Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wheels/tires/ICON's look great OP!

Any concern about the 4.46 axle ratio (originally intended for 32's) vs. the much taller 37's? The SAS has 4.70 with 35's. No doubt it drives/feels fine with the 37's, but sometimes I wonder about the added driveline stress which you can't feel.

P.S. The OEM BD tires weigh 47 lbs. (OEM 315 Sas tires 52 lbs.). The Toyo 37's, 83 lbs. Wow, had no idea there was that much difference in weight. That's one heck of an increase in rotational mass!

Last edited:

MJ12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work. How well is that 4.46 ratio spinning those 37s and with the 2.7L or 2.3?

OP
OP
MyDogGoldie

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wheels/tires/ICON's look great OP!

Any concern about the 4.46 axle ratio (originally intended for 32's) vs. the much taller 37's? The SAS has 4.70 with 35's. No doubt it drives/feels fine with the 37's, but sometimes I wonder about the added driveline stress which you can't feel.

P.S. The OEM BD tires weigh 47 lbs. (OEM 315 Sas tires 52 lbs.). The Toyo 37's, 83 lbs. Wow, had no idea there was that much difference in weight. That's one heck of an increase in rotational mass!
No doubt, off the line, there is additional stress getting the 37s rolling. But it certainly doesn't feel slow and the performance is surprisingly great. I am more gentle with slamming on the accelerator with the bigger tires to preserve the drive line components.

Same with brakes. It is more to stop these big tires. So I just am more gentle with the brakes. No doubt it will go through pads and rotors faster than the stock tires.

I am pretty sure tho that the listed weight of the RT Trails is 75lbs .

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyDogGoldie

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice work. How well is that 4.46 ratio spinning those 37s and with the 2.7L or 2.3?
I have the 2.7L 4.46 gears. The performance is very good both on the stop and go and the freeway. Gas mileage seems to have dropped from 18 to 16 MPG.

Last edited:

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, how’s ride, handling, etc? Your near my old stomping grounds, T.O/Moorpark/Simi Valley area…
Looks good OP! My old stomping grounds too! San Fernando Valley! Had to bale Northern Idaho!

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyDogGoldie

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today I installed the ZROADZ ROCK SLIDER SIDE STEP to the Bronco:
Quick Review:
I scored them off of Ebay for a lot less than retail ~ $650 total delivered
They came in perfect condition even tho the box was kind of beat up
They mount directly to the same bolt on location as the factory rock slider making it a job anybody can do by themselves with a basic metric socket set.
I did actually have to trim out one of the mounting location on the new steps to get a bolt to line up, but that was a quick fix with a metal blade on a jig saw, I can't even blame ZROADs, because I am sure I could have "forced it" and made it fit, no big deal.
The build quality seems very very sturdy very heavy duty. This is not cheap thin steel. Everything is thick and heavy.
Finish is a bit more gloss than the factory rock sliders. it's a little bit brighter, and the powder coat is smoother than the rock sliders. It's nice, but it's not exactly the match, but close enough and still looks good to me.
They make getting into the Bronco easier. I could have gotten steps that were a lot lower that would have made it much easier to get it, but we like the look and ground clearance of this style step.
They do sit up high and cover the pinch weld, that is not an issue visually.

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110926

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110916

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110906

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110851

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110717

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110524

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110639

Ford Bronco What have I done! 20231216_110650

Last edited:

the poacher

Badlands
First Name