to drop the tank, it can be done fairly fast. I think the driver side only took an hour and a half, and it would have been quicker if I had remembered to remove the wiring harness before I got the slider on jack stands and all lined up. I think you can do it in 3 hours if you are prepared. I wasn't.
I've got the fuel tank skid to install too. It will be a full day laying under the Bronco in my garage. Might just suck it up on this task and pay somebody with a lift to do the install.
Sponsored