Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There’s tons of thread on here about that. Their customer service is pretty good and will work to remedy the situation.

I went with Archetype Racing’s steps. Pricier but no issues with rusting
AR for me as well. No issues.
Sponsored

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually dropped off my steps last week Thursday to have them powder coated. It'll cost me just under a $100 for the pair. I'll post pics when I get them back and installed.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I proudly added IAG steps to my Bronco Everglades about 4 months ago and they looked fantastic and certainly did the job...but now the paint is peeling off/blistering, the front edge paint has come off completely and the metal is rusting...looks pretty unsightly on a Bronco that is less than 6 months old.

I don't have mudflaps so I'm assuming that this is part of the cause but the paint is blistering on the parts that hook over the sidebar which shouldn't be happening...

Is this just me? anyone lese have similar issues with their IAG steps
I would reach out to them, I believe they had an issue with paint / powdercoat and it was posted somewhere on here. If memory serves me well they responded and seemed to work to address the issue.

I was going to buy them but I went with AR magnums so I did not need to worry about rust

EDIT: I responded to the first post and I see others have chimed in saying the same thing - good luck

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also had this issue. I contacted IAG and sent pictures. Their support response was excellent. They sent a prepaid RMA label for the bad set. I had a new pair at my door within 3 days. I have not installed the new set yet, so I can't speak to the quality of the replacement.

Ford Bronco IAG steps - not holding up well to the elements PXL_20230309_184735423.MP

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! That is really bad. I’ve always liked the looks of those but reading the experiences on these I think I’ll officially stay away.

Seems like IAG has had some bumps in the road with some of their products. Their soft tops struts wore holes in peoples roll bars, their cup holders needed stronger magnets sent out of original purchases and after upgraded magnet they still suck, and the issues people have had with these.

I want to like IAG but their stuff (IMO) is a bit suspect. I say that sitting on some of their interior lights and grab handles to install. But I think going forward I’ll probably buy elsewhere.

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sheesh y’all driving on salted roads?

From the west coast here, 8 months, no issues with mine.
Mine began rusting within 3 months of installing and it was summer, so no salt during that period. IAG support did state they had an issue in the production chain with several batches.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! That is really bad. I’ve always liked the looks of those but reading the experiences on these I think I’ll officially stay away.

Seems like IAG has had some bumps in the road with some of their products. Their soft tops struts wore holes in peoples roll bars, their cup holders needed stronger magnets sent out of original purchases and after upgraded magnet they still suck, and the issues people have had with these.

I want to like IAG but their stuff (IMO) is a bit suspect. I say that sitting on some of their interior lights and grab handles to install. But I think going forward I’ll probably buy elsewhere.
I forgot I have their grab handles as well. The first shipment was an empty package. I contacted support and there was some degree of disbelief, but they did send out replacements. One started unraveling within a couple months and all have faded badly. Not the best experiences with quality.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine aren't as bad as some of the others. In the process of getting them swapped out. IAG has been responsive so they've got that going for them.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the full boards on my two door BL. Now you all have me wondering.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've liked the steps but mine started rusting with a few months after installing them. The driver's side is badly rusted, the passenger isn't looking great, and the rear passenger side is also showing signs of rust. I've had my bronco since July, but I've only driven 6k miles.

OP
OP
Limpetman

Limpetman

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I've liked the steps but mine started rusting with a few months after installing them. The driver's side is badly rusted, the passenger isn't looking great, and the rear passenger side is also showing signs of rust. I've had my bronco since July, but I've only driven 6k miles.
Sounds exactly like my situation...

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had the full length steps since last September. Passenger side started rusting within a few months. They sent me a replacemenot and now the drivers side is catching up and the replacement has even started to rust a bit as well. Not nearly as bad as what is posted in the pics here built definitely starting to rust. Their customer service has been great with everything I’ve bought from them. Not sure what to do next. I was thinking of swapping them for their individual steps that would at least be quicker to pop off if they needed to be touched up. I’ll be anxious to see what everyone else finds out.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad I found this thread I was going to purchase the full length steps. But after reading this
its a Hard pass for me
Sponsored