Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to say that although the Bronco B&P so far is a hilarious failure, you all are a wonderful inspiration of what a car community should be. Knowledge, wit, wisdom, banter. Thank you all for making the Bronco a little more fun to own in the future.

I live in DTLA, in the heart of the most congested city in the USA, so a Bronco is really my rocket ship to another planet aka the outdoors. Anyone in LA area feel free to reach out and say hello, let’s get a crew together to go places. I’ll try not to get too stuck in my basesquatch!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heyyoooo from Orange County!! Would love to get a trip together. Unfortunately I can’t afford a winch to pull you out, but we can use some synthetic rope attached to my BadSquatch.

OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heyyoooo from Orange County!! Would love to get a trip together. Unfortunately I can’t afford a winch to pull you out, but we can use some synthetic rope attached to my BadSquatch.
Aftermarket winch... 2.5k is a joke. I want to plan a baja trip.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just outside of Portland in the WA side of the border. LOVE Baja! A dream trip for me involved motorcycles down there, but a Bronco trip would be just as good!

Sponsored

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in Santa Monica and going to have a blacksquatch? Diamondsquatch? Whatever we call that trim level.

parking the squatch should be interesting for all of us in LA.

We should try and get someone from every trim level together for a meet up

OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://giphy.com/gifs/Ck1Pib39Dl5TSzFB3S

But seriously. Heyyoooo from Orange County!! Would love to get a trip together. Unfortunately I can’t afford a winch to pull you out, but we can use some synthetic rope attached to my BadSquatch.
I’m in Santa Monica and going to have a blacksquatch? Diamondsquatch? Whatever we call that trim level.

man, i cant imagine riding baja. Must be just wild. 2022 baja trip?!!! I want to got 5k miles atleast under my belt and get it properly outfitted. I think i know what i want already but im a tinkerer. Also can make some mean camp food so i got that goin for me.

OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been through Baja many times on a motorcycle. Excited to do it in a 6g!

Last one to the Giggling Marlin buys.
Wine country to drunk spring break country and back!

Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’ll be hard pressed to find someone with a Wildtrak or FE at this point. I was originally a Wildtrak loyalist but the interior options grossed me out. Blacked out vinyl in the badlands it is! Let’s definitely meet up for a Death Valley trip!

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LA here, I’m in for shenanigans!

FE + WT reservation holder, both interiors suck and a badlands has no auto seats.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Living in DTLA, so the great outdoors is a mall crawl trip up to Malibu yeah? ?

Just funning with you, that was a great first post.

$2.5K for a Warn Zeon 5 ton with the mounting plate and installation is actually a good price, plus its likely warranty backed since you get it with the rig.

Dollar for dollar, most of the accessories are well priced, some are a little off. Think Ford did a balancing act to maximize profit (big surprise! ?).

I think some guys are having sticker shock who haven't built an adventure rig before. Personally, I haven't for a new vehicle, so it can water your eyes a bit, but to warranty much of the stuff does hold value, trust me. You'll be surprised what gets banged or scrapped when in the woods even on a light trail with tree twigs everywhere. When taking a bad line too fast, its also easy to roll a rig too. That Baja trip will be a good one to have the winch and some MaxTrax "Take the easy way out"

Anyway, get as much of the "performance gear for off roading and recovery" that you can possibly afford even if you end up stretching a little. This only matters if you'll keep your Bronco for some years after paying it off.

Not totally realistic that everyone will have the extra $$ to buy mods while paying your car payment; talking stuff that'll cost over $500. Remember that you want that new 4K OLED and Playstation 5 also. ?
Sponsored