Sponsored

I think our renders are fundamentally flawed.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
It was always a '21MY. The design was locked in a while ago and took longer between phases of the product cycle than some other recent Ford vehicles.
I wonder how many times this will have to be explained before the vehicle comes out.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the insiders over at blueovalforums said that bucked offroads was pretty close. They said the back end isn't as straight up (vertical) in real life and that the distance from the back of the rear fender to the bumper is a bit longer.
God I hope that's right. Because the more I see these renders the more I really don't like how straight up and down the back of it is.

@Jake_zx2 I think we had an argument over semantics of retro before but I completely agree with you that I hope they don't go full throw back and make it look just like a new first gen Bronco.

The front is apparently going to very much be that (round headlights, same grill style and flared up front fenders). That I can deal with and I love the touch of the old fenders. However, I really hope the back isn't as boxy and straight up and down like a hard top Jeep. Even the first gen Bronco seemed to have a bit more of a taper to the back then some of these renders. I really hope they go with the Bronco6G render when it comes to the rear window and back end of it. Because right now the back looks like a Jeep copy and uninspired. The back of the Bronco6G looks instantly recognizable as a Bronco and keeps it from looking too boxy and retro. People keep calling it a lifted Flex and seeing C&D four door renders I have to agree with them. The four door version here on Bronco6G looks so much better. Its all about that back side window.

bronco6g-fordbronco-top2.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If management and marketing wanted you to see it by now, you would have. It's very, VERY deliberate why you haven't.

Especially how the current S550 Mustang even had its prod. front end caught with camo on a S197 body mule, in November 2012 (A Pillar aft).

About 1-2 weeks before design freeze. Heck, even similarly configured facelift S550 mules were out in 2015.

And plenty of CX430 and P702s running around. Says more than enough.

Sorry.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If management and marketing wanted you to see it by now, you would have. It's very, VERY deliberate why you haven't.

And plenty of CX430 and P702s running around. Says more than enough.
I totally get why, I’m just super curious how badass this thing is going to be. I feel like it’s getting a sort of “ark of the covenant, Maltese falcon vibe” (To quote Guardians of the Galaxy)

Everything I’ve read makes it seem Ford will deliver but I’m just curious how they’re going to do it AND keep the price reasonable.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can’t blame you for that! Hopefully will see ya out here next year.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not easy to predict trends 5 years down the road (early design stages to showrooms), let alone 3 years for the final product that's locked-in.
Which probably lead to all the bland designs I recall in the early to mid-90's..... across pretty much all the domestic brands. Mass "appeal" wasn't appealing.

Carmaker, could you PLEASE include brief , plain language descriptors for all the build codes?
I know I'm not the only one to whom P552 , CD391, P558 SD, S197 is mostly gibberish to non-car folks. Which sucks because your posts, when I can follow them, are interesting as all get out. Like what year % model is the P558 SD .... Super Duty?

What was the code for the original Super Duty you referred to? I had a 2001 , and to this day still love the look of those trucks.

Thanks.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Which probably lead to all the bland designs I recall in the early to mid-90's..... across pretty much all the domestic brands. Mass "appeal" wasn't appealing.

Carmaker, could you PLEASE include brief , plain language descriptors for all the build codes?
I know I'm not the only one to whom P552 , CD391, P558 SD, S197 is mostly gibberish to non-car folks. Which sucks because your posts, when I can follow them, are interesting as all get out. Like what year % model is the P558 SD .... Super Duty?

What was the code for the original Super Duty you referred to? I had a 2001 , and to this day still love the look of those trucks.

Thanks.
P552 is a recentish F150. 2015 to now.
CD391 is the Fusion
P558 SD is the newest Super Duty
S197 is the 5th gen Mustang.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

which is why I think Ford should at lease have an option for SFA ...... otherwise it will fall short.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks.
Sorry to go off topic!:

The PHN131 was the MY1998 Super Duty, which was supposed to be a 1998 model in the fall of 1997. Things fell behind in 1996, so it became a Q1 1998 Job 1 and release. Marketing decided to call it a 1999 model, before it began production in January 1998 and was released in March 1998.

The idea of a separate Super Duty did not exist in 1992, while planning of a 4 door Bronco was underway under UN93 code alongside the identical PN96 pickup (aka 1997MY F-Series).

In November 1992, just 2 months before the 1993 NAIAS, the board signed off on the looks of the "1996 F-Series pickup". In January 1993, Chrysler unveiled the 1994 Dodge Ram pickup with big styling.

It was so hot, but the 1996 F-150 design freeze was underway and in too deep to revert things at that point.

They felt confident in the car like design of the next F-Series (1997 model), but opted to begin development of a heavier duty PHN131 model for late 1997 ('98 MY).

In 1994, you had PN96 testers running around, UN93 "Bronco" already locked in since September 1993, a UPN173 luxury version just wrapping up , and a new large 9-seater SUV called UW137 in planning based on this new super pickup PHN131.

Looking at the success of Ram's big rig styling during 1993 and much of 1994, a design choice was made for the super pickup (PHN131), which had plenty of the rounded and aero cues of the PN96 truck, but chiseled them up with a bolder fascia and taller profile.

In 1995, the new PN96 pickup went into production and Moray Callum joined Ford Design, adding some finishing touches to Drew Jacobson's design for the PHN131 pickup, which influenced the 2000 Excursion later approved in 1996.

In January 1996, the delayed PN96 went on sale as the 1997 F-150 and the first Super Duty VP1 prototypes were built. The new UN93 now called Expedition was revealed in May and Bronco production ended in June 1996. 2 door mockups of the UN93 were scrapped as early as 1993, killing the 2 door Bronco effectively. A new concept was developed for the PHN131 program.

In February 1997, the Powerforce Concept made its debut at CIAS, teasing the new Super Duty.

That is how the SD came to be and how the Bronco died.
Sponsored

Last edited: