First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to thank Purvis Ford for their patience and professionalism because I'm driving them nuts going back and forth on these things below. My order is in but I have until the 8th to make changes:
  1. I keep going back and forth on color. My text thread with dealer is longer than my wife's thread with me. These are my top colors I can't choose on.
    1. Area 51 (Currently what I ordered. I like the mat color feel)
    2. Rapid Red (Thinking about changing to this)
    3. Cactus Grey (Nice cool mat color)
    4. Antimatter Blue (Was my 1st until I saw it and it was pretty much Black unless the perfect sunny day hit it right)
    5. Velocity Blue (Just sold my 2019 VB Mustang GT.... It was a GREAT Color. Pissed about letting my Mustang go so may get it in memory of my girl "Blu")
    6. Cyber Orange (My 2004 Mustang GT is Competition Orange. Don't need two orange cars..... or do I....:unsure:)
    7. Besides Cyber Orange obviously. Anti Blue was my color for my Chicago Bear fandom but was to dark. I want a nice Bear tire cover on the back but what other color would go well with anything Chicago Bearish??
  2. I chose the Badlands trim but literally visit the site daily designing different builds. The Wildtrack's interior I'm not a fan of but it seems like the Badlands is a better trim but cheaper/downgrade. Maybe it's because the Wildtrack has the SAS pack.
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)
    • WT comes with SAS (PLUS)
    • WT Interior isn't desirable. Would have to upgrade to leather (MINUS)
    • BL MGV online comes in black with orange stitching and orange accents. Same with leather, only 1 color choice. wow. (MINUS)
    • WT decals. Not a fan. (MINUS)
    • I thought I saw a gray and blue MGV color option. What trim was that and why can't we have that on the BL??
    • I built out a Black Diamond and by the time I was done it was almost more than my built out BL.
  3. My God! Manual or Auto! I'm currently at manual and called my dealer yesterday and he changed it to auto... I called back 30 minutes later and he changed it back to manual.. 😔. Which is better not considering preference??
    • Manual has that crawl gear but of course if you have an Auto you don't need a crawl gear.
    • Manual is more fun but what about resell value?
    • What does auto offer that would make a Bronc owner choose it over manual?
    • My 04 GT (Sunkiss) is a manual. Perfect because my wife can't drive it and she's only mine! Should I consider the auto so she can drive or be selfish again! 😈
  4. 2.7 vs. 2.3. I currently have the 2.3 for cost (Currently a little over 50k on my build).
    • I can't get gas mileage stats. Is there a significant difference in gas mileage between 2.3 and 2.7?
    • 2.7 only has 40 more HP and yes the 2.7 is more powerful but by how much? May not be by much (I'm going to pay dearly for this comment so please be gentle as you school me 😀.)
    • I won't say it. Ok yes I will. Did Ford not put a manual on the 2.7 in order to get that upcharge on the auto 🤔?
This page is my NEW obsession! So many threads and answers to my questions! Wish there was an easier way to find certain threads but thanks for allowing me to bother you guys like I'm annoying my wife and dealer. I'm really bothering them so now I have this awesome outlet!!

Ford Bronco I'm driving my dealer crazy! blue and sunkiss
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I change my mind on my build daily. You’ll find you can get more answers to your questions here than your dealer in most cases. At least I have. Good luck with your final decision!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I change my mind on my build daily. You’ll find you can get more answers to your questions here than your dealer in most cases. At least I have. Good luck with your final decision!
Thank you and yes.. I've been on this site all night since signing up. The members here seem to be the Bronco engineers!

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry that is a natural process if you ask me. I have made three changes to my order already lol. I really want 4.7 gearing but they changed it and its only allowed on sas packages... Piff. I wanted to upgrade to 35+ later down the road after 33's need to be replaced but since you cant get 4.7 i guess not.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you and yes.. I've been on this site all night since signing up. The members here seem to be the Bronco engineers!
Welcome to the obsession!!! My build is the Outer Banks 4-door, 2.7L, LUX, AMB, Black MOD top, day one reservation holder. I think about your decisions on the 4cyl vs 6cyl and say, do what makes you happy. I will never drive a 4 banger again.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d say there’s no reason to communicate changes so often. Keep a notepad with your current desired build. Cross it out and write the new one when you change your mind. Sometime between May and whenever your build is scheduled, call your dealer exactly once and give them your most recent build.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All I have to say is that I'm perfectly happy with my Rapid Red 4-dr Badlands manual build. The only thing I called the dealer for is to add the free headliner.

-For your first dilemma: head to a Ford dealer and look at the colors in person.
-Your second: Get the Badlands. It fills your wants better than what the Wildtrak does.
-Third: Manual is more fun (to me, and I'm not buying a vehicle without it), but you will miss out on a couple off-road features. Unless you're going hardcore rock crawling I'd go manual.
-Fourth: You won't see too much of a MPG difference between the two, but 2.7L plus Auto hikes up the price pretty quick. See solution one and go to the dealer. Test drive a Ranger and a F-150 with the 2.3L and 2.7L respectively, and find out if the 2.3L is enough for you (which for 99% of people it will be).

2023 Bronco Heritage Edition Yellowstone Rapid Red.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to thank Purvis Ford for their patience and professionalism because I'm driving them nuts going back and forth on these things below. My order is in but I have until the 8th to make changes:
  1. I keep going back and forth on color. My text thread with dealer is longer than my wife's thread with me. These are my top colors I can't choose on.
    1. Area 51 (Currently what I ordered. I like the mat color feel)
    2. Rapid Red (Thinking about changing to this)
    3. Cactus Grey (Nice cool mat color)
    4. Antimatter Blue (Was my 1st until I saw it and it was pretty much Black unless the perfect sunny day hit it right)
    5. Velocity Blue (Just sold my 2019 VB Mustang GT.... It was a GREAT Color. Pissed about letting my Mustang go so may get it in memory of my girl "Blu")
    6. Cyber Orange (My 2004 Mustang GT is Competition Orange. Don't need two orange cars..... or do I....:unsure:)
    7. Besides Cyber Orange obviously. Anti Blue was my color for my Chicago Bear fandom but was to dark. I want a nice Bear tire cover on the back but what other color would go well with anything Chicago Bearish??
  2. I chose the Badlands trim but literally visit the site daily designing different builds. The Wildtrack's interior I'm not a fan of but it seems like the Badlands is a better trim but cheaper/downgrade. Maybe it's because the Wildtrack has the SAS pack.
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)
    • WT comes with SAS (PLUS)
    • WT Interior isn't desirable. Would have to upgrade to leather (MINUS)
    • BL MGV online comes in black with orange stitching and orange accents. Same with leather, only 1 color choice. wow. (MINUS)
    • WT decals. Not a fan. (MINUS)
    • I thought I saw a gray and blue MGV color option. What trim was that and why can't we have that on the BL??
    • I built out a Black Diamond and by the time I was done it was almost more than my built out BL.
  3. My God! Manual or Auto! I'm currently at manual and called my dealer yesterday and he changed it to auto... I called back 30 minutes later and he changed it back to manual.. 😔. Which is better not considering preference??
    • Manual has that crawl gear but of course if you have an Auto you don't need a crawl gear.
    • Manual is more fun but what about resell value?
    • What does auto offer that would make a Bronc owner choose it over manual?
    • My 04 GT (Sunkiss) is a manual. Perfect because my wife can't drive it and she's only mine! Should I consider the auto so she can drive or be selfish again! 😈
  4. 2.7 vs. 2.3. I currently have the 2.3 for cost (Currently a little over 50k on my build).
    • I can't get gas mileage stats. Is there a significant difference in gas mileage between 2.3 and 2.7?
    • 2.7 only has 40 more HP and yes the 2.7 is more powerful but by how much? May not be by much (I'm going to pay dearly for this comment so please be gentle as you school me 😀.)
    • I won't say it. Ok yes I will. Did Ford not put a manual on the 2.7 in order to get that upcharge on the auto 🤔?
This page is my NEW obsession! So many threads and answers to my questions! Which there was an easier way to find certain threads but thanks for allowing me to bother you guys like I'm annoying my wife and dealer. I'm really bothering them so now I have this awesome outlet!!

Ford Bronco I'm driving my dealer crazy! 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition Yellowstone Rapid Red
Based on your current cars you like muscle.

So easy choice: BL, 2.7 auto, Area 51... you know those A51's at Hammer, all dusty looked bada$$ !
You'll have the mustangs for manual pleasure, you'll have the Bronco for "beasting" it off road with the 2.7, and your wife can drive it. A total smorgasbord of pleasure!

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as color goes, I chose the carb gray as it's most neutral. I can do things like the SEMA build, switch parts out and stuff and there won't be any color clashing, this also applies for accent colors. Any of the colors you chose, you will have to color match. Also, brighter colors are more attracted to tickets on those long trips to use your vehicle in rocks or something. I also went 2.7 auto bc I wouldn't like driving long periods of time or in heavy traffic so I'm going auto, the gf can drive it that way also if I need a break from driving. 2.7 and auto badlands is also the only way to get all the HERO switches other than first edition. (Trail turn and trail one pedal [not a switch]) I also plan on getting the tune for the 2.7 from Ford. Hopefully it's the same as the tune for the raptor ranger (I think thats what I read, been a while)
This is specific for me but hopefully it helped and didn't just give you more to be indecisive about lol.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the obsession!!! My build is the Outer Banks 4-door, 2.7L, LUX, AMB, Black MOD top, day one reservation holder. I think about your decisions on the 4cyl vs 6cyl and say, do what makes you happy. I will never drive a 4 banger again.
That's a great build! And you went amb.. that was my go to. Do you see more blue or black?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on your current cars you like muscle.

So easy choice: BL, 2.7 auto, Area 51... you know those A51's at Hammer, all dusty looked bada$$ !
You'll have the mustangs for manual pleasure, you'll have the Bronco for "beasting" it off road with the 2.7, and your wife can drive it. A total smorgasbord of pleasure!
I like your thought process!! And I think your right.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as color goes, I chose the carb gray as it's most neutral. I can do things like the SEMA build, switch parts out and stuff and there won't be any color clashing, this also applies for accent colors. Any of the colors you chose, you will have to color match. Also, brighter colors are more attracted to tickets on those long trips to use your vehicle in rocks or something. I also went 2.7 auto bc I wouldn't like driving long periods of time or in heavy traffic so I'm going auto, the gf can drive it that way also if I need a break from driving. 2.7 and auto badlands is also the only way to get all the HERO switches other than first edition. (Trail turn and trail one pedal [not a switch]) I also plan on getting the tune for the 2.7 from Ford. Hopefully it's the same as the tune for the raptor ranger (I think thats what I read, been a while)
This is specific for me but hopefully it helped and didn't just give you more to be indecisive about lol.
This was extremely helpful. Didn't think about the switched and when we travel she wouldn't be able to take over. I may have to sacrifice something else so I can get the price where I want it but I need to fit in the auto 2.7.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Am I the only one that ordered exactly what they reserved and built on the Ford site? I have not made one change since ordering. While I understand buying something you’ve never seen is difficult, I chose what I wanted and just stuck. Just holding out hope I see it this summer.
OBX, 4–Door, Cyber Orange, MIC Top, Roast/Black Leather, 2.7L, Lux, Roof Rails, Towing. Not thoroughly convinced of the color but I’m sticking.

Last edited:

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just added signature lights to my build , maybe it's not to late