Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In other news, water is wet
Perhaps I was too subtle. The most vocal “EVs are crap” crowd tend to take pride in their gas guzzling and are resistant to change (perhaps due to being set in their ways for so long). I hoped the italicized ‘other’ would have helped to convey.
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
California,
You need to go green.
Also California
Figures.png

This is most completely cherry-picking. They chose to use the EV charging as one limited example of what one could do during peak electrical use times. This is no different than being asked to run your air conditioner at a different temperature during those peak use times. EV charging is NOT, in itself, causing electrical grid outages. Give me a break.....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-electric-cars-charge/

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps I was too subtle. The most vocal “EVs are crap” crowd tend to take pride in their gas guzzling and are resistant to change (perhaps due to being set in their ways for so long). I hoped the italicized ‘other’ would have helped to convey.
Well apparently I don't understand subtlety!..

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you worrieda bout MPG at all the bronco (or Jeep) is not for you. These are purpose built vehicles with low gear (poor MPG), large tires (poor MPG), body on frame (so heavier and poor MPG).

When buying a vehicle create a list of things you want that vehicle to do. Then buy the one that checks the most boxes. If Rubicon Trail and Moab are on your list, you can't buy a Prius.
Says who?
4e45d0022b48589b7c0d7f266187ecc6.jpg

Sponsored

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's going to be a long time before BEV sales outpace ICE vehicles, especially with trucks and off-road vehicles. Most experts estimate EV's at 30% of new vehicle sales in 2030. ICE vehicles will be around for a very long time.

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve noticed some other leanings as well…

edit: the other leanings I’m speaking of are people who think EVs are “pieces of shit” and take pride in their old, gas guzzling ways. My subtly was too subtle and I’m not as clever as I think I am.
They aren't pieces of shit but long term sustainability is suspect (for now) and not as many people as you think are ready to jump in on something with such an outrageous upfront cost. Not right now anyway, maybe in a decade when the tech has gotten better and cheaper, just like anything else.

Also, I would love to see some data regarding vehicle knowledge for those with particular political "leanings" who have jumped all in with EV. I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 of them have never changed a tire or oil.

Deleted member 13702

They aren't pieces of shit but long term sustainability is suspect (for now) and not as many people as you think are ready to jump in on something with such an outrageous upfront cost. Not right now anyway, maybe in a decade when the tech has gotten better and cheaper, just like anything else.

Also, I would love to see some data regarding vehicle knowledge for those with particular political "leanings" who have jumped all in with EV. I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 of them have never changed a tire or oil.
I’d bet your wrong. I’m in the military and you would be surprised at the number of all electric and hybrids showing up around base. Mostly 4XEs and Tesla’s. Wanna guess most of their political affiliations, or whether or not they changed the oil or a tire?

Sad that somehow if you want better gas mileage, TQ, and ohh yeah, maybe a cleaner environment you are considered to be only on one side of the political aisle. What a small way to think.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thought is that new cars are more expensive than used cars, it generally takes more financial stability or income or a willingness to put money towards a new car purchase. New cars are a luxury. They could get something like a Leaf but most choose to get a crossover, sedan or truck. Most people I know choose to buy used and put their other money elsewhere. Where I live the housing market is ridiculous and many people rent and they can’t install a fast charger which negates a lot of practical EV benefits.

I also only know one person who owns a Tesla. He most certainly can change a tire since he worked at Discount Tire for a few years. I assume he can change oil as well, but I’m not sure he needs to know how to anymore since, well, he’s an EV owner now. ;)

Sponsored

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thought is that new cars are more expensive than used cars, it generally takes more financial stability or income or a willingness to put money towards a new car purchase. New cars are a luxury. They could get something like a Leaf but most choose to get a crossover, sedan or truck. Most people I know choose to buy used and put their other money elsewhere. Where I live the housing market is ridiculous and many people rent and they can’t install a fast charger which negates a lot of practical EV benefits.

I also only know one person who owns a Tesla. He most certainly can change a tire since he worked at Discount Tire for a few years. I assume he can change oil as well, but I’m not sure he needs to know how to anymore since, well, he’s an EV owner now. ;)
Right. But the vast majority of people don't have a clue as to how ICE's work, let alone the upfront costs, infrastructure and operating costs regarding EV. Whether income plays a factor or not is moot given this disparity. There's nothing wrong with EV's and there are a few I'd personally like to own. But we can all agree that the majority of those jumping in are going to be unpleasantly surprised at their up front, operating and replacement costs. I'm in for the EV powerplant swaps as mentioned in other threads I've perused :)(y)

Okstate1010

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They also don’t seem to understand where a vast majority of their electricity comes from. Just because it’s not blowing out of your tailpipe, doesn’t make it clean….. From an oily, thanks for your support!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.