Sponsored

If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses.................

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on the light. It is a chameleon color that changes per the lighting conditions. Same as my Sting Gray Grand Cherokee.

0D26D6B6-0A0D-42C0-A233-109F5A1012F6.jpeg
3C24568C-5386-4A79-A2C3-D79D44825CA2.jpeg
D39D4233-135C-44DE-B80F-57152F16C0C5.jpeg
Man, if this was our cactus gray alternative....That color is sweet.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh, and a couple shades lighter might just look like Bluejeans blue, or any number of other blues, and what’s the fun in that? It then just becomes a pretty blue Bronco without Jedi black:blue tricks and stops being interesting.
What would have been perfect is a shade or two lighter base blue color and then the same black clearcoat. That way, in most lighting conditions or when it's dirty, its a very dark blue but then, after washing or when the light hits that perfect angle it explodes into a bright blue.

I think the basic issue is, dark blue already has so much of a black tint to it that the contrast with the clearcoat is too close. I've seen Kodiak and the red version (forgetting the official name right now) and both are much easier to notice the base color, because both are brighter colors. My guess is Guard Green would be similar.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if any of y'all have started watching the new Tough as Nails show on CBS, they have an F-150 that is AMB. Looks dark in the shade, but when the sun hits its, its blue.

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
What would have been perfect is a shade or two lighter base blue color and then the same black clearcoat. That way, in most lighting conditions or when it's dirty, its a very dark blue but then, after washing or when the light hits that perfect angle it explodes into a bright blue.

I think the basic issue is, dark blue already has so much of a black tint to it that the contrast with the clearcoat is too close. I've seen Kodiak and the red version (forgetting the official name right now) and both are much easier to notice the base color, because both are brighter colors. My guess is Guard Green would be similar.
IS there such a thing as 'black clearcoat"? Interesting if so....

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it should have been called Vantablue.

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I saw 2 AMBs next to a Shadow Black F150s. Turned out to be 3 AMBs. I swear AMB is Black even in Sunlight. It's only blue in DIRECT Sunlight.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IS there such a thing as 'black clearcoat"? Interesting if so....
That's how AMB exists. Blue base, black clear coat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses................. Mercedes lunar blue mettalic

Saw this new Mercedes SUV today, closest color I have found in real life to what I think AMB looks like. This is just an internet pic, I didn't take a pic because the dude was in his car, and was already giving me the stink eye cause I was checking out his ride. Sure enough behind the car, with the rear and side out of the sun, it turned to black, but then right back to blue 180 degrees later. AMB just has more magic flakes in it, I was kinda excited to see what my Bronco will look like. JUST gorgeous!!! Mercedes calls it Lunar Blue Metallic.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the good ol' days, we'd call it dark blue. My Jeep is dark gray. It is metallic, and it really glistens on a sunny day. But I can assure you that in the evening, or on a cloudy day or in a parking garage, it might as well be black. But that's why I went with a matte-black hardtop instead of glossy body-color, so it would set-off and contrast with the dark gray - sorta making it more obvious it is not a black Jeep.

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You nailed it. 😅😂🤣

Give it up guys! Regardless of the color, if you like it get it if not ............ :devilish:
NO this is the internet you are supposed to act all upset and argue over stoopid stuff!!!! 😜
Sponsored