Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you didn’t want to pay the 12-15k extra 2 years ago for the higher trim, why would you want to pay twice that now when it’s significantly more?
My wife’s 2 door Sasquatch’d Base came in this past December and I told the salesman
I was thinking about getting a Badlands next. This week he let me know he had this Badlands available.
I agree with the majority here though and will keep my Base.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Base has both front and rear lockers. The disconnect is the feature I would like to have but would RARELY use.
Craftsman makes a disconnect that's much cheaper.

Show me a feature that you can't add cheaper or add with more capability.

Back in 2021, when we knew less about the platform, sure... That would be a legit reason, but today... you can retrofit just about any feature you want for less money and often with more capability.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gott Damm Gorgeous!!!

I know exactly how you feel.
I bought this as my test Bronco... I didn't know how a 2dr would work for me, though I love the classic looks...
Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base 1685846667373

Now looks like this...
Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base 1685846858389

Now I have this fixing to show up any day, currently at Granger ....

(come to think of it, you'd think them fuckers would have sent me at least one real pic of it by now...they got my money already!)
Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base unnamed (4)

So yeah, not sure if/how to afford both, and that 2dr AMB is hard to come by and so so sweet looking.

Biggest things are, the 4dr works far better for the family AND the longer wheelbase will work MUCH better for towing the Ol' Man's Ranger Boat.
If it doesn't work out, I'll need a truck at that point.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Craftsman makes a disconnect that's much cheaper.

Show me a feature that you can't add cheaper or add with more capability.

Back in 2021, when we knew less about the platform, sure... That would be a legit reason, but today... you can retrofit just about any feature you want for less money and often with more capability.
Right, capability-wise, all the "optioned" features are computer controlled, so the disco reconnects and the lockers unlock whenever the computer decides to do so.

Sponsored

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just can’t bring myself into trading in my 2021 Sasquatch’d Base (4 door, anti mater blue, soft top, 2.7 auto) for a 2023 Sasquatch’d Badlands hardtop 2.7 auto.
I paid right around 36K in October of 2021. True car and Vroom say they will give me 39K for it. My salesman has a 2023 Badlands 2.7 hardtop 4 door for 62K. But looking at the window sticker I don’t see where I’m gaining much (if anything) as far as comfort / conveniences. I would like the hardtop for sure but geez the deal / value of my 21 Base is just too much to give up. I feel like I’d be over paying to upgrade.
Thoughts?
I reserved august 2020 on a 4 door base SAS with MIC & SAS. Was originally $44,900 invoice from dealer at time of order 02/2021.

Slow forward to April 2023 paid $50,400k plus TTL minus $3,000 ford rebate.

I’d think real hard on what you’re really getting NOW for the money.

my opinion, you want best value or nice creature comforts on the same damn car.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm gonna go against the grain here.....How many miles on the 2021....You can get 3k more than you paid after xxx miles. 2 year newer car...2023 Badlands brand spankin new....Badlands would have zero miles. A fresh warranty.....a hard top.....sway bar disco....mgv...signature lights...I'm sure a few other features. All those are worth something. Add them all up and you just might justify the difference.
hard top 7k....
new warranty...
mgv....
new car smelll...priceless...

Last edited:

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I just can’t bring myself into trading in my 2021 Sasquatch’d Base (4 door, anti mater blue, soft top, 2.7 auto) for a 2023 Sasquatch’d Badlands hardtop 2.7 auto.
I paid right around 36K in October of 2021. True car and Vroom say they will give me 39K for it. My salesman has a 2023 Badlands 2.7 hardtop 4 door for 62K. But looking at the window sticker I don’t see where I’m gaining much (if anything) as far as comfort / conveniences. I would like the hardtop for sure but geez the deal / value of my 21 Base is just too much to give up. I feel like I’d be over paying to upgrade.
Thoughts?
Keep it and order a Maverick for the difference when they get caught up on them and you can order again 😏

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gott Damm Gorgeous!!!

I know exactly how you feel.
I bought this as my test Bronco... I didn't know how a 2dr would work for me, though I love the classic looks...
Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base 20230508_124731

Now looks like this...
Ford Bronco I just can’t bring myself to trading in my 2021 Sas Base 20230508_124731

Now I have this fixing to show up any day, currently at Granger ....

(come to think of it, you'd think them fuckers would have sent me at least one real pic of it by now...they got my money already!)

So yeah, not sure if/how to afford both, and that 2dr AMB is hard to come by and so so sweet looking.

Biggest things are, the 4dr works far better for the family AND the longer wheelbase will work MUCH better for towing the Ol' Man's Ranger Boat.
If it doesn't work out, I'll need a truck at that point.
Damn! 2DR, base, AMB, cloth interior and manual trans. That is IMO the best combo built.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep It!
My original order was AMB. Loved that color. I got pushed back so far I am now the owner of a 2023 in Azure Gray. I picked it as the lesser of several evils. It's growing on me.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If your Basesquatch is reliable and haven't give you any trouble, I would keep it. You never know what the next vehicle is going to be like.:unsure:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My Base has both front and rear lockers. The disconnect is the feature I would like to have but would RARELY use.
Yeah, get mechanical quick disconnects and spend a lot less of your money on mods.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands non-Sasquatch LUX.

I was very much on the fence between that and a Base Sasquatch. I did a 2 door manual and found a dealership doing $1k below invoice, so it was call between mid 30's and low 40's for me and I took the LUX.

Had I been paying markups I would have gone Base Sasquatch.

I've done a fair amount of trail time with moderate obstacles and don't use the disconnect. If I do try it, it doesn't make an impact in my ability to clear the obstacle.

I use my cameras and lane keeping quite a bit, but..... not 20k worth. I'd put that 20k into much different gadgetry.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When's the last time you saw a dramatic thread hit the front page from a lower trim level model owner complaining about build quality and being overpriced?

I think that alone should answer your question about whether or not nearly doubling the cost of your current car is worth it. 😄 You've got a great ride, stick with it!
Sponsored