Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get the humor of your original post. I only counter that when you are getting to $50K and beyond for a vehicle (like my configuration likely will be), you want as few compromises as possible. I'm not bailing out yet, but at what point does someone decide that they are giving up too much of what they want for what they are paying?

I'm looking at Outer Banks trim. Color choices are fine. Transmission is fine. I have access all the way up to the Lux package. Possible things I may have to compromise on:

1. No power seats (this is a bummer, but not by itself a deal-breaker for me)
2. Hopefully the running boards are tubular and not the rectangular ones we've seen (also a bummer but not a deal-breaker by itself)
3. What color top can I get? Cactus Grey body looks weird with the grey top. White would be my first choice and body-color would also be fine. If molded-in-grey was the only option, this could be an issue. I don't really want to spend more money having to pay a shop to paint the top.
4. Towing capacity. 3,500 is just a bit low. No, I don't want a Ranger or F-150. I would only need to tow some and for not long distances. This issue has been solved by other manufacturers in the segment (see Land Rover, for example). I'm hoping Ford will bump up the number by 500 (workable) or even 1,000 (yay!) pounds. If not, it'll be a bummer having to borrow a family member's vehicle to tow. I'm not rich enough to have a $40,000 vehicle on stand-by for towing. :)

If none of these issues is resolved, I could give up and wait and see if some of these are resolved in year two. If not, I may have missed my window.
I'm in the same position. I reserved an Outer Banks and my value point is about $52-53k for 4 door,Lux leather,painted top, modular bumper and a few other things. If it gets to $56-57k, an Explorer ST can be bought for less and my build on an F-150 Platinum comes in at about $65k. With the F-150, there would be incentives and X plan to bring that below $60k with far more to offer than Bronco. I really want to give the Bronco a shot because it's different than anything I've ever owned, but at the same time, this may be my last vehicle so want something meets most of my wants/needs.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd call myself a fan also. I used to be a Mopar guy until I bought a Lightning.

Here's my list
84 Mustang LX
93 Lightning
03 Supercrew XLT
05 Supercrew Lariat
07 MKX
10 Taurus SEL
12 MKT
14 Mustang GT Premium
14 F-150 Tremor
16 Expedition Platinum
17 Explorer Platinum
18 Raptor Scab
19 Edge ST

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let’s face it. For many , the $100 deposit was like an option contract for people to buy time to truely decide if the Bronco was for them. If you have decided not to buy- that is fine. I don’t need any reason from you. Your an adult. As for me- the joy of waiting for my new Bronco is like waiting for Christmas to arrive. Yep I’m excited !

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
You price quote sounds great. Except you forgot about the $1,500 destination fee. Im out. ?

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same position. I reserved an Outer Banks and my value point is about $52-53k for 4 door,Lux leather,painted top, modular bumper and a few other things. If it gets to $56-57k, an Explorer ST can be bought for less and my build on an F-150 Platinum comes in at about $65k. With the F-150, there would be incentives and X plan to bring that below $60k with far more to offer than Bronco. I really want to give the Bronco a shot because it's different than anything I've ever owned, but at the same time, this may be my last vehicle so want something meets most of my wants/needs.
I was thinking the same thing about the F150 option.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As soon as I saw towing capacity mentioned I knew I would see you singing this same song. Lmfao :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(y)

Especially when my 2007 Mercury Mariner 3L NA engine & Uni-body has a Factory Tow Rating of 3500 lbs!

I know that there will have to be compromises and that the aftermarket will more than likely fill in for those. To me, it's more like FoMoCo is choosing to ignore a lot of Low Hanging Fruit. Just having an Optional Package Available so that the buying public can Chose What is Best For Their Needs.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(y)

Especially when my 2007 Mercury Mariner 3L NA engine & Uni-body has a Factory Tow Rating of 3500 lbs!

I know that there will have to be compromises and that the aftermarket will more than likely fill in for those. To me, it's more like FoMoCo is choosing to ignore a lot of Low Hanging Fruit. Just having an Optional Package Available so that the buying public can Chose What is Best For Their Needs.
I honestly believe they will come out with a Bronco in the next few years that has a higher towing capacity. I think theyre just trying to get the image of the Bronco as an off road contender to Jeep out first. There really should be a 5000 tow capacity on the 4-door though.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Strange, I updated to iOS 14 and don't have the pickup emoji.
I guess Mike's Statement cannot be taken literally, when he said Tomorrow does not really mean Tomorrow it can be Day after or 2 days or 10 days after 'Tomorrow' just like He said for B&P by Sept?

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm out unless my Bronco comes with a big red button. Ford, are you listening?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ultimately, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. What sounds great to you for $50k may not sound great to someone else for the same money. And it's not always because they can't afford it. Like myself for example, I just spent that last 6 months paying $1500-$2000 per month just to pay a car off earlier. I didn't reserve a First Edition because I don't want to pay that much for a 4x4. Just because I can afford it, doesn't mean I want to. Most of us have something we wish we were getting for the price they are asking. Not everyone voices that opinion because dedicated forums often have the "fan boy" mentality and anyone going against the grain gets attacked for it.

Fortunately, our mods do a good job of containing these situations.

If someone comes forward with a legitimate concern then that is your opportunity to discuss their grievances with them and give them options they may not have considered. By doing so, you may save that person from canceling their reservation and continue growing the Bronco community rather than telling them to go pound sand and buy something else.
Sponsored