Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My deep dive in to suspension upgrades continues.

Has anyone on here installed the ICON EXP 2.5 for the Hoss 1.0. These are a bare shock that uses the factory spring.
Sponsored

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have installed them on the hoss 2.0 Badlands. Ran them for a week, removed them and put on Bilstein 6100's. The shock body was to long in my opinion. With the clip on the lowest Hoss 2.0 position it was an additional 2" above stock Badlands height. Than was not the worst of it, at that height it only had 3/4" of travel between the bump stop and shock body. Called ICON to speak with them about this as they stated that these can be adjusted to stock Hoss 2.0 height in the lowest Hoss 2.0 groove. Well, they acted as this was impossible. Installing coil over shocks and reading directions for the correct groove is not overly complicated. So after a few attempts to get a clarification, I just removed them and installed Bilstein's. I could have tolerated the height but not having such a small amount of travel before contacting the bump stop. The ride was no better or worst than the Bilstein's.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My main choice is the Bilstein 6112's. The only issue I have with them, is the minimum lift for a non sas 2 door is 3.6 inches at the lowest setting and it is not recommended to use any other position. I guess I shouldn't complain about 3.6 inches of lift, but I don't like that the adjustability is not available.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed the Icon stage 1 EXP about a month ago. They are set at lowest height for HOSS 1.0, 1 and 3/8th" front and 1.5" rear. They handle my 285/70r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in load range C much better than the base shocks and reduced brake dive slightly.
Sponsored