Sponsored

Will Hoss 3.0 Fox shocks work with Hitachi Hoss 1.0 springs?

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Slowly learning more about the Bronco suspensions and I’m hearing nothing but positive about the nice, cushy on road feel of Fox shocks with Hoss 3.0.

Heres the question: Will just the Fox shocks from the Hoss 3.0 fit on my OBX Hitachi coil springs? I realize the Hoss 3.0 comes with different springs. But if I could just swap all my parts over from my Hitachi coil overs it would seem the best of both worlds. I’d keep the stock ride height that I want, and get a more plush ride.

If anyone can confirm or deny I’d greatly appreciate the insight!
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s just go ahead and say no.

You don’t wanna go down this road.

Shocks are valved for a particular spring rate, spring length, and spring style (progressive, linear). This could be a big can of worms, and will most likely open up to a very unstable ride.

The Top hats and spring seats might be different as well.

Fox 3.0 shocks are naturally plush. You probably would enjoy them more than HOSS 1.0 Hitachis

OP
OP
bcb1

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. Buying the shocks, springs and related seats, top hats, etc bring the price up quite a bit. Still cheaper from Tasca Ford than a full adjustable Fox 2.5 performance set.

Not many Hoss 3.0 takeoffs around for sale, at least not yet. Maybe over the next year or two there will be.

So…buy some takeoff Bilsteins now…or wait and hope to find a set of takeoff Hoss 3.0 shocks.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Buying the shocks, springs and related seats, top hats, etc bring the price up quite a bit. Still cheaper from Tasca Ford than a full adjustable Fox 2.5 performance set.

Not many Hoss 3.0 takeoffs around for sale, at least not yet. Maybe over the next year or two there will be.

So…buy some takeoff Bilsteins now…or wait and hope to find a set of takeoff Hoss 3.0 shocks.
Hey @Caleb@PandaMotorworks do you still have that 2DR S&D suspension setup available?

You might have your buyer!

@bcb1 - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...i-kit-scratch-dent-steal-price-lowered.89921/ - Check this out!!

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went through this same exercise with my off-road shop. To do the HOSS 3.0 the right way was just too expensive to justify for me. Had some bilstiens put on. I’m happy.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buy the Bilstein 6100 series. Run at the lowest setting they will be right at the stock ride height and far superior ride than you factory setup. Very budget friendly.

OP
OP
bcb1

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went through this same exercise with my off-road shop. To do the HOSS 3.0 the right way was just too expensive to justify for me. Had some bilstiens put on. I’m happy.
Which Bilsteins did you do? Takeoffs from a Badlands or SAS Bronco, or did you buy new Bilstein shocks to use with existing springs?

OP
OP
bcb1

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy the Bilstein 6100 series. Run at the lowest setting they will be right at the stock ride height and far superior ride than you factory setup. Very budget friendly.
Thanks for the advice. I’ve seen some say the 5100’s are too stiff, stiffer than stock. But others say no they’re more comfy than stock. Haven’t seen too much on the 6100’s. Using them with stock springs, would that give the plusher, “soak up the bumps” ride I’m looking for?

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which Bilsteins did you do? Takeoffs from a Badlands or SAS Bronco, or did you buy new Bilstein shocks to use with existing springs?
I went with the 6112’s which is a compete coil over. Lifted 2 inches and added nitto recon grappler 295/70r18 116s on the factory non-sas OBX wheel. Also ended up adding a one inch spacer (mostly for the look). You can find threads on here about the 6112s. They are firmer and more sporty. If you are doing this to get a “plush” ride, they may not be what you want. I am super happy though.
Ford Bronco Will Hoss 3.0 Fox shocks work with Hitachi Hoss 1.0 springs? IMG_3364

Mike leggiero

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Icon exp 1.0 is a 2.5 with more travel then the 6100 or go with eibach 2.0 or eibach stage one

OP
OP
bcb1

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since Hoss 3.0 with the Fox shocks that I really want isn’t widely available as takeoffs yet….

What is the next best thing, for the plush ride I’m looking for? I swear driving the 2 door Wildtrak at the Bronco Roadeo felt like driving on marshmallows lol. That is the ride I’m looking for!
Sponsored