Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just can’t bring myself into trading in my 2021 Sasquatch’d Base (4 door, anti mater blue, soft top, 2.7 auto) for a 2023 Sasquatch’d Badlands hardtop 2.7 auto.
I paid right around 36K in October of 2021. True car and Vroom say they will give me 39K for it. My salesman has a 2023 Badlands 2.7 hardtop 4 door for 62K. But looking at the window sticker I don’t see where I’m gaining much (if anything) as far as comfort / conveniences. I would like the hardtop for sure but geez the deal / value of my 21 Base is just too much to give up. I feel like I’d be over paying to upgrade.
Thoughts?
SAS base is the best no BS off-roader, did the off-roadeo 2 weeks ago & they had black diamonds doing all the obstacles the badlands & wildtraks did...the BL electric sway disconnect is the only thing that makes it stand out, but they have manual disconnects in the aftermarket now, so the 30k difference really doesn't justify.
Sponsored

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SAS base is the best no BS off-roader, did the off-roadeo 2 weeks ago & they had black diamonds doing all the obstacles the badlands & wildtraks did...the BL electric sway disconnect is the only thing that makes it stand out, but they have manual disconnects in the aftermarket now, so the 30k difference really doesn't justify.
I just can’t bring myself into trading in my 2021 Sasquatch’d Base (4 door, anti mater blue, soft top, 2.7 auto) for a 2023 Sasquatch’d Badlands hardtop 2.7 auto.
I paid right around 36K in October of 2021. True car and Vroom say they will give me 39K for it. My salesman has a 2023 Badlands 2.7 hardtop 4 door for 62K. But looking at the window sticker I don’t see where I’m gaining much (if anything) as far as comfort / conveniences. I would like the hardtop for sure but geez the deal / value of my 21 Base is just too much to give up. I feel like I’d be over paying to upgrade.
Thoughts?

I'm a 2022 CG Badlands owner w high package. Sounds like you got a really good deal right out of the gate. I probably wouldn't pay 30 grand to get up to where I'm at from base, but that being said... If you've got the money, the Badlands is an absolute machine. I guess it depends what you use it for. I'm out on the trails all the time, and I wanted something reliable that had all the features like front and rear disconnect, upgraded suspension, SBD under warranty rather than going through third parties and all the headache that can come from that. Also really wanted the MGV since I'm down South and I keep the top off pretty much all the time. Love the look, stance, lights, bumper... It's like Ford crawled into my brain and knew exactly what I wanted right from the dealership. I love literally everything about it. So, yeah people have different use cases and preferences.

Whatever you're driving, if you've got a Bronco, you're having fun. Ford really did us a solid by coming up with such a cool concept and getting it off the line still cool...

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a base Wildtrack and really wanted a Lux badlands, but like you, can’t bring myself to spend another 10 to 15k with price increases. Best to wait for refresh or next gen to get a better value in the upgrade.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn! 2DR, base, AMB, cloth interior and manual trans. That is IMO the best combo built.
Almost the best. THIS is the best...

Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base IMG_7497

Eruption Green 2-door Base Manual WITH Sasquatch. 😘

OP, if the Badlands has the high or LUX package, giving you the 360 camera, that might be nice. I would have bought a Badlands with High Package if I could have afforded it, but I was on a sub-40k budget and you can't beat the BaseSquatch for the best sub-40k rig out there.

AND it's a discontinued color. 😁

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO. Keep it. It’ll be that one that will be on a future most wanted list. My wife wanted that color badly. It’s still very rare to see any Bronco’s in our area. I believe, we that have these 6Gens are driving the new classics of the future.

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep it and order a Maverick for the difference when they get caught up on them and you can order again 😏
This is what I did. Got a 2021 squatch base 4 door 2.7 for 41k and a 2023 hybrid maverick for 21k. 62k for the two hottest vehicles in years!!

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
His basesquatch would have lockers. The sb disco is a cool feature, but basically a gimmick...add manual disconnect...done. he also has cloth interior which has been dropped. Literally 1st year basesquatch was a unicorn. Badlands isn't going anywhere. I think he's got a collectible 6g!
If it's a "gimmick", then why add a manual one?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what I did. Got a 2021 squatch base 4 door 2.7 for 41k and a 2023 hybrid maverick for 21k. 62k for the two hottest vehicles in years!!
I reserved 2020 and they both arrived same month and one month after my new Maverick! I absolutely love the Maverick, still can't believe how awesome it is. But every time my son sees the two door or four door Bronco he makes a growling sound. Love the 2 door squatch. If you do want to sell your AMB post it here first.