First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would gladly pay $5k extra if they squirt it with Calypso Coral!
Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the model data is interesting. I would have thought there would be more Wildtrak orders as the “top build”, but suspect the OBX with SAS ate into the market share as they are now mechanically the same thing as a Wildtrak but with what many consider to be better interior options and exterior upgrades.
Locale matters. In Arizona, Wildtrack might be popular, in Colorado it's not so much (unless it is just bought for looks). Some buy for actual usage and, IMHO, the WT is not set up for Colorado off-roading, and certainly not for snow. Adequate- but not proficient.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my area, I've yet to see anything other than Cactus/Area51/Carbonized Gray on the road. I've see a Race Red and a White Oxford on a hauler.

Sponsored

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are just wired differently. My wife is and always will be a grayscale vehicle driver. I’m not, and I hate repeating colors. My Jeep is red, and my old Tundra was a green that was very close to EG. So they were out.
Came down to a blue or the orangello. My 6 year old (at the time! 8 now!) got the deciding vote and orangello it was. I do really like it in person, drove one at Off Roadeo.
I like the desert sand on the Everglades.. but I think if it was widely available it would be swamped.
As others have said, I see a lot of AMB, grey, and A51 around.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Locale matters. In Arizona, Wildtrack might be popular, in Colorado it's not so much (unless it is just bought for looks). Some buy for actual usage and, IMHO, the WT is not set up for Colorado off-roading, and certainly not for snow. Adequate- but not proficient.
I believe the charts are generated from built data vs. ordered data. Since the WT is itself a constraint, this low build rate doesn’t surprise me.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else feel like iconic silver is making a come back?

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my 22 Eruption Green because there are NO green cars here where I live. Plus, I really like the EG. The Green actually changes tone based on the amount of light.

I'm actually very disappointed that the EG turns out to be the most popular overall. Maybe I should go back to Iconic Silver for the next one??? Hard to believe that is only 2%???

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford really screwed you over then. Here you're forced to only select between one or two colors because they bombarded you with metallics.

1. Black
  2. White
  3. Cactus Gray
  4. Area 51
  5. Race Red
  6. Cyber Orange
  7. Rapid Red/Chili Pepper Red
  8. Antimatter Blue
Or eight colors...... (who's counting anyway!)

Meanwhile those lucky bastards that get everything handed to them on a silver platter have a veritable feast for the eyes with the dozens if not hundreds of metallic paint options

1. Iconic Silver
  2. Carbonized Gray
  3. Velocity Blue
  4. Eruption Green
  5. Antimatter Blue

Wait a darn minute here..... Tale of the tape shows that you have more options than those who seek to have a bit of spark and pizzazz in their lives.

MY21 Bronco colors.jpg

And yes, I realize Antimatter Blue was listed under both. from 0-5" distance it's metallic, anything over 6" away and it's just solid black.
Most metallic's show 2 colors..one in the sun and one at night...but to say AMB looks black...you must be talking about nighttime...if not ..??

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, to be fair, with the number of grayscale colors Bronco comes in, before Eruption Green you only had fire engine red, which is polarizing, school bus yellow, which is polarizing, and bright blue, which is a very common style color to offer.

For an outdoors lifestyle brand the color pallet is pretty terrible as a whole. Offering a non-tricoat metallic green was always going to be a high take-rate option given the mediocre pallet.

Full disclosure: I switched my order from Race Red to Eruption Green. I liked Race Red, but it was really only picked as my favorite of the 3 actual colors offered.
My friend just got his in eruption green it is deep and dreamy.

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most metallic's show 2 colors..one in the sun and one at night...but to say AMB looks black...you must be talking about nighttime...if not ..??
AMB looks black from a distance to me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now that you mention it, Antimatter Black Blue looks so very, very blue all the time, what was I thinking?

Did you know, if the forum could harken back to the anals of history, that at one point in time people on here called it "Antimatter Black", because it's for all intents and purposes, black.

Then that 1/2 of one percent of the time it has a slightly off-black hue to it. Majestic!

35zR7zw.png

My friend just got his in eruption green it is deep and dreamy.
The only friendly thing to do is encourage @Administrator to preemptively ban your friend for taking delivery of his Bronco before so many others. :ROFLMAO:

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
And yet they discontinued Antimatter Blue. I call bullshit!
..I've been reading for 2 years now how bad AMB is..it's not blue ..it's black...I guess that's what keeps Lens Crafter's in business...
Sponsored