Sponsored

I just want a retractable soft top for my 2 door. That is all.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm looking at the bestop sunrider for my 2-door. Not really concerned how it looks when it's folded back, they all look wonky... Just want the functionality.
Also looking at covers for when I take the actual back off and don't want to be caught out in the rain.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't get the hate for the factory 4 door softtop. Fantastic except for the side rear windows install...horrid. I only put them on once a year in the Fall, but my my the swearing, sweat and anger at engineers who couldn't have spec'd another 1/16"....otherwise, fantastic.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the hate for the factory 4 door softtop. Fantastic except for the side rear windows install...horrid. I only put them on once a year in the Fall, but my my the swearing, sweat and anger at engineers who couldn't have spec'd another 1/16"....otherwise, fantastic.
But the wrinkles and sagging!

Meanwhile a typical EB:

Ford Bronco I just want a retractable  soft top for my 2 door. That is all. 432200597_10224723322337019_3840152597101229299_n

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm looking at the bestop sunrider for my 2-door. Not really concerned how it looks when it's folded back, they all look wonky... Just want the functionality.
Also looking at covers for when I take the actual back off and don't want to be caught out in the rain.
I've had the Sunrider for over 2 years with zero issues and I have the Broncover for when the top is off. Love both.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had the Sunrider for over 2 years with zero issues and I have the Broncover for when the top is off. Love both.
thanks for reaffirming both of my choices! Can't wait until warm weather so I can go full Safari/Jurassic Park mode... LOL....
One question for you.. can you remove the rear top/cap section of the Bronco and still have the sunrider attached to the front? I am hoping I don't have to remove the sunrider to do this...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks for reaffirming both of my choices! Can't wait until warm weather so I can go full Safari/Jurassic Park mode... LOL....
One question for you.. can you remove the rear top/cap section of the Bronco and still have the sunrider attached to the front? I am hoping I don't have to remove the sunrider to do this...
No. Sunrider has to come off. But it seriously takes 5 minutes to install/remove. It's super easy.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But the wrinkles and sagging!

Meanwhile a typical EB:

Ford Bronco I just want a retractable  soft top for my 2 door. That is all. 432200597_10224723322337019_3840152597101229299_n
This is what I want for my '22.
I miss the simple, cheap, lightweight soft top from my old EB. That plus the soft doors just made it so quick and easy.

Fold it back or roll up the sides and back and toss the doors in the back!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe I read somewhere on here Bestop also makes the bronco OEM top...
I still have an original Bestop "Supertop" from the early 90's for my CJ-7. Back when Bestop was a leader in getting rid of snaps in favor of belt rail attachment. It's actually in better shape than my rusted CJ! Bestop makes quality tops.

Problem is, unlike the past when we had several soft top manufacturers to choose from, now with Bestop supplying OEM and aftermarket, they've kind of cornered the market. Unless someone comes in to compete with a more straight back fully folding top, I don't see it happening. :(

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And they have some agreements in place with Ford so that there are things they can't offer in order to do what they do....

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Come on already. I just want a fully retractable square back soft top. It's been 3 years of having to reinstall the hard top at any chance of rain. That is all. I just don't want to toggle back and forth putting the hard top on every time there is a chance of rain this spring. It's getting old.
Man, do I feel this post. I waited and waited for a proper soft top for the 2 door. I contacted Bestop and was told they were “seriously” considering it but wouldn’t give any actual promise it would happen. I finally got tired of waiting and moved to a 4 door Bronco just for a soft top that folds all the way back.

I have no regrets on the 4dr….till I spot a 2dr. Such a good looking rig!!

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately the Bestop is ugly as sin. I'm good. I know some people love it, but I think it's atrocious.
I agree with you, Choom. I love that I get a soft top experience, but hate that it's like a toupee in the wind.

I'd pay for someone to create a proper flipback like a Jeep has, bonus with colors options. MyTop is supposedly working on an electronic one, can't a manufacturer just give us a proper soft top with color to boot

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with you, Choom. I love that I get a soft top experience, but hate that it's like a toupee in the wind.

I'd pay for someone to create a proper flipback like a Jeep has, bonus with colors options. MyTop is supposedly working on an electronic one, can't a manufacturer just give us a proper soft top with color to boot
Yeah, I email Mytop every 6 months or so. Doesn't look like they are in any hurry though.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all want one that folds all the way down….i could care less about the slant or square I just don’t want a big pile of turd sitting on the roll bar when it is open. For the life of me I can’t figure out why bestop hasn’t done it yet…it wouldn’t be that difficult for them and it would sell very well.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We all want one that folds all the way down….i could care less about the slant or square I just don’t want a big pile of turd sitting on the roll bar when it is open. For the life of me I can’t figure out why bestop hasn’t done it yet…it wouldn’t be that difficult for them and it would sell very well.
Their current one definitely looks like a turd. I had a 4 door with the Bestop on it drive by me the other day and I threw up a little.
Sponsored