Sponsored

I got pulled over in my Bronco. (Spoiler, he just wanted to look at it up close.)

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I see that as paying it forward. One day you may get pulled over by the same cop for something you actually did and he may let you off because you were nice to him in your first encounter.

Karma - it’s a real thing!
Na.
this isn’t an ok practice.
Karma or no karma.
Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fuck all of this nonsense. I’d be irate.
got to be kidding me. Get the fuck outta here with that shit;
Keep those lights off and holler at me at the coffee shop dude.
NO I’m fine with it u shroud expect it with such a rare vehicle at this point. I would do the same thing but I haven’t seen any other broncos for me to stop and talk to unfortunately. I appreciate the cops and their jobs! I don't like getting tickets but really all of them I have received have been my fault lol

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't approve of stops like this. Technically, it's a detention, detainment, what have you. Without probable cause, or reasonable suspicion with crime afoot, it is a violation of your civil liberties.

And before anybody gets their feathers ruffled by my opinion, I was a police officer for 21 years, did a shit ton of proactive crime fighting, much of it through traffic stops. My last 4 years I supervised a team that did the same, targeting gang members and high crime areas.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Although he didn't mean anything negative by it, that is slightly annoying. It's even stranger that he took your papers/licence, even though he was just pulling you over to check out your vehicle??
Because if he did just pull him over for a look he broke policy... Had to have a reason to do it (cover lol) So I hope OP was speeding and got a warning because he had a cool ride.

*edit* If he had no reason I'd have asked for his info and notified his agency. Abuse of power is not cool. Accountability for our actions and all.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
R.A.N.M.J.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because if he did just pull him over for a look he broke policy... Had to have a reason to do it (cover lol) So I hope OP was speeding and got a warning because he had a cool ride.
Nope, not speeding. :)

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a dick! To even ask you for license and registration when he isn't pulling you over for an offense! Gross abuse of his power turning those lights on just to talk. I'd have been asking for his badge number after realizing he wasn't pulling me over for a mistake I made. After gloating about my new Bronco of course ;)

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't approve of stops like this. Technically, it's a detention, detainment, what have you. Without probable cause, or reasonable suspicion with crime afoot, it is a violation of your civil liberties.

And before anybody gets their feathers ruffled by my opinion, I was a police officer for 21 years, did a shit ton of proactive crime fighting, much of it through traffic stops. My last 4 years I supervised a team that did the same, targeting gang members and high crime areas.
I appreciate your perspective. I work with a lot of cops and understand that they are just people too, so there are obviously good ones and bad ones. And unfortunately, the bad ones give the rest a reputation. If I were in this situation I would have been PISSED! As a minority, I can't help but get nervous when a cop pulls me over. To be put in that situation because of an abuse of power when I've done nothing wrong is fucked up. Talk to me in a parking lot, approach me like a human being and not a suspect that you can throw your power at just for kicks.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's basically it. Cop pulled me over yesterday, asked if I were in a hurry to go anywhere after he took my license, LTC and registration. Spent a few minutes asking questions about the vehicle. Engine, performance, etc. I tried not be to annoyed, it was a younger guy and he was obviously excited to see one in person, but it still kind of annoyed me. If he had followed me half a block further he would have seen me pull into Dugg's for lunch and could have talked to me there.

Told me to have a nice day and thanked me for my time.

66061065800__28FAF3D4-9A98-4ED5-A7B0-148B8B09EB0D (1).jpg

66086728556__1D97445A-8D1C-4D6C-A294-96440831DBCE.jpg

Coincidentally enough, I had another police officer compliment it on the same stretch of road two days before. He was riding passenger and saw I had my window down and he rolled down his window and said "Nice ride!" and gave me a thumbs up as his partner was passing me.

At this point, I've been stopped about eight times in parking lots by people asking questions. I had a guy walk up to me at the gun range and start asking question because he saw me get out of it on my way in.

Lots of waves from Jeepers and lots of waves from random people. Quite a few thumbs up, especially when I'm just sitting stopped at places.

The most frequent comments I get are, "I love this color!" and "Wow! The two door is way bigger than I thought it would be!" Well, along with, "This doesn't look like the Broncos I've seen! What is this?"

All in all, it gets a lot of attention. I just hope I don't get pulled over again. 🤣
I do like that red. You have me rethinking if I should stay with my oxford white!

Sponsored
OP
OP
R.A.N.M.J.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like that red. You have me rethinking if I should stay with my oxford white!
Man, this red is pure joy! It does grab a lot of attention, but at least I'm not riding around in some depressing shade of gray. :D

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through a border control checkpoint last week and all they wanted to talk about was the Bronco 😂

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I call it “Bronco Time”. You must allow time to talk to people and let them take pictures. :)
Ford Bronco I got pulled over in my Bronco.  (Spoiler, he just wanted to look at it up close.) 95C1D04E-46BB-427E-9D4C-E2ECD979A9F4

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My first human (other than the wife) interaction after picking up the Bronco, was a Colorado State Trooper. The good news is that we were both at the same island pumping gas. He wants to get an Outer Banks and was pawing over the FE, including inside (with my invitation).

OP
OP
R.A.N.M.J.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I call it “Bronco Time”. You must allow time to talk to people and let them take pictures. :)
95C1D04E-46BB-427E-9D4C-E2ECD979A9F4.jpeg
It can be a bit much, sometimes. But I try to be friendly, generally speaking. I know if I were still waiting on mine, which seems to be what's happening with a lot of people that stop me to ask questions, I might very well want to ask about one I saw too.
Sponsored