Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the MPG isn’t great. But not sure what you expected from and off road vehicle running 33’s or if you got the Sasquatch 35’s…
Sponsored

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They also don’t seem to understand where a vast majority of their electricity comes from. Just because it’s not blowing out of your tailpipe, doesn’t make it clean….. From an oily, thanks for your support!
Exactly. Most people have zero clue at all while navigating through the best time to be alive in human history: The Information Age :ROFLMAO:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right. But the vast majority of people don't have a clue as to how ICE's work, let alone the upfront costs, infrastructure and operating costs regarding EV. Whether income plays a factor or not is moot given this disparity. There's nothing wrong with EV's and there are a few I'd personally like to own. But we can all agree that the majority of those jumping in are going to be unpleasantly surprised at their up front, operating and replacement costs. I'm in for the EV powerplant swaps as mentioned in other threads I've perused :)(y)
Knowledge of how an ICE works isn’t necessary to use the vehicle. Same goes for EV technology. So I don’t think that really matters. Upfront costs should really be determined before purchasing a vehicle and is the most obvious cost I would think (perhaps home charging installation would be unaccounted for). Operating costs are where EVs win out with cheaper rates per mile and much less maintenance costs. What operating costs besides charging are there for EVs that ICE vehicles don’t have? Replacement costs can be very expensive and that I think is where people would get surprised especially when out of warranty.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Knowledge of how an ICE works isn’t necessary to use the vehicle. Same goes for EV technology. So I don’t think that really matters. Upfront costs should really be determined before purchasing a vehicle and is the most obvious cost I would think (perhaps home charging installation would be unaccounted for). Operating costs are where EVs win out with cheaper rates per mile and much less maintenance costs. What operating costs besides charging are there for EVs that ICE vehicles don’t have? Replacement costs can be very expensive and that I think is where people would get surprised especially when out of warranty.
Operating costs will never recuperate these two anytime soon. Eventually? Most likely, but I won't be a guinea pig and just want my new shitbox to hold me over until it does :cool:(y)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They also don’t seem to understand where a vast majority of their electricity comes from. Just because it’s not blowing out of your tailpipe, doesn’t make it clean….. From an oily, thanks for your support!
Depends on where you live. This is a good resource: https://afdc.energy.gov/
Being in WA we have an energy mix that is most hydro which is nice for EVs. I checked my local power as well and last I checked it was nearly zero on coal and I forgot how much natural gas. Mainly hydro.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.