Sponsored

Rendom Question --Can you fit a 4 door Hard Top inside a 4 Door bronco with the Top on ? ? ? ?

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am flying in to picked up my new Wildtrak And drive it home about 550 miles. There is a local guy near the dealership, selling his new hardtop for a good deal.

So I was thinking about purchasing the extra hard top and bringing it home with my new wildtrak and having it painted.
ahhh I see, be weary about painting these tops, I havenā€™t seen anyone talk highly of results. I wanted my be to be all black but Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that if I really want that I just need to order and Advanced fiberglass top.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's obvious you have to explain everything strictly by the numbers with this one.

Every other sentence, stop and ask "are you still with me?" Or something to that effect.

You get what I'm saying?
You forgot the first rule of B6G: Always omit critical information in your first post, then wait until page 2 to throw it in there...

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am flying in to picked up my new Wildtrak And drive it home about 550 miles. There is a local guy near the dealership, selling his new hardtop for a good deal.

So I was thinking about purchasing the extra hard top and bringing it home with my new wildtrak and having it painted.
Have the guy you're buying the top from deliver it to one of his local paint/body shops for the paint work. Drive your new WT home, remove the top, drive back to the paint/body shop 550 miles away, install the newly painted top. 1,100 miles round trip should cost less than $200 in gasoline.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol. How could it possibly fit.?
Flip it upside down and strap it to the roof

Alphaconn

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Itā€™s tight. Might fit! Measure twice! Post an ignorant comment nonce!

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m half thinking it would fit inside.

The roof is a lot sturdier than most give credit for.

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate to rain on anyoneā€™s parade here, but the answer to OPā€™s question is 100% no.

Would the two modular front pieces fit? Yes. And if you fold the rear seats down you can also jam the larger center piece in there, too, at an angle.

But the issue is the rear clamshell. It sits over the frame of the Bronco. The dimensions of the clamshell are wider than the cargo area, which is already occupied by the modular pieces. So unless OPā€™s Bronco is also a TARDIS, the laws of physics dictate this is impossible.

I suppose OP could ratchet strap the glass shut, flip the clamshell over and mount it on the roof. But thatā€™s seriously risky. Best bet would be to rent a small trailer. Home Depot rents a 5x8 for $50/day.

Just know that the rear glass on the clamshell will want to stay open. This is by design. So it should be secured during transit.

Last edited:

Alphaconn

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to rain on anyoneā€™s parade here, but the answer to OPā€™s question is 100% no.

Would the two modular front pieces fit? Yes. And if you fold the rear seats down you can also jam the larger center piece in there, too, at an angle.

But the issue is the rear clamshell. It sits over the frame of the Bronco. The dimensions of the clamshell are wider than the cargo area, which is already occupied by the modular pieces. So unless OPā€™s Bronco is also a TARDIS, the laws of physics dictate this is impossible.

I suppose OP could ratchet strap the glass shut, flip the clamshell over and mount it on the roof. But thatā€™s seriously risky. Best bet would be to rent a small trailer. Home Depot rents a 5x8 for $50/day.

Just know that the rear glass on the clamshell will want to stay open. This is by design. So it should be secured during transit.
Turn it 90 degrees. Itā€™s wider than it is long. I mean, maybe itā€™s tight, but pictures above give a bit more than an inch clearance.

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course it will fit. Use one of these and stack the pieces.
Problem solved, you're welcome.

Ford Bronco Rendom Question --Can you fit a 4 door Hard Top inside a 4 Door bronco with the Top on ? ? ? ? 1683839608608

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course it will fit. Use one of these and stack the pieces.
Problem solved, you're welcome.

Ford Bronco Rendom Question --Can you fit a 4 door Hard Top inside a 4 Door bronco with the Top on ? ? ? ? 1683839608608
I disagree! For the MIC top, youā€™d be better off using this type of bladeā€¦

Ford Bronco Rendom Question --Can you fit a 4 door Hard Top inside a 4 Door bronco with the Top on ? ? ? ? IMG_0749

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

See if the dealership can work shipping one into the sale or of they can get you a cheap freight cost.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm adding this 'Rendom Question' here because I've never seen addressed. I've searched the Owners Manual and this Forum exhaustively and have yet to find out what this does.

Why does the AC controls have 3 levels of 'Auto' - what difference does it make, I can't tell. It's not the Fan control and doesn't appear to affect the temperature.
Ford Bronco Rendom Question --Can you fit a 4 door Hard Top inside a 4 Door bronco with the Top on ? ? ? ? 1685538792780

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rent a u-haul trailer one way. Hopefully you bought the tow package.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turn it 90 degrees. Itā€™s wider than it is long. I mean, maybe itā€™s tight, but pictures above give a bit more than an inch clearance.

This!

You could also remove the original top for extra clearance to get the second top in there. Then reinstall the original top.

If you get it in there, take some pictures.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m half thinking it would fit inside.

The roof is a lot sturdier than most give credit for.
You're right about sturdier than most think, I've seen guys standing on their top, I thought I wouldn't do that, but I've seen it done.

But in actuality, now that I think about it, I'd stand on a Bronco's hardtop top, standing over the roll bar before I'd stand on a metal roof of a SUV; the Bronco's are more ridged than sheet metal's flex.
Sponsored