Sponsored

I have a 2022 Bronco MIC hard top, want to add an Ford soft top, can it be done?

OP
OP

nippyjones

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just get my Bestop soft top in last week. I will be replacing my soft top this week. Direct message me if you are interested in purchasing mine. Perfect condition. No issues.
Why are you making the change?
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look and really do not care or need it to go all the way back. Also, I live in the Mountains and it can get extremely windy (40-100 miles/hour). The sides are more reinforced with Bestop.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another forum member is doing this and bought some parts from us. I'll see if I can find the order....
One thing I don't know is if prep package vehicles (post 9/1/2021) built with hard tops have the small soft top brackets on the top of the tubes or brackets behind the trim panels.
I have a soft top that was built in 10/21 and it has a hard top prep kit installed already

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just did the hardtop to soft top swap last weekend. I'm keeping both (have a winch to store the hardtop up on the ceiling). Mine is a Dec '21 build and it did not come with any of the hardware needed to swap over the the soft top.

I purchased the soft top from another member on the forum (they switched to a bestop) and they provided me with

1) brackets/bolts on the rollbar to latch 1/2 way on the top
2) brackets/bolts at the rear door to latch the frame
3) exterior side panels directly behind rear door to attach the soft top side window

Then I had to purchase myself
1) the rear plastic panels that have a slot cut out to allow for soft top frame (one was on national backorder so I just cut a slot on one side and used the original)
2) brackets behind the panel that mount to body of car to accept the 3 bolts that attach the soft top frame.

The whole process wasn't too awful, but to a previous poster's point, you need more than just the soft top to make it all work! I believe now I can leave all hardware in place and swap between the soft top and hardtop with relative ease.....

Sponsored

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any reason why you didn't go with the Bestop?
I guess 2 reasons...first I have watched the install video on the bestop and it looks harder to convert back to a hardtop....second only the ford one folds down all the way - combined with the IAG "helper" shock it makes it pretty easy to bring all the way up and down. Down side is the saggy windows and all those plastic clips are a PITA to attach every time! Hopefully someone aftermarket will come up with a full foldable top at some point!

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered both the soft top and hard top. Still waiting on it.
Sponsored