A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I live in an area that has a big national historic park that's about 3,500 acres.
The road I live on connects to said park.
We have a metric crapload of deer (big ones too, not the smaller deer like the south), and many have been displaced because of overdevelopment in the area.
As per the usual, was driving home about 20 minutes ago and see a bunch of deer being rowdy and running all over the place.
I slowed to about 5 mph and let them figure out whatever the hell they were doing then *THUD* on my passenger side rear quarter.
Then, I see the deer run by my car and cross in front of me.

I let out a very loud F-bomb (as one would) and waited for the rest of the deer to get the F out of my way so I could survey the damage.

I thought for sure my fender flare(s) were gonna be toast, along with my rear quarter.
Upon first inspection when I could pull over (to my surprise), everything looked fine ( I only had my phone light).
I thought for sure the OBX painted flare would be ripped off or at least paint be cracked/spiderwebbed/etc.
And I really thought there would be a big dent in the quarter panel.
If anyone has had a deer run into their car/truck, you know the damage it can cause.

I'm pretty sure everything is fine, but won't be able to check until the morning,
but VERY impressed that there's not a huge dent where the dumb deer decided to tackle my Bronco.

I guess deer hate mall crawlers, too.

-Tl;dr: deer ran into my OBX and luckily no damage (I think). Deer hate mall crawlers.

Will update when I can see it in the sun and make sure there's actually no damage.

Ford Bronco I got lucky tonight... handson
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco I got lucky tonight... 1672893665918

Congrats on getting lucky. (y)

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I live in an area that has a big national historic park that's about 3,500 acres.
We have a metric crapload of deer (big ones too, not the smaller deer like the south), and many have been displaced because of overdevelopment in the area.
As per the usual, was driving home about 20 minutes ago and see a bunch of deer being rowdy and running all over the place.
I slowed to about 5 mph and let them figure out whatever the hell they were doing then *THUD* on my passenger side rear quarter.

I let out a very loud F-bomb (as one would) and waited for the rest of the deer to get the F out of my way so I could survey the damage.

I thought for sure my fender flare(s) were gonna be toast, along with my rear quarter.
Upon first inspection when I could pull over (to my surprise), everything looked fine ( I only had my phone light).
I thought for sure the OBX painted flare would be ripped off or at least paint be cracked/spiderwebbed/etc.
If anyone has had a deer run into their car/truck, you know the damage it can cause.

I'm pretty sure everything is fine, but won't be able to check until the morning,
but VERY impressed that there's not a huge dent where the dumb deer decided to tackle my Bronco.

-Tl;dr: deer ran into my OBX and luckily no damage (I think). Deer hate mall crawlers.

Will update when I can see it in the sun and make sure there's actually no damage.

I once had a private audience with (ahem!) The Great Guru--himself! After I was ushered into the inner sanctum, and took a seat in the lotus position, he smiled at me benignly, and asked, "What do you want to know, my child?"
I was in such awe--I didn't know what to ask. I stumbled around, finally said, "What do I need to know to get through the travails of life?"
The Great Guru smiled benevolently, leaned forward, and softly said, "Sh*t happens."

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats on getting lucky. (y)
Thanks. This is my +/- 14th run in with a deer. Most of my others have not been so lucky.

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I once had a private audience with (ahem!) The Great Guru--himself! After I was ushered into the inner sanctum, and took a seat in the lotus position, he smiled at me benignly, and asked, "What do you want to know, my child?"
I was in such awe--I didn't know what to ask. I stumbled around, finally said, "What do I need to know to get through the travails of life?"
The Great Guru smiled benevolently, leaned forward, and softly said, "Sh*t happens."
Cool man.
You didn't have to click, read, or reply.
Just was a bit shaken that a deer hit my new (expensive) Bronco and I'm surprised there's not damage considering a mild slight mist seems to F up lots of them, according to this forum.
But do you.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Welp that sucks. Did the dear leave his license and insurance?

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Umichigan1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You got lucky? Hey! This is a family forum, ya know?! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more....

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deer?!?

Now moose on the other hand…they make worse decisions than anybody but the Ford brain trust…

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deer?!?

Now moose on the other hand…they make worse decisions on the road with cars than anybody but the Ford brain trust…
Oh, I know. My sister lives in Maine. Hit one a couple years back. Hurts me to see the photos of her car even though she walked away with zero injuries.

Sponsored
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette HTC, 2022 Bronco 4dr, 2019 BMW X7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was lucky to hit a buck on my motorcycle and not fall down. He was instantly dead. Even though the bike was still rideable it did $5,500 worth of damage. Hopefully I've hit my quota and my Bronco is safe.
We had a guy in our Riding group - His Indian name was “Hunts with a Motorcycle” for exactly the same reason as you.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on your thread’s title, I expected to be reading about a dear, not a deer.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update now that you can ascertain any damage more clearly in the daylight?

The rear steel quarter-panel may have helped alleviate any potential damage vs. if the deer tried to tackle a fender.
Sponsored