Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. I know Santa is bringing my Bronco some gifts and I hope yours gets some too. Most of all I wish you all good health for you and your families because that is the most valuable gift we can receive.
As for my Bronco, I know I am going against the current trends but as a child of the 60's I still like chrome and white sidewall tires. I wanted my new bronco to reflect that. I have a '69 bronco and it is a primitive vehicle but duct tape and bailing wire always got me home. The new electronics both amaze me and scare me.
The chrome I have added around the grill, windshield and body side as well as the metallic blue color and white trim works for me. I am almost embarrassed by the attention it gets. Many people believe it is a restored early bronco. They ask what year it is and look dumbfounded when I tell them.
I will replace the Jeep style taillights and delete the trail sights. My ditch lights are chrome motorcycle driving lights with white running light rings to match the Bronco headlights. My stereo upgrade sure beats the AM only radio in my old Bronco. I removed the rear seats and rear speakers for carrying
Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? dont-need-you-angry
camping gear. I modified the Method 305 wheels by replacing the ugly center caps with flush chrome ones with Ford logos. I removed the phony ring bolts and polished the outside of the wheel which reminds me of the narrow white sidewalls popular in the 60's. I LOVE seeing all the mods done by you all on this forum and just wanted to share mine so far.
i'm with you on the chrome. I can't stand all the black wheels, on a black truck, with black walls.

OP
OP
Rimrattle

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for all the comments both pro and con. A few answers.....the color is velocity blue. The jury is still out on the Ford logo. I did it on my '69 and the OBX grill has the perfect spot for it so I thought I would try it. The stock OBX fenders are wrapped in satin white. Easy to do yourself or probably a few hundred dollars by a shop. No white top for me, too much white. The first thing I did on my '69 was to remove the hardtop and go with a black soft top. I also painted the grill black and framed it with chrome. It is now wearing worn through original paint with a multitude of battle scars. A bumper sticker reads " fully unrestored " . I wish Zombie a full recovery :)

Sponsored

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First of all I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. I know Santa is bringing my Bronco some gifts and I hope yours gets some too. Most of all I wish you all good health for you and your families because that is the most valuable gift we can receive.
As for my Bronco, I know I am going against the current trends but as a child of the 60's I still like chrome and white sidewall tires. I wanted my new bronco to reflect that. I have a '69 bronco and it is a primitive vehicle but duct tape and bailing wire always got me home. The new electronics both amaze me and scare me.
The chrome I have added around the grill, windshield and body side as well as the metallic blue color and white trim works for me. I am almost embarrassed by the attention it gets. Many people believe it is a restored early bronco. They ask what year it is and look dumbfounded when I tell them.
I will replace the Jeep style taillights and delete the trail sights. My ditch lights are chrome motorcycle driving lights with white running light rings to match the Bronco headlights. My stereo upgrade sure beats the AM only radio in my old Bronco. I removed the rear seats and rear speakers for carrying
Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? dont-need-you-angry
camping gear. I modified the Method 305 wheels by replacing the ugly center caps with flush chrome ones with Ford logos. I removed the phony ring bolts and polished the outside of the wheel which reminds me of the narrow white sidewalls popular in the 60's. I LOVE seeing all the mods done by you all on this forum and just wanted to share mine so far.
Chrome……..nope.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only person who has to like it is the owner. That's pretty much why I don't buy high end level vehicles. Because what you pay for usually gets mixed or changed to more of your liking. So in my opinion you wasted a lot of money up front at purchase.

That being said, I would tend to think the chrome trim you added around the windshield is not going to last very long with the areas of no contact as you transition over the roof rack delete plates. Also what is that coiled stem on the front bumper? A antenna whip mount?

Nice Bronco though, great job.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dig any build that the owner has made their own style. Broncos are meant to be uniquely for the person how owns them. As a mid 40’s but having had several Harley’s, I’m a fan of tasteful high quality chrome. Don’t put the plastic chrome junk on anything. It’s looks cheap and makes anything it’s on look less valuable. The Bronco came with real metal bumpers, these could be easily chromed at a decent shop. Make
It yours and care for it. I admire various car culture for what it is and how it represents the owner.

I’m not a Murdered out black car guy, but I do like to keep my rides to three primary colors in the overall build. Ford makes that hard with the crazy color wheel provided with every model these days.

OP
OP
Rimrattle

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I mentioned I added some of the very same tape on my old bronco and a couple of 240Z's over nearly 40 years ago. It is still fine. Some of the chrome tape I just used was left over in my shop from then.
Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? 20221115_153754-5
The chrome tape is cut around the roof rack plates so when I put my rack on next Summer the tape stays on the plates. No problem. The coil is indeed for my sand dune flag. As for cost....my total investment is under $300 and can ALL be easily removed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think it looks great and respect the old school effort - if you don't mind, can you tell me where you got the side molding? And does it sit within the body side detail? I would love a chrome trim piece that fits flush within the indent on the body side

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes on chrome. I wish there was a chrome bumper and grille option on th6g. Not everybody wants to live in a dark world it's your Bronco do it your way.
Here ya go.

OP
OP
Rimrattle

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put the side trim piece just below the indent. I found some of the tape in my shop and bought more on the internet. Just google "chrome auto trim tape". I used a very narrow one that is mostly black with thin chrome strips on both sides. It is very subtle in most light and helps break up the vast blue sides of the truck without being too bright. I will try to get some closeup pictures for you.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nicely done, those chrome touches make for nice accents without overdoing it.
Here's another one, pic appeared on the board in Jan 2022. I like the chrome sliders and roof rails. ... and the modded Base/BD wheels.
Ford Bronco I like chrome.  Am I the only one? 20221115_153754-5
Your wheels are fantastic.