Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have slots on my old rig but the offset on the new ones just don't work.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it. Well done!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my style unless it were truly an old one. But you have certainly done a good job making it your own with an old flare. Great job. I appreciate anyone fixing up a vehicle except Texas style trucks and tail draggers in Florida.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black wheel rims always make me think of someone wearing black socks with sandals. From a side profile todays vehicles have no “ break up” appeal to the eye. Color matched from end to end. Instead of chrome or stainless the manufacturers use stick on graphics to accomplish the design break. BTW, the grill on your Bronco looks really well done. The wheels are exceptional as well.

Adoptwithme

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. I know Santa is bringing my Bronco some gifts and I hope yours gets some too. Most of all I wish you all good health for you and your families because that is the most valuable gift we can receive.

As for my Bronco, I know I am going against the current trends but as a child of the 60's I still like chrome and white sidewall tires. I wanted my new bronco to reflect that. I have a '69 bronco and it is a primitive vehicle but duct tape and bailing wire always got me home. The new electronics both amaze me and scare me.

The chrome I have added around the grill, windshield and body side as well as the metallic blue color and white trim works for me. I am almost embarrassed by the attention it gets. Many people believe it is a restored early bronco. They ask what year it is and look dumbfounded when I tell them.

I will replace the Jeep style taillights and delete the trail sights. My ditch lights are chrome motorcycle driving lights with white running light rings to match the Bronco headlights. My stereo upgrade sure beats the AM only radio in my old Bronco. I removed the rear seats and rear speakers for carrying camping gear. I modified the Method 305 wheels by replacing the ugly center caps with flush chrome ones with Ford logos. I removed the phony ring bolts and polished the outside of the wheel which reminds me of the narrow white sidewalls popular in the 60's. I LOVE seeing all the mods done by you all on this forum and just wanted to share mine so far.

20221124_155138~4.jpg
I love it!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First of all I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. I know Santa is bringing my Bronco some gifts and I hope yours gets some too. Most of all I wish you all good health for you and your families because that is the most valuable gift we can receive.

As for my Bronco, I know I am going against the current trends but as a child of the 60's I still like chrome and white sidewall tires. I wanted my new bronco to reflect that. I have a '69 bronco and it is a primitive vehicle but duct tape and bailing wire always got me home. The new electronics both amaze me and scare me.

The chrome I have added around the grill, windshield and body side as well as the metallic blue color and white trim works for me. I am almost embarrassed by the attention it gets. Many people believe it is a restored early bronco. They ask what year it is and look dumbfounded when I tell them.

I will replace the Jeep style taillights and delete the trail sights. My ditch lights are chrome motorcycle driving lights with white running light rings to match the Bronco headlights. My stereo upgrade sure beats the AM only radio in my old Bronco. I removed the rear seats and rear speakers for carrying camping gear. I modified the Method 305 wheels by replacing the ugly center caps with flush chrome ones with Ford logos. I removed the phony ring bolts and polished the outside of the wheel which reminds me of the narrow white sidewalls popular in the 60's. I LOVE seeing all the mods done by you all on this forum and just wanted to share mine so far.

20221124_155138~4.jpg
Sweet! Merry Christmas!

Rockett

Big Bend
First Name
Rockett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

20221124_155138~4.jpg
I am not a fan of chrome. That said, wow! That’s a GREAT looking rig! Well done!

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nicely done, those chrome touches make for nice accents without overdoing it.
Here's another one, pic appeared on the board in Jan 2022. I like the chrome sliders and roof rails. ... and the modded Base/BD wheels.
1671918473702.png
where and how did you do the dog dishes?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the comments both pro and con. A few answers.....the color is velocity blue. The jury is still out on the Ford logo. I did it on my '69 and the OBX grill has the perfect spot for it so I thought I would try it. The stock OBX fenders are wrapped in satin white. Easy to do yourself or probably a few hundred dollars by a shop. No white top for me, too much white. The first thing I did on my '69 was to remove the hardtop and go with a black soft top. I also painted the grill black and framed it with chrome. It is now wearing worn through original paint with a multitude of battle scars. A bumper sticker reads " fully unrestored " . I wish Zombie a full recovery :)
I like chrome when used sparingly. I'm really more in the polished/brushed aluminum camp. Your Bronco looks good!

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sharp!! Love the chrome side moulding - and the Ford Oval in the grille brings it home!

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the work and thought you put in to this.

Definitely not a fan of the wheels, the white on blue fender flares and that oval **shudder**.

But that said I am happy for and hope you get tons of enjoyment from it.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a huge fan of lots of chrome but your rig looks great!

I do want to get the old school chrome rims. I'm tired of the dark rims.
Sponsored