Sponsored

4 door bronco-can you have row 1,2 hard top installed with rear top off?

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is anyone aware Of whether you can have the first and second row hard tops Installed on a four-door bronco with the rear top removed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And if aware and can include some pics from different angles that would be nice. Thanks.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not advisable at any kind of speed. The tops are all interlocked with the rear section being the one that holds it all down at the back.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is anyone aware Of whether you can have the first and second row hard tops Installed on a four-door bronco with the rear top removed?
Ford ran a few broncos off road at low speed on trails out west this way in early videos; however as stated above the rear clam shell holds them down. This is not recommended at any real speed since the rear panels have turn and lock to the rear clam shell top. I would imagine at medium or high speed the rear passenger panels would lift due to air pressure and would come off the bronco.

You would probably want to run a factory soft top with the windows down and rear soft top panels removed around the cargo area thus giving you a safari top (solid top over passengers and cargo area).

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My initial reaction was “NO”. But I had to check. There are three latches on the rear of the center panel. One in the center that interfaces directly with the rear cap, and one on the back of each side of the center panel. I haven’t take the rear cap off, but it looks like the side latches interface with a bracket coming off the sport bar. If the bracket were left on I would say it’s physically doable. Whether or not it’s structurally strong enough to support itself and any forces from wind at speed I have no idea

F0066149-63C0-4B48-B00E-1718495BD7B9.jpeg

B1806B67-590B-46DA-89AB-EA027BCE9DA2.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thanks for both responses. I’ve since seen a b6g video and stills for a 2 door with just front roof on. Maybe the picture shown below lacks necessary attachments towards the middle of the two front panels as well?

jtk37. Are the brackets on sport bar area in first pic the black painted L-shapes extending inward and rearward in vehicle from the side upper rail, car fwd of the airbag logo, where the sport bar you mention is the structure covered by the plastic trim along the top where curtain airbag is attached ?

Do you have an opinion whether a simple fabricated crossmember could be attached to something on the right and left upper members, maybe even where that bracket in the first picture above is shown that would further enable attachment of the rear of the middle panel, if rear most mic panel of a 4 door was off for low speed use?

Had also seen pic of just center panel removed from 4 door online. Can’t find now. Not sure if was just showing Center panel can be removed separately or whether Front panels of a 2 or 4 door will not remain secure without panel(s) behind them. Maybe for low-speed use a simple crossmember could be added attaching to something that exists on the vehicle already, if attachments are necessary at rear of front panels, towards the center of the vehicle ?
Ford Bronco 4 door bronco-can you have row 1,2 hard top installed with rear top off? 7EEE974E-163A-43BC-A421-CB9555E22DD1

Last edited:

richtor1seven

Wildtrak
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Wildtrak 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was inspired to find out so I went ahead and peeled everything off and reinstalled just the mid and front sections. I don’t advise anyone else to do this but I don’t plan on running it any other way in decent weather. I triple checked all the securing mechanisms to make sure they were tight and added a strap that goes around the frame and through the rear center rotating latch on the mid section. It’s secure enough that I am comfortable at freeway speeds with or without the windows down.

466022F9-521A-46D5-A683-60DD2EBE3D78.jpeg

F8E34FB4-AB48-4CB3-AB79-84A8709390F0.jpeg
Sponsored