First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
Sponsored

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2.3 auto has been getting 24 mpg no problem. But this will be my last gas only vehicle. I hope they come out with a hybrid bronco for the next gen. I'll gladly trade in.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible.
Lol I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't manage more than 20mpg with the 2.3L w/ manual (currently averaging 16mpg, lol)

:)

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If its your only ride i get it. Gas mileage is bad. I'm buying one for the exact reason you are reconsidering, Old school rides like this won't be around forever.

Full disclosure, I commute in a hybrid that gets 55mpg. I would never daily a Bronco.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Valid. We have a set of family vehicles with five drivers, ranging from 50-60 mpg hybrid Camry and a 328i sedan for daily commutes to an older Mustang that’s on to the fourth generation in the family and an off-road SUV for runs up to the cabin. Currently a 4Runner and soon to be the Bronco. I also have a history with a few old Broncos in my youth so it’s a consensual mid-life crisis thing. My reasons for a Bronco have nothing to do with gas mileage.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would not base my decision on the future of fuels. It’s smoke and mirrors the world Governments live off taxation of motor fuels. It will be a minimum of 25-30 years if even then to be gasoline free. The mandates for stop selling new ICE vehicles is still another 10-15 years away. If your buying your last vehicle for ever than whatever but the reality is the future is not even owning your own vehicle. A driverless vehicle will show up and you use it than it goes away. I truly believe the Drones are the next faze in our lifetime.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily my Bronco, gas is more expensive up here than it is in most of the USA (last I checked, anyway, from what I see using an online calculator, I'm paying $4.33 USD/gallon ), but as the saying goes, it's about smiles per gallon.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't manage more than 20mpg with the 2.3L w/ manual (currently averaging 16mpg, lol)

:)
Same. 16.4. I think the 4.7s mixed with the aerodynamics of a 5000lb brick aren't doing us any favors.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was very enthused and excited about the idea of buying a 2drBronco Badlands, v6. I haven't had a new vehicle since the 93 Toyota which I recently sold for $250 less than what I bought it for..... but my excitement has died down over time...what is killing it for me are a few issues I just can't get arround.......18mph and 20 hwy mpg for the V6..REALLY that's abysmal!!!! a manual tranny would help. Get the MPG up to 24-26 hwy might change my mind,,,but 20 mpg is terrible. Then for me there is this complete push by the US government to go to EV's, what's gonna happen to gas prices??? Is the Government gonna cause gas prices to go up to push... Ev's on the population as a whole...I have a feeling they will. So buying a gas guzzling vehicle which has a power train which is being phased out just doesn't seem like a smart way to drop $50K on a vehicle....I just can't do it....If for some reason I change my mind it will still be there for me to buy, but since I own vehicles for a long time, I just can't see dropping $50K on something which is trying to be phased out......
What the “US government“ wishes to do aside, the entire planet is pushing EVs. However, for those of us who want to go off-road and off grid in the wilderness, desert, or woods, an EV is likely close to 10 years away from being viable. At that point, even I may get one.

If you’re only wanting a Bronco to drive around in, then yes, you should move on to something more pedestrian Anyway. Being in that part of Kentucky, think you’d know better. Gas prices have been in flux for over 20 years, yet pickups are actually getting much bigger. A man wants what he wants and many are willing to eat the higher prices for the vehicles, then turn around and eat the price of gas. Only a few of these men do actual work in these trucks. Whatever the point is of them is beyond me.

However, to each his own. If the cost of gas is too high or even if just on principle you won’t pay the price, then if the cost of gas is the only thing that matters, sure, a Bronco makes no sense, just like a huge truck.

But, if you plan to use that truck to haul stuff, or that Bronco to go wheeling out in the dirt, then the cost doesn’t matter as much. I put wheeling and camping above my price limits for gas, thus the Bronco.

There’s no right or wrong here for you or anyone else, only what matters most to you as an individual. Good luck on your next vehicle choice.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact you think a manual transmission gets significantly better milage or better at all proves you don’t know what you are talking about
Don’t be so mean man. :)

This poor guy hasn’t purchased a vehicle in over 20 years, so I think he just doesn’t understand modern vehicles as much.

To your point, an auto tranny with 7+ gears will always be much more efficient. Rowing ones own gears is fun, I admit, but it certainly isn’t more efficient, as we are not smarter than the processor in the car’s computer.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re leaving and no longer buying, why announce it? No one is going to validate the decision for you. If you don’t want to use gas anymore, ok, good for you. Go to the EV forums and tell them how bad “gas guzzlers” are, like the bad dudes on Bronco6G use. They’ll eat it up. They’ll all toast their soy lattes over it. As far as here….you’ll need to get validation for a silly line of thinking and PC somewhere else.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t be so mean man. :)

This poor guy hasn’t purchased a vehicle in over 20 years, so I think he just doesn’t understand modern vehicles as much.

To your point, an auto tranny with 7+ gears will always be much more efficient. Rowing ones own gears is fun, I admit, but it certainly isn’t more efficient, as we are not smarter than the processor in the car’s computer.
I wish more people would leave… then I would get mine faster (ish) maybe
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.