Sponsored

IAG rock rail retrofit steps….we want to know what YOU want!!

Which step version are you most likely to purchase?

• Total voters

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m liking V1 but lean V2 for the wife and kid on the way. All black. Logo subdued and I’m not digging the mountain range with the logo. The IAG logo is solid brand mark all alone. No need to make it busier. Not into the accent colors. Maybe just make the mark a little smaller. I’m also very interested in a full length bolt on version. Absolutely down for that.
Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m liking V1 but lean V2 for the wife and kid on the way. All black. Logo subdued and I’m not digging the mountain range with the logo. The IAG logo is solid brand mark all alone. No need to make it busier. Not into the accent colors. Maybe just make the mark a little smaller. I’m also very interested in a full length bolt on version. Absolutely down for that.
Same. V1, but probably V2 due to kids. All black, as subdued logo as possible.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

now that i think about it V2 would probably be best for me too with 2 boys getting in the back.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

V1, V2, or full length four-door. Carbonized gray for accent color.

Whinney 2112

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm most interested in v2 or v3 full length 2dr. I am 5'5" with short legs. LoL!!
Not sure if the step or full length would be best if anyone needs to get in the back seat.

Sponsored

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love these. I would say v2 with bronco trim accent colors. I would be so about this if I hadn't already purchased the AR version.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes!!!!! v1 for me. i like the spot welded one. looks clean. be sure to let us know when they are available for pre-order!

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am a V2 guy and would like the badlands orange insert. I would be interested in checking out the full length for a 2D also. Very nice product and nice price point per your bookface post.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd probably go for v1 or v2 I'm fine either way with the logo. I agree you'd need colors to match interior accents. Also would like to see the full length rendering.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G fam! I’m looking for some feedback. We are considering a few step designs to retrofit onto the factory rock rails. They are bolt on and bolt off in minutes. At the moment, we have 3 versions on the table:

V1 is at the height of the top of the rock rail.
V2 is approximately 2” below the top of the rock rail.
V3 is approximately 4” below the top of the rock rail.

I believe there is a place in the market for all 3 but am looking for feedback.

V1 is the least obtrusive and likely the best of you don’t want to remove every time you mall crawl or actually go off road.
V2 will certainly make it easy to get in and out after a lift and big tires and still maintains good ground clearance.
V3 will be an excellent option for the vertically challenged.

I will update the post with renderings of V2 and V3 tomorrow.

Additionally I’m looking for insight on colors. All are finished in a course Anti-skid powder coat. In the front of the step is a small decorative name plate. We have done this in both a spot welded version that would be the same color as the step, as well as a riveted version that can be raw stainless or powder coated in an accent color.

The question is, would you prefer a spot welded one piece version or a replaceable one with an accent color? If you like the replaceable one, would you all like basic colors like red and blue or does an option of factory ford body colors appeal to you?

I know this is a complex series of questions but we are trying to gauge the market before starting production next week. Again I will update the post as we get the other versions prototyped in the coming days. For now here are some teasers to better explain the direction we are going. I welcome feedback!
56CE8877-27A4-48D1-88E5-E0C10CAB7AE4.jpeg
2B025056-6BB0-4F43-9801-FFCF5E18AE97.jpeg
207B83B3-A7DB-4B9B-A529-771B858F2706.jpeg
B8B73FF7-8B9E-452F-96A1-F6FE18E6118C.jpeg
F5BE5B63-24BC-4381-B5E6-88724EBE8DC4.jpeg
50D1A84B-50DF-4093-A846-8E0A38D3ED31.jpeg
6257EE60-855F-450D-83DC-160810454195.jpeg
389227F9-5AED-44B3-9F17-6384607DFEEC.jpeg
EC52564A-F3FE-4D61-959D-3737370CF887.jpeg
0FA04924-C245-465E-A6BC-D8CE21151C54.jpeg
AAF2D766-64D0-43B5-AB6D-11530133A636.jpeg
My first question, always, whenever anything is put before me that I might want to buy, is what will it cost me? Any word on pricing, for these?

I have a Badlands on order, which comes with rock rails, not tube steps. My wife, @Seanette, is of less than average height, with legs of less than average length. I'm quite a bit taller, with longer legs, but my legs do not work quite as well as they did before I broke one of them a couple of years ago.

So both of us are going to need some kind of step to make it easier to get in and out of our Bronco.

Current plan is to order a set of Ford's tube steps before the Bronco is scheduled to arrive, and have my dealer swap those in in place of the rock rails.

Now, I think I understand the purpose of rock rails, but I'm not certain that my understanding is correct. The Badlands trim seems to be particularly designed to climb over rocks and other similar obstacles, and I think the rock rails are there to protect the body of the vehicle from damage from such obstacles. I don't have any specific plans to take my Bronco rock-crawling, but I can't rule out the possibility that I will want to do so. I don't know how much damage I risk if I do, by having tube steps instead of rock rails.

It seems to me that the most obvious thing would be rock rails that extend far enough to the side to also serve as steps. At least one vendor out there has such a product, but it's about $2,000 for the pair, which is more than I want to spend for such a thing. Something else rather intriguing to me, but even less practical, is rock rails that have powered steps that extend when needed to enter and exit the vehicle, and then retract into the rick rails to be protected when the vehicle is in operation.

I think the worst solution I've seen is steps that are attached to rock trails, and extend below. It seems to me that in the situation where you need rock rails, those would either catch on obstacles, or else would be torn right off.

Your product looks similar to that last, but it looks like it's meant to be easily removed and replaced. Possibly the best solution, if they're inexpensive enough. I could remove them when/if I ever want to go over the sort of obstacles that call for rock rails, and then reinstall them again afterward. I think both @Seanette and I can handle occasionally having to climb in and out without steps, but we really do not want that to be the normal situation in normal use.

I don't suppose it's possible to make steps that can attach to Ford's rock rail, and can safely be left installed for rock crawling, is it? Your product, as pictured, looks like it has part of it that needs to go underneath the rock rail to attach, which means it'd be vulnerable to damage in a rock-crawling situation.

Look like it's intended to not require any holes to be drilled in the rock rails. For the right solution, and properly done, I am entirely willing to have holes drilled into my rock rails to mount it.

About about this idea?

Cut off the part below the level of the bottom of rock rail(perhaps even an inch above that point, and put screws through it where they will most effectively hold it in place?

Ford Bronco IAG rock rail retrofit steps….we want to know what YOU want!! Untitled

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G fam! I’m looking for some feedback. We are considering a few step designs to retrofit onto the factory rock rails. They are bolt on and bolt off in minutes. At the moment, we have 3 versions on the table:

V1 is at the height of the top of the rock rail.
V2 is approximately 2” below the top of the rock rail.
V3 is approximately 4” below the top of the rock rail.
I guess I should answer the question that was actually asked.

With regard to my previous discussion, of whether a variant can be made that can be bolted on, and safely left in place for rock-crawling, obviously that would have to be closest to V1, as it would not do to have it down below the rock rail where it would be vulnerable.

But if I must have a version that has to be removed for rock crawling or other similar obstacles, then the lowest version, the V3, is probably better for my needs, and those of my wife.

And, of course, once again, the most important question of all to me—What sort of pricing are we looking at?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like V1 or possibly V2 if full length. I understand companies need to put logos on product, but I really don’t want anything that stands out. I would probably pay extra for no logo and promise to be a good brand ambassador if people ask me about them.
Sponsored