First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interior seat color options. I have a Wildtrak on order and for the life of me I can't figure out why the Outer Banks has more interior options for seat colors than the Wildtrak.

If I had my druthers I'd order the roast leather interior but instead I'm left with (what I think) is a pretty drab leather option. It seems to me (and granted I don't know much about this stuff) that the "higher" trim levels would be offered with more options - not fewer.

Anyone think this'll change for the '22s?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand calculus. Of course I don’t understand interior options created by Ford as well, but calculus is still my main hang up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video may, or may not, help you understand the interior decisions.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand, its the jigsaw of upgrades Ford opts you to option to spend more money to get what you want. I you wanted it all from the beginning you were forced into getting the FE.

If you wanted the options for the Outer Banks, they want you to Squatch it. Because essentially that is all the WT is. IMO. That is my short answer.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like the OBX interior better, then get one and add a 2.7 and Sasquatch. Pretty much a Wildtrak but with body-color mirrors instead of black, no hood decal, and no black Bronco emblem.

I seriously doubt interior options will change for MY22

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interior seat color options. I have a Wildtrak on order and for the life of me I can't figure out why the Outer Banks has more interior options for seat colors than the Wildtrak.

If I had my druthers I'd order the roast leather interior but instead I'm left with (what I think) is a pretty drab leather option. It seems to me (and granted I don't know much about this stuff) that the "higher" trim levels would be offered with more options - not fewer.

The OBX is the 'luxury' model, thus getting more choices and likely better materials. The WT adds off road hardware, but with more limited/ and probably cheaper interior choices (production cheaper, not necessarily cheaper pricing) so they can be about the same price when both optioned up.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand, its the jigsaw of upgrades Ford opts you to option to spend more money to get what you want. I you wanted it all from the beginning you were forced into getting the FE.

If you wanted the options for the Outer Banks, they want you to Squatch it. Because essentially that is all the WT is. IMO. That is my short answer.
BTW, My initial goal was to stay around 40 grand. This was blown out of the water after poking at the build and price for about 8 months. Changing it, over, and over, and over again.

I evolved into dumping the higher package on the Outerbanks and abandoning the lux package with the 12 inch screen to the big bend with sasquatch, just to keep me under 50 grand.

I am content. Would i chose to change it again, yes. I would go badlands no squatch with the 12 inch screen and go up in price. Too late now, Ive had my vin. So i have to be content!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

fully loaded OBX is near-as-makes-no-difference the same price as a fully loaded WT.

In the end they'll both have SAS and 2.7. Why not just order the OBXquatch?

Also worth noting, I don't really see WT as the "higher trim level". Fully loaded, OBX BL WT are about the same price. WT has the highest level of standard equipment and therefore the highest base price, but that means absolutely 0 when you're comparing them fully loaded.

To me it goes base->BB/BD->OBX/BL/WT

And ford seems to agree. base has no package offerings, BB and BD go to mid only, and the other 3 offer up to lux as you see fit

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OBX is the 'luxury' model, thus getting more choices and likely better materials. The WT adds off road hardware, but with more limited/ and probably cheaper interior choices (production cheaper, not necessarily cheaper pricing) so they can be about the same price when both optioned up.
Same interior quality and there's no off road hardware on the WT that you can't get on the OBX. Cosmetics aside, they're basically the same trim.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My head scratcher was why the cargo area liner and Sasquatch were mutually exclusive for my OBX. Couldn't add them both. Just seems to me that they're trying to keep us from building a higher model from a lower model. Doesn't matter, though, my dealer is selling me the liner for what it would cost in the configurator, not the cost from the accessory catalog.
Sponsored