First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to catch heat for this but I wonder if some folks at Ford are having a bit of fun at our expense. OP post about how quickly they got a Bronco and then the Ford account quickly chimes in with a congrats post. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be honest with you, I am very excited about getting mine quickly, but I do feel bad for you guys. I had a reservation too, but mine was a later reservation. It's a long story but my local dealer screwed it up, so I cancelled, and kind of gave up hope getting a Bronco. I decided a few months later to try again with a different dealer about 100 miles away. They are a much bigger volume dealer, and it turns out, that was a great decision on my part.
As someone who never liked the early reservation scheme, I'm possibly in the minority, happy you got a Bronco soon after ordering, particularly a 2-door Bronco.

The only thing I'd ask is, please take it off-road sometime. Have a real use for the 4-low and high clearance. Even better, put a small dent in the skid plate. You'll have a story to tell about some adventure.

Because more than anything else, what rubs me the wrong way, is how the Bronco scene has become a situation of big spenders, getting Broncos for driving on pavement to the grocery store or whatever. Normally I wouldn't care much about that, except since Broncos are in short supply, they are bogarting Broncos for their grocery store trips.

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to catch heat for this but I wonder if some folks at Ford are having a bit of fun at our expense. OP post about how quickly they got a Bronco and then the Ford account quickly chimes in with a congrats post. Just my opinion.
HELL YES!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what he meant by "suck the life out of everyone else" - comments like this. Poking at each other with pitchforks.

OP got a Bronco, it should be a celebratory event. Now stop bickering in the comments, ty. I think it's cute that Ford is here in the comments, trying to make someone smile. Everyone else should try the same.
Yet you're here to bicker in the comments.

And this is what I mean when I complain about people jumping into a conversation without reading the entire thread or a minimum comprehend the posts that led to the comment. You don't get to cherry pick my comment when you clearly haven't read what was said up to this point.

I was speaking directly to the poster that decided to comment negatively towards thousands of members on this site. Not the OP. I stated that more than once the OP being slotted a Bronco before thousands of others has everything to do with the idiots at Ford and not her. She won the Ford lottery....congrats!

If you wanna call someone out for sucking the life out of everyone else, start with the guy that picked the fight on the first page of the thread.

Lastly, what I think would be "cute" from Ford would be to comment on the 44 blown 2.7 engines on this site. That would be cute.

Good day!

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually the concept Bronco was revealed in 2004 in the pages of the car mags etc. I kept that issue of Car & Driver for a while!
12-ford-bronco-concept-1525878109.jpg
BonnyJn (4 of 4).jpg
Bronco concept. The official bronco is coming back was announced in 2017

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco concept. The official bronco is coming back was announced in 2020
Morning Adam. Yes, Bronco concept! Then 16 years of rumors, spy shots, what if articles, more rumors etc...Actually, if memory serves, seems like around 2017 or so, it was pretty much a done deal, although "unofficial"!

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Morning Adam. Yes, Bronco concept! Then 16 years of rumors, spy shots, what if articles, more rumors etc...Actually, if memory serves, seems like around 2017 or so, it was pretty much a done deal, although "unofficial"!
My bad I fixed it. 2017 was the official “We’re bringing back Bronco” announcement. If you haven’t listened to the bringing back bronco the untold story podcast you should 8 episodes. Really good stuff.

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is bullshit, and no congrats on getting your bronco this way, no feel good bs from me. Why post that you did this, no positive to come out of this but salt in the wounds, especially when others with orders from this dealership haven't gotten theirs. So messed up that ford did this.
Sponsored