Sponsored

I got pulled over in my Bronco. (Spoiler, he just wanted to look at it up close.)

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It can be a bit much, sometimes. But I try to be friendly, generally speaking. I know if I were still waiting on mine, which seems to be what's happening with a lot of people that stop me to ask questions, I might very well want to ask about one I saw too.
I agree and getting pulled over crosses that line for sure.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It can be a bit much, sometimes. But I try to be friendly, generally speaking. I know if I were still waiting on mine, which seems to be what's happening with a lot of people that stop me to ask questions, I might very well want to ask about one I saw too.
Years ago on my first interaction with a Defender 90 owner off-road, the guy was kind of a dick. Which was a bummer because I was excited to talk about his D90.

I try to remember that experience, and be nice when people are inundating me with questions about my own 1972 Series III LR. One lady followed me, honking horn and waving, I pulled over thinking something was the matter. But she was just wanting to buy it from me right then and there, lol.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess my perspective is a little different. I was an early adopter of the Gen 1 Raptor. I started with a 2010 Molten Orange SCab and still own a 2014 Terrain SCrew. That first truck created countless interactions in spite of my coworkers saying I have a DFWM face.

I learned to just accept that people were really excited about what Ford had done and wanted to actually see one first hand.

Even now the Gen 1 Raptor will get thumbs ups and nice ride comments all these years later. Not as many because they've been around for a while, but they still come in.

I fully expect the BD Bronco to start the process all over for me and while I don't enjoy interaction with people I don't know, I realize they aren't trying to be rude or hold me up and just want to express their interest in a vehicle not frequently seen yet.

It's just part of owning an exciting rarely seen product. I'd equate it to bringing a BMG to the range. You know you'll be surrounded by onlookers after the first trigger pull.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure they have to ask for that if they stop you. I think it's compulsory if they make the stop. They don't have to run it, just a visual check at minimum, I believe.
(NOT POLITICS) As a Dallas attorney, I can tell you that it's unconstitutional to make you produce those papers unless there's a reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime. They can ask, you can refuse (or voluntarily waive your 4th amendment rights), and then it's whether or not there is the R.A.S. of a crime to determine whether forcing you to produce it is a violation of the 4th Amendment [Terry v. Ohio].

Edit: Sorry to bring up such an old post. Saw your recent "duck" post, and wanted to see what you drive in case I see your Bronco around town. Then couldn't help myself...
Sponsored