William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

September 13. Everyone please SWITCH - that opens up more capacity in 21 for me!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, all we know is there will be two new colors. It will have to be seen if these colors have an up charge . Of course this entire thing could be a bad dream that I am about to wake from…..yeah, I wish.
We also know there will be a manual transmission Sasquatch option (but we don’t know if that’ll be offered on all trim levels). And we know Wildtrak will be now be soft top standard rather than MIC.

But yeah… as others have said… it all really boils down to how price protection works, and we don’t have those details yet.

I personally am looking to downgrade from Badlands to Black Diamond to save some money—wife’s car got crushed by a tree this summer so had to dip into the Bronco budget to replace her car. But if I lose price protection it may not be worth it. I would also love to switch to Mansquatch, but I fully expect to lose price protection by doing that since it wasn’t a MY2021 option.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All this “price protection” is with Ford. How it works on the dealer end remains to be seen…
what they ought to do is authorize XPlan for all 2021 order/reservation holders.
Ford does not know about "KISS". This would solve soo many issues.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty certain "Price Protection" just means that Ford isn't going to change the MSRP of any previously existing Trims/Options/Packages.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty certain "Price Protection" just means that Ford isn't going to change the MSRP of any previously existing Trims/Options/Packages.
Typically speaking correct. Any current base MSRP's should remain the same for your new build. However if you add a new feature for 22 or something like that, which wasn't available, you'd have the new pricing. I don't know this to be the case, but its what I've typically seen. A good questions will be if you are grandfathered in with all 21 pricing or just previously selected ones. I doubt Ford will be that petty when it comes to patient reservation holders.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so if I order the same BD setup I had with SAC and I don't get a vin in say February I can go in and change my order to a Badlands? This is the plan depending on when my Bronco might be ready

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should be able to change your order to whatever you want, if you don't have a VIN.
I changed my trim 2x, my color (between CO and A51) like 4x, and different options like 6x.
If your dealer won't change that stuff for you, ask for a different sales person who is more familiar with the Bronco ordering system, because you absolutely can change your trim and other equipment as much as you want before you have a VIN. (Except to First Edition, because they're all gone)
A handful of people here changed from Wildtrak down to Badlands or other trims because they wanted a soft top, so they can get their Broncos this year or earlier next year.
You can’t change anything right now.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed the build spec on my first order with Hunter at Granger Ford on Monday afternoon.
Then it changed from last Thursday when he told me he couldn’t edit anything.
Sponsored