msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own a 2022 Bronco Wildtrack with HOSS 3.0 Fox suspension.

I’d like to explore installing longer springs (same specs everything else) to get more lift.

Does anyone know the HOSS 3.0 Fox spring part number(s) and dimensions?

I would like to purchase springs that are 2” longer so if anyone has part numbers for longer springs that would be great too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
msch382

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just spoke with Eibach. They are working on developing springs for the Bronco, but they have not determined exactly what products nor for which specific trim models.

Reached out to Fox too--have not heard back.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just spoke with Eibach. They are working on developing springs for the Bronco, but they have not determined exactly what products nor for which specific trim models.

Reached out to Fox too--have not heard back.
I find it strange they say that yet my Radflo’s came with Eibach springs and not only that but they have multiple options as far as spring weight. I went with 650lb but 700 was offered as an option as well which are both significantly heavier than stock.

OP
OP
msch382

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took my Wildtrack HOSS 3.0 to Southern Utah last week. We did Poison Springs Creek, Butler Wash, Flint, Simplot (had to back off due to landslide), Flint, Canyonlands, The Maze, etc.

It was a great time; however, with three people, camping gear, extra fuel cans, water, etc. we were hitting and scraping the bottom of the vehicle on just about everything--the gear and passenger weight lowered the car about 1.5-2.0" especially in the back of the vehicle. Glad I had JCR skids on the vehicle. Note, I'm running Method 105 beadlocks with BFG KM2 35s.

Just getting a few more inches with longer springs would go along way to crawling over the rocks in the washes, etc.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had reached out to @AccuTune Offroad about longer springs for HOSS 3.0. They mentioned these Fox's wouldn't take a standard coil spring like they sell for universal fit shocks. They're pigtail/OEM style spring and also appeared to be progressive rate, so would need an even more specific spring.

He also mentioned: " A taller/longer/heavier spring may not be a great option though. Those IBP shocks are designed to work as is with an adequate amount of up/down travel, so adding more preload/longer spring would push the shock out of its designed ride zone and potentially making the ride worse. IBPs in general are very picky in how they function. "

He mentioned they would be releasing their Tuned Fox shocks in the next month or so, but I replied that HOSS 3.0 owners are not wanting to scrap their suspension as a first option since we paid more $$ for the setup. I mentioned there were a lot of Wildtrak owners wanting to add a couple inches of lift to their factory Fox's and this was a gap in the market they could corner. There didn't appear to be interest in covering the gap though.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had reached out to @AccuTune Offroad about longer springs for HOSS 3.0. They mentioned these Fox's wouldn't take a standard coil spring like they sell for universal fit shocks. They're pigtail/OEM style spring and also appeared to be progressive rate, so would need an even more specific spring.

He also mentioned: " A taller/longer/heavier spring may not be a great option though. Those IBP shocks are designed to work as is with an adequate amount of up/down travel, so adding more preload/longer spring would push the shock out of its designed ride zone and potentially making the ride worse. IBPs in general are very picky in how they function. "

He mentioned they would be releasing their Tuned Fox shocks in the next month or so, but I replied that HOSS 3.0 owners are not wanting to scrap their suspension as a first option since we paid more $$ for the setup. I mentioned there were a lot of Wildtrak owners wanting to add a couple inches of lift to their factory Fox's and this was a gap in the market they could corner. There didn't appear to be interest in covering the gap though.
All correct. We do not make coil springs, so it would be a reach for us to develop a spring for a very specific vehicle model. Like I also mentioned in the chat, if there is a demand, I bet other spring companies will develop a spring package..

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the ride, but want a 2 inch lift, without replacing the $2500 shocks.... I'm considering a 2 inch perch lift... Thoughts?

OP
OP
msch382

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the ride, but want a 2 inch lift, without replacing the $2500 shocks.... I'm considering a 2 inch perch lift... Thoughts?
There are other threads in the forum discussing perch collars. Check out perch collars by RPG and Wildhorses, etc.

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I own a 2022 Bronco Wildtrack with HOSS 3.0 Fox suspension.

I’d like to explore installing longer springs (same specs everything else) to get more lift.

Does anyone know the HOSS 3.0 Fox spring part number(s) and dimensions?

I would like to purchase springs that are 2” longer so if anyone has part numbers for longer springs that would be great too.

I am in exactly the same boat. I took my HOSS 3.0 to Baja and was doing 6 days straight of high speed stuff with every other kind of G6 Bronco you could imagine, and it absolutely ripped.

The ride was plush enough the car felt like it could outcompete stock Sasquatch Bilstein's but, and I was new to ALL this, keeping up with Raptor's and the King Shock's folks wasn't quite possible, but I'd like to get a little closer or atleast get that nose up and level

I also had added the hidden winch. So I was lower in the front and bashed some stuff pretty good. In fact the winch isnt working now so I have to open all that up. Thankfully I had allot of aluminum skids down there.

I am really adverse to messing this capability up with Spring Perch stuff, (I may consider the smaller lift ones).

So my suspension guru question is, if the truck is more nose heavy then spec would a moderately longer spring potentially bring everything back into the sweet spot and keep the front end basically working as designed ? or is the Bronco right back to needing an Upper Control arm or more ?

Also here are Eibach's that claim to fit 2023 Wildtrak HOSS. I'd like to verify first.
Would this Spring safely allow 37's with a clearance kit ? I would hope so.

There was one true off road racing driver, in our group, Shelby White, driving a stock Ford Bronco, might have been a badlands, not sure, but she did have the springs changed,. It wasn't a HOSS 3.0 but she was right up front with the Braptors every day. Her and her family would no doubt know how to set up the car right. So springs seem viable, but I don't know what I don't know.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs bajabronco-ocean

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are other threads in the forum discussing perch collars. Check out perch collars by RPG and Wildhorses, etc.
To put my previous post in perspective, I ordered RPG's 1.5" spring perch for the Hoss 3.0. The actual pre-load thickness of the collar is 5/8".

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in exactly the same boat. I took my HOSS 3.0 to Baja and was doing 6 days straight of high speed stuff with every other kind of G6 Bronco you could imagine, and it absolutely ripped.

The ride was plush enough the car felt like it could outcompete stock Sasquatch Bilstein's but, and I was new to ALL this, keeping up with Raptor's and the King Shock's folks wasn't quite possible, but I'd like to get a little closer or atleast get that nose up and level

I also had added the hidden winch. So I was lower in the front and bashed some stuff pretty good. In fact the winch isnt working now so I have to open all that up. Thankfully I had allot of aluminum skids down there.

I am really adverse to messing this capability up with Spring Perch stuff, (I may consider the smaller lift ones).

So my suspension guru question is, if the truck is more nose heavy then spec would a moderately longer spring potentially bring everything back into the sweet spot and keep the front end basically working as designed ? or is the Bronco right back to needing an Upper Control arm or more ?

Also here are Eibach's that claim to fit 2023 Wildtrak HOSS. I'd like to verify first.
Would this Spring safely allow 37's with a clearance kit ? I would hope so.

There was one true off road racing driver, in our group, Shelby White, driving a stock Ford Bronco, might have been a badlands, not sure, but she did have the springs changed,. It wasn't a HOSS 3.0 but she was right up front with the Braptors every day. Her and her family would no doubt know how to set up the car right. So springs seem viable, but I don't know what I don't know.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs bajabronco-ocean
It should be double confirmed with Eibach, but their site states these only work with Bilstein PSD setup. The Fox’s are thicker. I thought about this too, but once I saw that They dropped from my options list.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I chatted with the Parts Tech at Extreme Terrain, also a Bronco owner, I have never used them before, but he got his Eibach tech on the phone and relayed a few things of note.

In short Eibach is working on new springs for us FOX HOSS 3.0 guys. It should not require a new upper control arm. They claim it will be ready in 3-4 months ( Which I would double the time frame as far as expectations go, given the way the world works these days)

He also thought we could lift about 3" or so before taxing the suspension dynamics. Not sure how much faith to put in that for what I want to do, but hope exists.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-1

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-2

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-3

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-5

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs Eibach-6

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-7

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-8

eibach-4.jpg

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I chatted with the Parts Tech at Extreme Terrain, also a Bronco owner, I have never used them before, but he got his Eibach tech on the phone and relayed a few things of note.

In short Eibach is working on new springs for us FOX HOSS 3.0 guys. It should not require a new upper control arm. They claim it will be ready in 3-4 months ( Which I would double the time frame as far as expectations go, given the way the world works these days)

He also thought we could lift about 3" or so before taxing the suspension dynamics. Not sure how much faith to put in that for what I want to do, but hope exists.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Replace Stock Springs with Longer Springs eibach-4

Man, nice follow-up! That tech was super helpful!

I've been so close to pulling the trigger on RPG perches... Just hoping all that info. holds true. I have read a few reports that the HOSS 2.0 Pro-lift springs are a bit soft, so hopefully they get these rates tuned right for the HOSS 3.0.
Sponsored