Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I worked three jobs, while in college and graduated in three years with no loan debt. It can be done, its hard as hell but it can be done.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked three jobs, while in college and graduated in three years with no loan debt. It can be done, its hard as hell but it can be done.
Good deal. And this is true.
I didn't attend college, went to the Military instead with the promise of the GI bill, etc.
Ended up in manufacturing and learned skills by watching the old guys and working on practicing what I saw after work on my own time.
At one point I also worked 3 jobs to build up to the point where I didn't have to in life. (full time painter at a factory, PT Auto Zone and PT mechanic when I was not working either of the other two).
It is hard.
Being on the go for 16-18 hours each day not counting commute, eating, or showering is hard. But in the end, if you do it with purpose, you end up not having to after a while.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The majority of people dig their own holes. As the saying goes, “ life is hard,and it is even harder when you are stupid.” There is no secret to success. Work hard, learn a skill, become a sought after commodity,live within ones means, and understand nothing is free.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough, as I see your point.
I agree the minimum wage should be more. The biggest question of the day is "What should that be?"
It's not exactly balanced that corporations make billions and people get paid $7-8 per hour.
But it's all relative. And it's capitalism. The corp should make comfortable money, as they have the overhead, provide the service, carry the risks and insurances, facility, you name it. But I agree in a lot of situations that gap is vulgarly wide.

Wages vs. inflation is always a balance that doesn't balance out well most of the time.
People should be free to live life however they see fit. But in doing so, every one of us has to live inside the means in which we have.
IF those means don't provide what you need, then the majority of one's time (every spare second) should be spent doing something to better themselves or their situation.
It is possible.
It will seldom be easy.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a Bronco with a black painted top. I've told I'll get a 2022 model year. But I wonder, what exactly does that mean, since many manufacturers start pushing out next year models in the fall/winter of a given year. Spring 2022, Summer, 2023?

Now it appears Ford is struggling even with the MIC tops, let alone painted. Seems like a bit of a gong show. The more I read on these forums the more faith I lose. I know it's the supplier and not Ford...I would just love some more information, some more context...so I can determine whether the wait is reasonable.

Sigh
The answer...nobody here know the answer to your question about "when". It is all conjecture, conspiracy theories, guesses,wishful thinking, bullshit.

"The more I read on these forums the more faith I lose": See answer above. This forum is full of "chicken littles" yelling "The sky is falling!"

Keep this is mind...Ford wants to collect your money...really badly. They have invested millions and millions of dollars into this launch, and they want to deliver Broncos WAY more than anybody here wants to receive Broncos. They are highly motivated to convert your order to actual revenue, so rest assured they will do all they can to realize this.

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You just contradicted yourself btw. Your first statement read that companies need to pay people better wages so they will go back to work and then in your next statement you say the reason nobody buys USA is because everything is to expensive. Can't have them both.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to bow out of this convo before it starts looking judgmental, as that is my last intent.
I've been in the spot where a friend had to loan me $300 to buy a clothes dryer, and drove a $300 25 year old Corolla that needed a clutch just to get to work. But in that time I spent every single waking moment either making money or finding a way to make money. The job market was far from what it is today.

Rhetorical questions and observations here only. I am not in your home and don't know you or your situation at all.
How much time invested in being online/gaming?
How much time spent watching TV?
How much $ spent on things that aren't essential? (alcohol, tobacco, clothes, gas, vehicle choice, name-brand vs. store brand, steaks vs. bologna sandwiches)...
What is your marketable skill?
Are you using that skill to the best of the intent and scope?
Those are all questions for anyone in a rough spot, not you specifically. So please don't take offense.

I have been in hard spots and positions of ease.
I have hired homeless shelter guys, drove to the shelter myself to get them to work, bought them food, work boots, coats.
I have dirt-poor people I've hired who have only a bicycle to get to work, and they do. Until they get enough put aside for a decent vehicle, then they invest and pull themselves out of the hole (sometimes).
Sadly most of the people I've tried to help get a leg up are in the position they are by their own decisions or actions, and they do nothing to help themselves get back out. Going from $0 to $18/hr. gives them now $18/hr. to piss away on drugs, booze or strippers and they end up right back where they were.
Again, obviously not your situation.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This type of planning should have pre-dated covid.
How many vendors will invest in a facility, production, training, labor management system when they are not the sole vendor? It likely isn't worth the investment to be a partial vender, especially at a competitive pricepoint.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I see a white painted roof on the dealer lot, then I'll be ready to buy. Sad that the situation has come to this. Best to just take a step back and enjoy life till things change. Hopefully the Bronco becomes available on the lots like the F150 was a few months back.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure once they get a stable, vaccinated staff for shifts, the roofs will start rolling out quickly. Should help with Ford's issues. Of course, Ford could create their own roof plant, and that would show their true commitment to the Bronco brand...... :unsure:
They pretty much did with Webasto building a new facility 15 minutes from MAP. I'm pretty certain that wasn't an accident. This is a big player in the auto roof market. Ford has their wagon hitched to the right horse. They just need a bit of slack until they get a new facility up to speed. In 4 months this is probably going to be a non-issue.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can only take this place in small doses as I check up on Bronco news...
I check in, hoping there will be some road reviews, actual news, or something meaningful...but people are just spinning right now.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many vendors will invest in a facility, production, training, labor management system when they are not the sole vendor? It likely isn't worth the investment to be a partial vender, especially at a competitive pricepoint.
A lot of people don't get this. Ford partnered with the one company that could provide to Fords standards and needs. Webasto isn't some joke, they're international with the resources to commit to the partnership by building a facility by MAP. Others in the mix would likely have even bigger issues most likely.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people don't get this. Ford partnered with the one company that could provide to Fords standards and needs. Webasto isn't some joke, they're international with the resources to commit to the partnership by building a facility by MAP. Others in the mix would likely have even bigger issues most likely.
exactly. Plus, who did the design of the roof and who owns that design? Did Webasto design it to Ford's spec (likely to me) and license it to Ford only? Then there simply is no other factory that can just appear and make them, at least not the same design. And there's be a lot of crying here if there'd be two different MIC tops now, LOL.
I'd think there are some exclusivity clauses in their contracts so one doesn't invest millions in r&d and then the other sends the plans to China and has someone else build this.

Lot's of Monday morning quarterback keyboard warriors on forums these days.

I just trust that Ford is longing very hard for the money we all promised them, and doing all that possibly can be done under these world wide restrictions and material shortages, be it raw plastic of fancy special computer chips (that also can't just be made by someone else, we're not talking screws and wires here). Just be happy there's no lumber involved...

I want them to take the time needed to get things right, well fitting, not leaking and nice looking and built by well trained healthy employees making a good wage. And eventually I'll get my night one res with all the 'bad' stuff holding it back. And that's fine with me.
Sponsored