Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are plenty of aerospace companies with the tooling, manufacturing space, and workforce to crank out these simple tops. Shoot, in the 70s Grumman made aluminum canoes as a side business. Many WWII aero companies made 1950s campers. But -

I'm not thinking that way. I'm thinking they need to do what Steve Jobs did with the early Apple computers. He totally automated the factory and EVERYTHING was made by robots. You don't need some assembly technician unsticking the tops from their forms, moving WIP to the next pedestal work station. You need machines and robots doing all the work, and the humans can go away. Then they will crank out all the Modular Tops needed JIT.
Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think they're saying that for a part as critical as the roof, there should be other suppliers on deck. Webasto can't possibly hold a monopoly on creating roofs for cars, could they?

My philosophy changed from, " order what you want and hold steady"... to quickly realizing what you realized.

Now it's-- "just get the Bronco in your driveway, then later on Make it how you want it"

To that effect, I caved and swapped the black shiny top for MIC. Knowing in the future if I still want the black mod, I can just order it from a local Ford dealership
I don't work in a body/paint shop, but have restored/painted a few cars. If your heart is set on a black shiny top, wouldn't it be possible to have the MIC top sanded, painted, and clear coated to whatever color your heart desires? Just wondering

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford wants to collect your money...really badly. They have invested millions and millions of dollars into this launch, and they want to deliver Broncos WAY more than anybody here wants to receive Broncos. They are highly motivated to convert your order to actual revenue, so rest assured they will do all they can to realize this.
All they can... like offer the rear hookups with a soft top order?

If they did I'd switch in a heartbeat, I wanted dual tops anyway.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 22 for me,cybertruck will be in driveway before bronco comes home

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't work in a body/paint shop, but have restored/painted a few cars. If your heart is set on a black shiny top, wouldn't it be possible to have the MIC top sanded, painted, and clear coated to whatever color your heart desires? Just wondering
I'd much rather spend $2k, than go through all that

Besides, I'll have some Ford points to spend
Sponsored